X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-17

I am looking at the B-17 and does the wing separate from the fuze for transport and storage of the plane? <smiley image="smiley_grin.gif"/>

Re: B-17

The wing does unscrew from the main body, but you will need to reconnect servos and ESC's each time you remove and re-install the wing. So it does separate, but it's a bit of work each time to get it setup. We are seeing a single connection (sort of like a computer bus) on the main wings of several newer planes, so users can remove wing bolts and just unplug one connection. The 1700mm Mustang from FMS is an example of a new plane which uses this single connection type system. We will work to get that system on all future planes, especially the larger wingspan. Hope this info helps,

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Your Retract may still work. The rod that comes out of the retract sometimes can lock up the retact and it acts if nothing happens when you hit the switch. Push it down at the end of that rod and see if it works again. I had one stop working. No crash or bad landing. Pushed that rod down at the end and wow. works fine everytime now.

Comment

I did get the new retracts from Motion and was able to use one of them since the one of them would not retract fully even when I tried to help it retract after hitting the switch. I was able to use the undamaged gear so I did end up with a good pair of operational gear.

Comment

Working...
          X