Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a few changes to the servos and the installation of a gyro, it now flies perfect.
    Attached Files

Comment

• After mine became a hanger queen for about 3 years I took her down off the ceiling and flew her again and realized that she is still the underpowered bird I remember. So I finally upgraded the motors to 3536 850kv and she is a new girl. Plenty of pep and flies around at just under 1/2 throttle. I now have taken her all apart for more detail upgrades. Bombardier compartment upgrade and upper turret in Leroy's 3d print.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
        After mine became a hanger queen for about 3 years I took her down off the ceiling and flew her again and realized that she is still the underpowered bird I remember. So I finally upgraded the motors to 3536 850kv and she is a new girl. Plenty of pep and flies around at just under 1/2 throttle. I now have taken her all apart for more detail upgrades. Bombardier compartment upgrade and upper turret in Leroy's 3d print.
        I haven't done so, but she does need a power upgrade, I modified the leading edge of her wings and added wing fences on the outer one 3rd, so that she wouldn't be a tip stalling viper anymore. Having said that, what's preventing me from adding more powerful motors has been not wanting to move the CG any further forward. I removed the tail weights and dug the battery compartment out to compensate. How much additional weight did your power upgrade add?

Comment

• Almost nothing. I moved most of the servos one bay back and made a bomb bay. I fly with a 3300 4s battery and get 5.5 minutes. The new motors weigh double the old Dynam, but it didn't seem to effect the CG. I removed the tail weights long before I even flew it.

Comment

Almost nothing. I moved most of the servos one bay back and made a bomb bay. I fly with a 3300 4s battery and get 5.5 minutes. The new motors weigh double the old Dynam, but it didn't seem to effect the CG. I removed the tail weights long before I even flew it.
            Awesome thanks I fly her on a 4000mah 4s, but I always move the CG aft of the Manufacturers recommendations. The tail of my 4000mah now sits in the bomb bay floor.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	tail shim.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	323673 I use to get 8.5 minutes with the stock motors. I think if you lighten up the plane by moving the servos aft and dumping the extra weight you could fly the stock plane on 2200 4S. I was tempted to go that route before modding the motors. Now she flies with much more authority and so far(only 4 flights with the new motors) she hasn't shown any over roll tendencies, but if you yank the elevator and haven't dialed down the throws she will still snap. I raised the tail about 5mm and changed the incidence at the rear of the horizontal by 7mm. Not just shimming the back of the horizontal only but lifting the whole thing up. The real B-26 the tail sits on top of the fuselage almost flush. This model they sunk it down. I thought maybe the elevator is in some bad position to cause it to snap. I have learned not to jam the elevator around and be careful. Neutral centered elevator now.

Comment

I use to get 8.5 minutes with the stock motors. I think if you lighten up the plane by moving the servos aft and dumping the extra weight you could fly the stock plane on 2200 4S. I was tempted to go that route before modding the motors. Now she flies with much more authority and so far(only 4 flights with the new motors) she hasn't shown any over roll tendencies, but if you yank the elevator and haven't dialed down the throws she will still snap. I raised the tail about 5mm and changed the incidence at the rear of the horizontal by 7mm. Not just shimming the back of the horizontal only but lifting the whole thing up. The real B-26 the tail sits on top of the fuselage almost flush. This model they sunk it down. I thought maybe the elevator is in some bad position to cause it to snap. I have learned not to jam the elevator around and be careful. Neutral centered elevator now.
                Which servos are you referring to? I don't have any servos forward of the wings.

Comment

• The servos in the bomb bay. I moved them back to the next bay. Here is my turret I made from the 3 d Stl on grabcad. I made the blast shields. Click image for larger version

Name:	B-26 turret 2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	323671
                  Attached Files

Comment

The servos in the bomb bay. I moved them back to the next bay. Here is my turret I made from the 3 d Stl on grabcad. I made the blast shields. Click image for larger version

Name:	B-26 turret 2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	323671
                    Ah tracking...a little minor surgery.

Comment

• More like MAJOR LOL. Actually, I think it is all going to be worth it if you love B-26s. If I had to build the Windrider models version it would come out way heavier and probably fly worse. I want to find a way to get rid of the heavy dynam prop hubs too. I would rather add details with that weight.

Comment

• Picked up the book by William Wolfe B-26 Marauder the ultimate look. This is a massive 3 inch plus thick book about the Marauder. Pictures I couldn't find on the internet and descriptions and history that can only be appreciated by B-26 fans. It weighs 8lbs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• This has been dead for months, I just picked up one up on a trade and had to dig back in memory and here for the fixes you had to do, I seems to remember my old bird flew very well with minium work, it was until I changed the tires that the problems with touching the props and ground became an issue.
                          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• My friend bought one and had me do the maiden, the plane would porpuse up and down the whole flight , I was lucky to get it down in one piece. Found the elevator servo was junk as it would never go back to center. Put a new better servo and now flies great. I ended up with the plane. Great flyer , seems like it could use more weight to it. I fly mine with a 4s 6000mah because thats what I use in my Flightline P-38. Takeoffs off nice , lands smooth as butter . I think it has more then enough power. I fly mostly at 3/4 power . Im going to change the wheels to something more scale looking , Paint the sturts silver and give a good weather job . Also need to find better looking pilots

Comment

Working...
                            X