Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flew mine from water using differential thrust for the first time today. It is going to take a little getting used to.

Like Xviper, I find mine steers pretty good on grass using just the rudder, but on water it wants to weather vane so without the water rudder the differential thrust is kind of necessary.

I'm flying using Admiral 3000 4 cell for power and it flies very scale like with power to spare. I have my timer set to 6 minutes and generally come down with 35% left in the pack after mixed throttle flying.

Comment

• For those that have been waiting, the Albatross is back in stock at the US warehouse. Finally got mine ordered!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        For those that have been waiting, the Albatross is back in stock at the US warehouse. Finally got mine ordered!
        Thanks!!!!! Mine is on order finally! I appreciate the heads-up Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

• Glad to help Jerry. I've been checking the site almost daily. For a long time it said ETA early Sept. Then about two weeks ago, the ETA changed to mid Aug. Two days ago, it changed to Out of Stock with no ETA. I chatted with HK CS yesterday and they said they only got a few and had sold out again. This morning I looked at it and it showed in stock. Sometimes being OCD pays off.

Comment

I chatted with HK CS yesterday and they said they only got a few and had sold out again. This morning I looked at it and it showed in stock.
            It has always baffled me how HobbyKing manages to "find" a few examples of a models to put "back in stock". I have a hard time believing that the factory only makes so few and releases them, rather than doing a proper "run" before letting them go to market. It makes me wonder where HK finds these things. Were they hidden under a tarp in the back room of the warehouse? Were they rejects from a previous run that has only just been "fixed" and tested? Were they returns from customers who, for whatever reason, decided they didn't want them and HK got them back, checked them out, fixed what was wrong and put them back in stock? This aspect of HobbyKing remains a mystery. I have seen a product be "Out of Stock" for weeks and then suddenly get back in stock, only to be out of stock within 1 hr.

Comment

• I had the same suspicions as XV commented about and had reservations about ordering so now I'll just wait and see what the fallout is. I
              TJ..........Be real curious whether you receive someone else's remediated reject Lets hope not
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                I had the same suspicions as XV commented about and had reservations about ordering so now I'll just wait and see what the fallout is. I
                TJ..........Be real curious whether you receive someone else's remediated reject Lets hope not
                Got it yesterday. It's NIB and not a reworked or returned. Very nice bird. The finish is top notch.

Comment

Got it yesterday. It's NIB and not a reworked or returned. Very nice bird. The finish is top notch.
                  Look forward to seeing it at the AGS float fly at the end of Sept.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Look forward to seeing it at the AGS float fly at the end of Sept.
                    It will be there. Trish should have her Dynam PBY ready then too.

Comment

It will be there. Trish should have her Dynam PBY ready then too.
                      Good for you both!!! Those two that I own will still be in the box at the end of Sept!!!! LOL FYI Charlie, the Albatros I received from HK wasn't a retread, either!! Good stuff!!! Blessings to you all!!! Jerry

Comment

• How are you guys setting up the differential thrust, and reverse in the your transmitters?

Comment

Working...
                        X