• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
    Looking forward to your maiden Bob:Cool:
    Not far away Wes

Comment

I used struts for a FMS 1500mm P-47 and used the stock T-28 wheels but had to take the tires off and sand the sides of the wheels down so they would fit on the axle, I used a sheet of 280 wet/dry laying on a smooth flat surface and just sanded down the hub till it was flush with the wheel.

I didn't use the lower gear door cover (they grab grass anyway) but I used the top one and just made new wires to connect it to the strut. The pins that go in the retract need the flats re-cut to center the strut/wheel assembly. I have a Freewing 80mm A-10 nose gear I plan to use as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170712_234346060_iOS.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	87439

Name:	20170712_234411511_iOS.jpg
Views:	1300
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	87440
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Looks AWESOME! Great job.

Comment

Hi TiredlronGRB,
          did you use the full P47 main gear system(including Servo) or just the struts?

Comment

They look fantastic, would work well on the grass field I fly off as it is a bit rough.
            might fit a set and then time to maiden. I have been spending time flying my Freewing Mossie, magic to fly just been having issues with forced landings due to power loss to find the cells are reading 3.85v after approx 4.5 mins on half to 2/3 throttle. Another go this weekend with timer set to ins and fingers crossed

Comment

Timer set to 4 mins down from 5mins

Comment

Typically I upgrade to shock struts of some type that will retro fit but I did not do that with my T-28. I did add Robart tires, a bigger esc, ubec, and settled in on a Master Airscrew wood 16x8 prop. I fly on an 8000mAh 6s for 8-10 minute flights. Been flying this bird for months now. At around 130 flights the right aileron servo failed in flight. Landed ok and changed those out. I really love low level playtime with this bird. It’s awesome! I have so many airplanes to fly, hence this bird has around 170 flights on it now. I never take it apart to haul, fits in the back of my Chevy truck as is. I try to keep all my birds outta direct sunlight but after two summers flying this, it’s just starting to get a bit poofy. The down side of foam... They need to figure out how to line the molds with a thin plastic coating!

Painted mine in a fictitious Fennec desert scheme... Shows up well around here at low level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Symes View Post
                  Hi TiredlronGRB,
                  did you use the full P47 main gear system(including Servo) or just the struts?
                  Just the struts.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Just the struts.
                    OK, thanks TiredlronGRB. Time to dig through the spares cupboard! Have a great and safe New Year

Comment

16x6 Skyraider prop :)

Name:	IMG_8391.JPG
Views:	3196
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	85598
                      What’s the amp draw with that prop at WOT...?

Comment

Glad I found this thread. I really want to get this airplane but the price and lack of that “flightline or freewing” detail is kind of a bummer. Eflite is a little too proud of their product. You would think they would at least give you LEDs. Still in the fence.
                        Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

What’s the amp draw with that prop at WOT...?
                          Can't remember but it was too much so I went back to stock two blade.
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Can't remember but it was too much so I went back to stock two blade.
                            Crap! wish I'd read this 15 minutes ago. Just ordered the Skyraider prop for $16 after shipping. Think it'll be ok for a 5 minute flight on a 5500mah battery?

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Crap! wish I'd read this 15 minutes ago. Just ordered the Skyraider prop for $16 after shipping. Think it'll be ok for a 5 minute flight on a 5500mah battery?
                              I'm not sure, I need to get it out and check it again...it sure looks good.
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I'm not sure, I need to get it out and check it again...it sure looks good.
                                Yeah, I tried a 16x8 3 blade about a year ago. Killed a 5000mah pack in 4 minutes! My MAS 15x7 three blade gives me same performance as stock, so I may just use the 4 blade for photos.
                                Last edited by CZ Flyer; Jan 23, 2018, 05:38 AM. Reason: info

Comment

And I finally got mine!

Comment

Your gonna love it!

Its my hands down favorite low down aerobatic routine show bird. Just so fun to fly!

Enjoy :Cool:

Comment

Will do! I'm so excited to fly it this weekend!

Comment

This plane only seen the field once with about 6 flights on it total. He had changed all the clevises to metal, and reinforced the flap hinges. He also did a clear coat on all the painted and decaled surfaces. It looks like a brand new plane, wheels to tip of vertical stab. For $400 i couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Awesome deal !
                                          T-28’s have nice big tail feathers that give them great control response. One thing you’ll notice is how sensitive the elevator is. Don’t be afraid to dumb it down quite a bit as I never use more than low rates all the time on that surface. Really helps smooth landings out and keeps the jerkeyness out of aerobatic routines.

Comment

Working...
                                          X