Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
    I've gotta believe Pappy would be proud... what a beauty.
    Thank you sir!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
      I will definitly drink to that................again and again LOL
      Tell ya what...We both have a shot before our respective maidens and after they both land successfully we can finish off the bottle!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The closest I'll be is in Oregon next month. Would be awesome to see her in person. Looks great in the pics! Congrats brother!

Comment

• Thanks Brother!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Too bad you weren’t going to Joint Base Lewis McChord

Comment

• Oh yeah I need to get up that way again for sure.

Comment

• And then there was silence! Todd! Has it happened? I'm running out of popcorn here
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10325.gif
Views:	372
Size:	471.1 KB
ID:	319772
                Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  Thanks Brother!
                  Congrats, Aros, on a great job in completing this airplane!! Way to stick with the project, now it is waiting for the moment of truth, the maiden flight! I'm sure it will do very well. You're right, it IS a pretty large airplane. But it is well made, and the ones I've seen fly at contests do very well. Looking forward to some great shots of it in the air! Wish I could be there to take some of those pics.

We're all behind you, brother!!

davegee

Comment

• Thanks fellas! My buddy Perry is helping me with the final hurdle...Cleaning up the wiring, better labeling, etc. One of my RX batteries died which halted our progress so the replacement is on its way. Hopefully I can wrap this up in the next weekend or two and get her airborne!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Waiting with bated breath!! I bet you are too, let her fly!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Wilber and Orville didn't take this long..
                        On a bird like this, you don't want to push until everything is right.
                        Good luck on the maiden!

Comment

• At this rate I just may have to pass it down to my son to maiden it for me since I will be long gone!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

At this rate I just may have to pass it down to my son to maiden it for me since I will be long gone!
                            Aros, Welcome to my world. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well I can say that I feel your pain my Brother. At some point that maiden will happen. These are the kind of extremes we are driven to when no one wants to make the size foam kits we are craving. Are the airplane gods ever going to smile on us in the right scale?

Comment

• I sure hope so my friend! I'd rather crash a 2M EPO Corsair than a $4K composite one!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Well I am sad to report that after all these years, time and money investment, I have to let her go.

A friend of mine wished to help me get her airborne as he owns and builds an extensive collection of giant scale warbirds. If anyone could get her in flight condition it was this guy. Well, I recently received some bad news. He said that the build itself was an utter "poop show" (the PG version) and he took one look at the inside of the wing and said he had never seen anything quite like it. There were formers and/or structures added to it (for stabilization? Was this done at the factory or by one of the fellas who had it? I have no idea) which he said added a tremendous amount of weight. The wing he said should weigh around 5 pounds to be flyable. My wing, after weighing it, was 16.5 pounds!! He said do NOT fly it, it will crash. That's even if you get it off the ground.

Heavy, heavy sigh here.

He said my best bet was to have a KIT builder build me a replacement wing. But I am done. I refuse to spend another dime on what has become a money pit. I've decided to sell her AS IS and just recoup whatever I can. A sad ending to a sad, drawn out affair years in the making. Oh well, if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be. Not for lack of desire or trying.

I want to thank you Brad for selling her to me initially at a discount for what you had invested up to that point as I know you had nothing but good intentions and like myself, you could not have foreseen the nightmare this became. I also want to thank Ed for all the time and work he spent on the build.

If you or someone you know may be interested, please let me know. With a new wing she is ready to go. I can provide an itemized list and asking price.

Apparently the Universe is telling me to stick to foamies!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Sorry to hear it Todd, take lots of pictures of it because it was an amazing looking plane. Possibly get the Flightline or FMS Corsair and put all you great ideas for looks and paint into that. There'll be a lot more satisfaction than the frustration you've experienced here.

Merry Christmas by the way!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Aros So sorry to hear.

You know, you could keep all of the internals and cool scale stuff you did for it, and move it over to a factory fresh Black Horse Corsair. About the same scale/size. Sell the old bare airframe. Just a thought.

Maybe the guy that says he lives at the North Pole ( Alpha ) could hook you up.

Comment

• Man, so sorry to hear the news!! I assure you that I bought this plane NIB and that I did no changes to the wing structure . Never occurred to me to weigh the wing separately and I referred to several people doing the same build while I was doing mine. Several of these guys went on to fly theirs successfully although they were all gas powered at the time. Somehow cutting your losses would be less emotionally damaging than risking an inflight failure. I really wanted to see the Queen in the air my friend.. Gotta turn this stumbling block into a stepping stone. I would just add that a great friendship has been built during the building of this plane. That might be the best part of this hobby.

Comment

• Thanks fellas. Appreciate the kind words...Agreed Brad, it's indeed the friendships discovered and built that is the greatest joy of the hobby. Cheers and happy holidays all!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X