X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam DHC-2 Beaver

I'm on the fence regarding a float plane purchase....Dynam Beaver versus FZ Island Wings Beaver. *I'm leaning towards the Dynam largely due to the stock 4s system and more scale appearance but I own a few other Dynams and know they require a fair amount of work to get them the way I like them. *The FZ version is really nice, plenty of power and well suited to the water (I have flown a FZ but have not seen or flown a Dynam Beaver). *Recommendations?

If you own the Dynam, can you confirm that the flap hinges are included with the model? *A couple of forum posts on other sites have me confused. *Thanks!
    GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver

RE: Dynam DHC-2 Beaver

The Dynam Beaver comes with the flap hardware but does not come with control horns. Any control horns from any model 1200-1450mm should work. This plane is well well built. Has plenty of air cooling too. It's very impressive in person. The flaps are held in by adhesive so be careful when removing them for the install. There is no set place for the control horns to be fastened on the flap so this works in favor for servo orientation in the pocket. You can use the same direction servos, just orientate them to match each other. The build will be on our website soon.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Looking forward to another very helpful video. Thanks Capt. Mike!
      GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver

Comment

Personally I love my FZ Beaver. *I purchased the original version (flaps pre-hinged) and painted the floats silver and it looks incredible in the air over my pond. *The LED package is great, flies like a cupcake...I really don't have any negatives to say. *I can't speak for the Dynam but the FZ has been a great choice I have discovered. *Don't regret the purchase one bit.
        Attached Files
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

Super cool photos of "Beaver". All nice.

Comment

I can't speak for the Dynam Beaver, but my FZ Beaver is the sweetest flying plane I own. I get a perfect water landing every time. It is also very aerobatic. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
              Personally I love my FZ Beaver. *I purchased the original version (flaps pre-hinged) and painted the floats silver and it looks incredible in the air over my pond. *The LED package is great, flies like a cupcake...I really don't have any negatives to say. *I can't speak for the Dynam but the FZ has been a great choice I have discovered. *Don't regret the purchase one bit.
              I know this is an older thread but just wanted to say those are wonderful pics, especially those first two.
              Lauren

Comment

Thank you! My buddy captured those first two on his cell phone. I love that little spot behind my neighborhood. My own little float plane oasis. :)
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

Thanks everyone and those are some sweet photos Aros.

Turns out I pulled the trigger on a NIB Island Wings FZ Beaver at the Perry, GA swap meet...$140 out the door!

Comment

I like the Flyzone “island wings” beaver but I have ZERO regrets for getting the Dynam one-really happy with it and how it flies. Tons of power on 4s too.

Comment

Working...
                    X