First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Absolutely, great work :)
    Thank You!
    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

Great Minsi III represented here! Dave M. was the man in the carrier wars, and you are the man in painting this model to look just like his fighter! I've got the version 1 without flaps...and this makes me want to copy yours! Nicely done sir!

Comment

Thank You!
        Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

I'm replacing my motorboard and although I marked the old one it doesn't seem right how I'm trying to install it. Would anyone know if the motorboard raised part number goes to the left or the right if you have the plane upright, meaning I'm looking at the front of the plane and it is not upside down.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I received the Hellcat for xmas...having an issue with the LEDs....I'm plugging the led controller that came with the plane into a spectrum AR610 ESC. I'm plugging it into the bind/data port for power. (I've tried other ports as well) the problem is that only one light is bright at a time. If I switch the plugs around it will make the opposite light bright and the other one dim. I've tried every combo of connections...no luck...what am I missing?

Comment

So it's when you plug either or led into the control only that one plug lights it bright the other dim. Check the soldering at the y split. Could be one may have a weak solder joint

Comment

Pulled off one heatshrink....looks ok...others feel solid

Comment

Dang man... maybe the connector has a loose fit inside? I have two of these controllers and one is plugged in to the same port you have yours and both lights are nice and bright. This is a strange one. Possibly put the dim side into the flashing port and see if it's bright there. If it is swap those two connectors and see if the continuous on still does the same. Beyond that I'm lost with this one. My meaning is take the connector from the y joints as you won't be using the flashing side anyway

Comment

Yea...lol....the best I can do is a bright red flashing and a bright steady green.....smh...has to be a bad controller

Comment

iieee yeah these aren't the Cadillacs of the motion rc lineup. These meaning dynam, would be the equivalent of a Saturn in comparison. One things for sure though, when setup right they will fly great!

Comment

I bought an LED light kit and put in my Hellcat instead. Not sure what color the original Dynam LEDs were either. But I put super bright white strobing LEDs in their place and put a red/green on the wing tips and used some foam filler and light sanding. The used some touch up paint.

See post #25

Tony

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I think I'm just gonna go with one blinking red and one solid green... it's just me flying around anyway and I don't exactly have an audience :)

I have another question... I have an 11Volt 4cell battery... do I really need to get the 14.4 volt that Dynam recommends? Will I have a problem trying to fly it with the 11 volt 4 cell?

Comment

If that 4 cell you have is really at 11 volts, then that battery is toast. 3 cells run at 11.1 volts. And, I think you really do need the 14.4 volts to fly this plane well. I think you'll find it very under-powered otherwise.

Comment

Well... a 4 cell LiPo can go as low as 11.4 at 0% useful charge left. Its in the range where you are starting to damage the pack but they can recover and be used.
                              That's if all 4 cells are at 2.85 v each.

However if his 4 cell is LABELED 11 volts, its not a LiPo. That might be A123. (though I'd expect that to be labeled 12v or possibly 13.2v)

There are other Lithium based cells out there with an assortment of nominal voltages.

For use in the model... some models do better with reduced battery voltage than others. I have some "4S" LiPo models that do fine on 3S and some 3S models that handle 4S just fine. Any EXPERIMENTATION with different voltage should be done with extreme care and use of a wattmeter is recommended.

The Dynams in the avatar pic:
                              Tiger Moth can deal with 3S 2000 mah to 4S 3300 mah LiPo using OEM ESC, motor and prop. (CG needs to be where the rear cabane struts meet the upper wing)
                              TheSpitfire you just can't fit anything bigger than the recommended batter.
                              The P-51 which calls for 3S 2000 mah I have managed to put in a 4S 5000 mah. It doesn't like the weight of that and gives best performance on 4S 3000 mah.
                              Me-262 needs 4S 4000 to 5000 mah. don't even try less than the 4S 4000. It also neds the battery spaced back to get optimum CG which is NOT where the instructions say it should be. Balance that one right where the aileron servos wires take a bend just outboard of the engine nacelles. Put your fingers RIGHT on that bend in the wire.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

It appears as though I better start paying attention to details...used to flying Parkzone RTF's.....the battery I am speaking of is an ADMIRAL 2200MAH 3S 11.1V....It appears as though I'll be getting the proper battery before my maiden flight! I had two of these batteries for the Dynam Spitfire (which is the recommended battery strangely) I purchased last year and assumed that they would work for this Hellcat... It appears as though my assumptions are incorrect! :)

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                  Anyone have a good strut recommendation. Getting ready to buy a new one of these and want to avoid the butter struts.
                                  I tried a number of strut combinations on mine and the one I found to work the best was the retract units from the current FMS p40B, and (from memory) these sprung oleos from hobbyking-https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...class-2pc.html

id have to measure the oleos to double check but that’s what I used. I also made up on my 3d printed some 4° shims to mount under the retract flanges (thick end aft) to kick the wheels fwd of the CG a bit and this seems to have fixed the LG issue as I too had LG issues-tried the Corsair struts only to again be disappointed with bending gear and nose overs. This mod seems to have really sorted it out once and for all. I also added the billet alloy retract sideplates from smallpartscnc.com so my retracts are bombproof now. I don’t run the leg covers anymore but I would rather have working gear than minor detail like leg covers. I’m sure it was those legs and not the 130mm ones, if you want me to check please message me ok.

Power system wise I ditched everything stock and went with a turnigy SK3 motor : https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ner-motor.html and used a Dynam Geebee prop adapter and ran an MAS 13x8 prop with an 80a esc. She pulls 800w static and 59amps (motor spec is max 880w and 60a so well within and a direct bolt on fit with no mods required). Trust me this plane really comes alive with that mod! I was told to just use the 650kv motor out of the Waco on RCG so I initially tried that and the motor got so hot after 3 mins in damaged my motor mount (was 300w over motor max spec). Anyway that’s my hellcat mods, hope y’all find em helpful. If ya have a 3D printer and want the STL of the shims I printed, again, hit me up!

Comment

She’s only a V1 but a rather modified V1 now. I gave her a lick of paint and a coat of WBPU and she looks awesome in the air. Definitely my favourite bird.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I am expecting delivery of my new Dynam f6f tomorrow. This will be my last airplane for a while. I have no more room. Winter months around here are used mainly for building. Due to the long winter here, I have acquired about 8 airplanes that have not been flown as yet. I am looking forward to the new F6F. I will have to store it separately with wings removed, hanging on the wall. I have a Lemon with stabilization RX ready to install. I plan on giving it a coat of water base sealer and installing flaps before I fly it. I will have a lot of flying to do this summer. I am just waiting for my flying field to dry out so I can get in and out without getting stuck. Peace Edit: 4/19/18 I received my f6f today. I immediately unboxed it and inspected the parts. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the navigation light controller was indeed, included. I thought it was an optional part to be purchased separately. I was also very happy to see that it came with already assembled servo and flaps. I was expecting to have to supply servos and install them myself. This is my third Dynam airplane and they seem to get better and better with each airplane. The paint is vastly improved and the fit and finish also seem to be improved. The directions still leave something to be desired but if you are not new to model assembly, they pose no problem. Peace

Comment

Just watch the hinge line if doing the flaps. The upper and lower lines don't match.
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I had a coupler from a fms hellcat that I used and it made adding flaps super easy

Comment

Working...
                                          X