X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-flite Carbon-Z T-28 BNF Basic 1981mm (78") Wingspan

I've been wanting one of these for a while and finally popped on one and all I can say is WOW! I love this plane, I've put 10 flights on it today including the maiden and every flight has been great, smooth straight takeoffs and fluffy, martini on the dash landings. With full flaps you can park it in the sky and come back and get it later, half flaps are perfect for landing.

Did I mention I love this plane :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170708_220621868_iOS.jpg
Views:	2423
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	85213

Name:	20170708_214804688_iOS.jpg
Views:	2352
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	85212
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Yes Sir..:Cool: The E-flite T-28 is a great flyer fosho.I sold my Carbon Z T-28 to a guy at my field about 6 months ago..had to Order a New one last week,,missed it greatly..I have some Satin Varathane coming for it now..

Comment

I'm getting 10 minutes on one of the new Admiral 6S 5000mAh batteries.
      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The MAS 3 bladed prop makes it even more of a treat to fly. Just mind the amp draw!

Comment

16x6 Skyraider prop :)

Name:	IMG_8391.JPG
Views:	3193
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	85598
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            I see HSD staying in business just because of yours and my support of prop buys;)LOL
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Have just completed assemble of this plane. any tips on control surface settings for the maiden and how does the gear stand up to grass airfields?

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Bob!

The gears are very solid and she lands so gentle I doubt they will ever be an issue.

I set my high rates at 100% on everything and low rates are as follows...

Aileron 70% 30% expo
                  Elevator 60% 40% expo
                  Rudder 100% 30% expo
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I agree about the gentle landings, however one problem with flying off a grass field has surfaced. The one weakness in the main gear when the grass field is less than perfectly manicured, is that the gear retract structure flexes enough during taxi to put enough pressure on the thin foam between the wheel well and the top surface of the wing to break through the top of the wing. This has happened to me and at least two others mentioned on Hobbysquawk, This is still a really great performing airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by VOODOO View Post
                      I agree about the gentle landings, however one problem with flying off a grass field has surfaced. The one weakness in the main gear when the grass field is less than perfectly manicured, is that the gear retract structure flexes enough during taxi to put enough pressure on the thin foam between the wheel well and the top surface of the wing to break through the top of the wing. This has happened to me and at least two others mentioned on Hobbysquawk, This is still a really great performing airplane.
                      Mine has a plastic square on top of the wing in that area which I assume is part of the retract pocket.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Mine has a plastic square on top of the wing in that area which I assume is part of the retract pocket.
                        The plastic plate is the front support for the retract pocket. A hard enough impact will create a hole just behind that toward the fuselage. Fixed mine with plywood & machine bolts all the way through the left wing. Still a favorite to fly. P.S. Watch your battery connector after every flight. Had 1 come unsoldered on me, fortunately I wasn't in the air, discovered it on the ground.

Comment

Love that prop

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

The plastic plate is the front support for the retract pocket. A hard enough impact will create a hole just behind that toward the fuselage. Fixed mine with plywood & machine bolts all the way through the left wing. Still a favorite to fly. P.S. Watch your battery connector after every flight. Had 1 come unsoldered on me, fortunately I wasn't in the air, discovered it on the ground.
                              I repaired mine by installing a 1/32" plywood shim between the mounting flanges of the gear and the plastic mounting plate to put more distance for the motor portion of the retract to flex without touching the foam surface, then surface mounted white plastic plates on the top surface to provide more area to prevent the foam from breaking through.

Comment

Thanks for the high and low rate settings TiredlronGRB. VOODOO, do you have any photos of the landing gear mods you completed that you could share?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any photos of your modification that you can share? Pictures work better for me than words!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Symes View Post

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any photos of your modification that you can share? Pictures work better for me than words!!!
                                    Here's the top. Sorry, only 1 pic. Bottom looks the same, just has the nuts with the bolts cut off flush with my dremel. You can see where I patched the hole on the foam with Foam-tac.

Comment

Here's the top. Sorry, only 1 pic. Bottom looks the same, just has the nuts with the bolts cut off flush with my dremel. You can see where I patched the hole on the foam with Foam-tac.
                                      Thanks CZ Flyer. I will have a more detailed look at my T28's gear for modification,

Comment

Looking forward to your maiden Bob:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                        X