X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Dynam 1270mm F6F Hellcat Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce the release of the Dynam 1270mm F6F Hellcat. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this iconic aircraft.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Love my cat. She is retired now though because the retracts legs are like butter. She cant even stand on her own weight. I decided the money needed to spend is not worth the cost of flying her anymore. It has the pitts motor in it and a 75 skywealker esc. MAS prop and she just rips through the sky. Its the plane I tought myself to fly warbirds with. What a amazinf flyer though. I love hellcats. My uncle was on teh Uss Saratoga with 75 cats. He was also a witness to the nuclear tests that sunk her. What a great plane with a amazing kill ratio.

AMA 1102566

Comment

Redo it. Make her better. That's what I did. New NTM 4238 motor V3 FMS Corsair retracts and New LEDs
      Attached Files
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Just got mine, looking forward to flying it soon

Comment

Any idea when new stock arrives?
          AMA 1102566

Comment

Hi we are expecting a container 2-3 weeks out so we will have more. This is a nice plane for sure would love to see them have a wildcat as well. The blitz has the cool retracts but that's also its weak point. Happy flying guys !!!

Comment

yeah mine is just finally not worth repairing. It was my trainer when I learned to fly 4 years ago. Amazing flying plane that does whatever you ask it to.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

Quick question. Does anyone notice that the nose dips when you turn? Wondering if it is my dumb thumbs. It could be the wind. Didn't notice it before until this weekend. It wasn't that windy, but the plane does hate wind.

Comment

I never noticed with mine, that said these things fly so light, you fart it could blow it over.

Comment

Mine is no longer light. Only 4 flights since I redid it. Mine is almost 5.5 lbs now. I'll fly it next weekend and see if it repeats the characteristic.

Comment

5.5lbs! Wow!

Comment

With one of these I might try this lol https://youtu.be/01E_6oxvlQA

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          With one of these I might try this lol https://youtu.be/01E_6oxvlQA
                          Not sure if rose guys are really good or really nuts. Lol

Comment

Hahaha truth! Balls of steel for sure

Comment

Anyone have a good strut recommendation. Getting ready to buy a new one of these and want to avoid the butter struts.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

Looks as though there is now a v2 can we get new info on this from motion? were the struts improved or just the retracts not working in teh cold?
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

I ordered the FMS V3 Corsair retracts. They bolt right in, but the strut needs to be modified. I used the FMS P-40 struts.

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                    Anyone have a good strut recommendation. Getting ready to buy a new one of these and want to avoid the butter struts.
                                    I used these on mine with some trimming of the wheel well...however I believe it would be better to just get a V2.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I've never had a issue with the retract itself its just the struts are so soft.
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

So far, I've been lucky with my landings on this plane and have not bent a strut. Lord I know I just jinks myself lol next one I'll probably snap on completely off lol! But if I do it's good to know where the go to replacements are. :)

Comment

Working...
                                        X