Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not recommend Active Power Sports. I had made a purchase that was supposed to be in stock. After I ordered and paid, I was told they were out of stock. After waiting 3 months I asked for status and got no answer. After another 3 weeks of trying, I asked for a refund. Got no response. Finally had to file a claim with Paypal. Active never even responded to Paypal. Finally got my money back.

Comment

Yeah I ordered from them and they said backorder after I placed my order. And I will definitely check the screws. Crap I had already done the order Tuesday night. :Angry:

Comment

Since horizon has discontinued the cz T-28, I doubt it will ever come off back order

Shame, it is one of my favorite planes. I upgraded the esc to run a 3 bladed prop and I've been experimenting with a powersafe receiver. Superb model

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Yeah I ordered from them and they said backorder after I placed my order. And I will definitely check the screws. Crap I had already done the order Tuesday night. :Angry:
          Well that suuuuuucks! That's the exact reason I used the words "claims to have em".. Had the same type issue with aliexpress.com a couple months ago trying to find a p51 retract. Waited a month & then filed a paypal claim & got my refund. Same day Motion had em back in stock & I got it in 4 days.

Comment

Ah there ya go

Comment

Well some good news, the cowl and fuselage are on the way, i also have on bk order 2 canopies, 2 props, decal set, and hardware set. So soon as they get in to horizon, i should be flying again soon, and also when the canopies arrive i will get to work on my fpv system. :)

Comment

Almost done with the garage incinerator rebuild (see update at post #68) so it is now time to start getting busy with my modeling again.
                So I picked up one of these CZ T-28's used from a member of TJ's club a couple weeks ago in preparation of having a large bird for his clubs Festival of Giants.
                Got it for about 1/3 of it's original retail price which meant it needed some TLC to my expectations.
                Gave it a SEA Camo facelift and did my power plant upgrade magic on it.
                It now has an 85A Opto ESC with a 10A ZTW UBEC set for 5.5V with a Scorpion Backup Guard.
                The motor is an FMS 5060-360kV motor (from my Seagull A-1 Skyraider lost in the NEFI Triangle 3 years ago) turning the Flight Line 1600 Corsair 18 inch prop.
                OHHHHH mama............. 78Ap and 1597Wp at full tilt boogie throttle. Can't wait till next week to put it thru it's paces at the Festival.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1220.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.7 KB ID:	208625Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1221.JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	208626
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  So I picked up one of these CZ T-28's used from a member of TJ's club a couple weeks ago in preparation of having a large bird for his clubs Festival of Giants.
                  Gave it a SEA Camo facelift and did my power plant upgrade magic on it. Can't wait till next week to put it thru it's paces at the Festival.
                  Looks Great! Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Looking good Warbird!

Comment

Thanx guys
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Just a follow up to my power mod of this bird noted in post #89.
                        It got it's maiden last Thurs at the Festival of Giants event hosted by TwoWingTJ's club.
                        It is my second time for this event and it is a 3 day event that is spectacular. A great event that could show off some of the Black Horse line of birds.
                        We did a swarm of 5 CZ T-28's (my SAE Camo, an AF Academy and 3 stk VT-CZ) several times over the 3 day event which the spectators enjoyed.
                        The power mod really impressed the other 4 pilots that had the stock power plant.
                        I was running about 75% on the throttle to their full bore and that 3 blade had no issues with ground clearance
                        I'm back in the modeling saddle again.
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          Almost done with the garage incinerator rebuild (see update at post #68) so it is now time to start getting busy with my modeling again.
                          Got it for about 1/3 of it's original retail price which meant it needed some TLC to my expectations.
                          Gave it a SEA Camo facelift and did my power plant upgrade magic on it.
                          It now has an 85A Opto ESC with a 10A ZTW UBEC set for 5.5V with a Scorpion Backup Guard.
                          The motor is an FMS 5060-360kV motor (from my Seagull A-1 Skyraider lost in the NEFI Triangle 3 years ago) turning the Flight Line 1600 Corsair prop.
                          OHHHHH mama............. 78Ap and 1597Wp at full tilt boogie throttle. Can't wait till next week to put it thru it's paces at the Festival.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1220.JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.7 KB ID:	208625Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1221.JPG Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	208626
                          EWWWW, is that a FMS Tigercat I see on the floor??
                          A portent of things to come
                          CB is definitely back in the cockpit again, great to see buddy
                          For more great things !!

Off to Paradise Valley Montana this coming weekend to punch some holes in the sky there!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I flew with him on Sunday! good to see you out flying Charlie!

I got lots of pic's will post when I get down to them.

joe
                            Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

It was great to fly again with you too Joe.

Good eyes Dan Snagged that directly from FMS for X-mas when they had it on sale for less than the FlightLine.
                              Got the silver Patrona one so that when I do it up as a blue/gold drone controller version that I had, when the paint chips/weathers it will look really realistic with the silver showing through.
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Met a guy at Paradise Valley on the weekend that has the FMS version. Now I didn't get to see him fly, but he said it was giving him problems control-wise. He had an A3L in his for some reason, so I don't know whether he had it set up correctly or what. The FL version definitely does NOT need a gyro and I would venture to say that the FMS version doesn't as well. Chime in on you're opinion.
                                BTW, got the nacelle swapped out on mine after the replacement nacelle's firewall kept breaking loose. So, ironically, she now has her original nacelle back on as I think I managed to fix that one and the Avanti now has her original fuse and nose back on, after I smucked her up... A testament to my growing repair skills??
                                Anyway, still looking for some advice on how to remove the ring cowling on the nacelle so I can repair the spare.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

I am waiting for HH to get the T-28 back in stock. While I wait I wanted to prepare for some mods to the plane, one of them will be nose landing gear doors. Could someone please measure the gear well opening so I can see what doors could fit? I think it is ridiculous that for this price there are no gear doors on this plane. The other will be suspension struts - are there any that work well with minimal work? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    16x6 Skyraider prop :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8391.JPG
Views:	3180
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	85598
                                    Did you change the motor to lower KV or still using the same stock motor? Any issues with overheating?

Comment

hey ov10 I got a question? do they still sell that motor and did it fit the original mounting holes or did you have to modify it to fit . also did you have to do anything to make that prop fit on the motor shaft, thx

Comment

Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
                                        hey ov10 I got a question? do they still sell that motor and did it fit the original mounting holes or did you have to modify it to fit . also did you have to do anything to make that prop fit on the motor shaft, thx
                                        Axer………..yes the ol' FMS 1400 Pitts motor (Predator 5060 Kv360) is still avail directly from FMS.
                                        Its kinda/sorta inferred as an upgrade to the stock Kv300 motor listed for the 1700 Stang/Corsair.

Yes the FMS motor X brace mount has the same firewall mount hole spacing as the stock EFL motor.

The FL Corsair prop hub hex as to be hogged out (I did this route) or the FMS motor shaft hex filed down.
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

Did you change the motor to lower KV or still using the same stock motor? Any issues with overheating?
                                          No, went back to the two blade.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X