Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

No, went back to the two blade.
    What was the reason? The 4-blade did not give you more speed/thrust?

Comment

• Lol, I needed the 4 blade for another plane
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        I used struts for a FMS 1500mm P-47 and used the stock T-28 wheels but had to take the tires off and sand the sides of the wheels down so they would fit on the axle, I used a sheet of 280 wet/dry laying on a smooth flat surface and just sanded down the hub till it was flush with the wheel.

I didn't use the lower gear door cover (they grab grass anyway) but I used the top one and just made new wires to connect it to the strut. The pins that go in the retract need the flats re-cut to center the strut/wheel assembly. I have a Freewing 80mm A-10 nose gear I plan to use as well.
        Glad I went mining, you answered my question I was gonna ask over on the P-47 thread about strut length to determine if it would work on this CZ T-28.
        Now I gotta know, did you do the A-10 nose gear and if so were ya happy with the mod.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• TiredIronGRB
          TiredIronGRB commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't remember, I got rid of it a while back :(

• Nice plane. Why does the pilot look scared to death? 😉

Comment

• Re front strut I've been looking at this:

https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/...-tire-b#qa-tab

According to Q&A dimensions are:

length from top of strut to end of tire 183mm (extended)
          length from top of strut to end of tire about 160mm (compressed)
          Tire size 70mm

I've no idea if this will fit, yet, so when I get a minute spare I'm going to take my front retract out and measure its dimensions and check to see if the replacement strut will bolt onto the same fitting. More another day...

Comment

• I've measured the original gear now and this Freewing A10 replacement should fit perfectly. It will need a connecting pin and they sell these separately:

https://www.motionrc.eu/products/fre...ing-pin#qa-tab

I'm also going to fit a 14 x 9 Master Airscrew 3 Blade Propeller to make it look more scale.

I'll confirm once it's all fitted up and working...

Comment

• Mikdys I was actually looking at the same thing yesterday after I ran across the stock A-10 nose strut in my spare parts stash. The pin will need to be longer than the stock A-10 pin, in order to use the stock T-28 steering arm. Other than that, it should work.

I haven't found anything that might work to replace the mains with yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                Mikdys I was actually looking at the same thing yesterday after I ran across the stock A-10 nose strut in my spare parts stash. The pin will need to be longer than the stock A-10 pin, in order to use the stock T-28 steering arm. Other than that, it should work.

Thanks for the advice, I'll save a couple of dollars and make the pin instead. Have you any idea of the dimensions needed? I'm guessing it will need to be 5mm diameter and 60mm long maybe.

Comment

• Mikdys Looks like 5mm and 48-50mm from the bottom of the pin head or C-clip. The strut is drilled to about 12-13mm.

Comment

Mikdys I was actually looking at the same thing yesterday after I ran across the stock A-10 nose strut in my spare parts stash. The pin will need to be longer than the stock A-10 pin, in order to use the stock T-28 steering arm. Other than that, it should work.

Twowingtj
                    TJ.........TI said way back on post #22 that the FMS 1500 P-47 struts work.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Mikdys Looks like 5mm and 48-50mm from the bottom of the pin head or C-clip. The strut is drilled to about 12-13mm.
                      Thanks - not sure what you mean by "drilled to about 12-13mm" though, should the pin not be solid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikdys View Post

Thanks - not sure what you mean by "drilled to about 12-13mm" though, should the pin not be solid?
                        The pins should be solid, the A-10 strut is drilled 12-13mm deep for the pin.

OV10 Have you changed struts on yours yet? Getting ready to paint both of our T-28s and considering doing the struts at the same time.

Comment

OV10 Have you changed struts on yours yet? Getting ready to paint both of our T-28s and considering doing the struts at the same time.
                          Thanks - I understand now (the pin needs to extend 12-13mm beyond the steering arm)

Comment

I'm looking for a set of Razorback main oleo's and I still have the wrecked A-10 original nose oleo(not the upgrade trailing link one you guys are pondering on) to use.
                            That's my plan for change as soon as I get the mains and this stupid weather settles to let me get the bird out of the rollin hanger.
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• OV10 It's the stock A-10 oleo that I have as well. Reduced spring tension for the lighter model.

Comment

• Well after much work my T-28 has a new look. The grey yellow red China Lake scheme looks great in the air. My Friend J Price redid his in a Viet era camp and it looks awesome in the air. Both have a redone cockpit and sound cards. We are flying with a 3 blade 16x8 Master and it hauls butt around the field.

Comment

• MANFRED Superb refinishes by both of you! How did you tint the canopy? Masked and painted with Tamiya Clear Green? Or is that trans cellophane? The edges look too sharp to be a Rit-Dye job.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Exactly Alpha, PActra green tint, masked and sprayed, my first attempt at tinting. I redid the cockpits on both the mask the dreaded gathering. Why is it manufacturers cannot pull a plastic mold of all interiors to avoid this unsightly blew. Surely all of us would pay a bit more for this feature. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Has anyone had problem with the wing retract mount breaking. I was taxing on the runway and when I took off the right wing retract got hung up. Once on the ground I noticed the plate was broken and it allowed the retract to shift hitting the wing. I cannot find the plate I have to reorder a whole new right wing. I'm looking to expoy the mount or try to reinforce it with some wood. Any thoughts I'd appreciate.

Comment

• Originally posted by dweb4 View Post
                                        Has anyone had problem with the wing retract mount breaking. I was taxing on the runway and when I took off the right wing retract got hung up. Once on the ground I noticed the plate was broken and it allowed the retract to shift hitting the wing. I cannot find the plate I have to reorder a whole new right wing. I'm looking to expoy the mount or try to reinforce it with some wood. Any thoughts I'd appreciate.
                                        Those retracts seem to have to take a lot of abuse, especially if you operate from grass. There’s a lot of vibration as the plane rolls along the ground. My plate cracked in several places as well as the little plastic thing that attaches one end of the wire that holds the door. All repairs were improvised as parts are either non-existent or very costly. For the cracks in the plate, I squeezed glue (sometimes FoamTac, sometimes epoxy, depending on the location of the crack) in and under the crack and applied clear Gorilla tape over the crack and surrounding area for reinforcement. After several repairs, the retracts are quite sturdy now but I must admit that I grease the landings pretty much every time now, removing the cause of much of the damage that occurred when the plane was new.

Comment

Working...
                                        X