X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbyking Artic Cat.

Going to add lots of polycyclic to this seaplane. It's all foam board and cookie cut.
    Attached Files

I don’t understand what “polycyclic” is as it pertains to this model. Please explain.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he meant "polycrylic" there... at least I think so.
      DJI Mavic: Lil' Dragon Dynam Corsair: Whistler's Brother
      EFlite PT-17: Woodstock P-51: JuneBug

Comment

That makes more sense. I looked up "polycyclic" and I couldn't see how it relates to a model plane.

Comment

Sorry for typo. It's for water proofing the joints. But what a struggle getting things lined up and glued together. Try again another day. The B24 bomber came in the mail today. Should keep me busy for awhile.

Comment

7 of us had this plane at our old field. We never flew them off water. Those of us who built it according to the instructions, used a single servo for the ailerons and the hole in the fuse where the wire came out will be difficult to seal thoroughly. Aside from that, the exposed servos will have to be sprayed with that waterproofing product. As for the rest of the plane, it's an odd kind of "foamboard", which doesn't really have a paper backing that peels. We flew ours in winter and sometimes, the plane came back very wet from all the slush it skidded through. The foam didn't suffer in any way.

Comment

Thankyou for the tips xviper. I did primarily buy this foam board kit for the snow. Was thinking of 3d printing some snow skis for some of my other planes. My brother lives in St. Albert AB. He said Calgary was expected to get snow this week. Summers just don't seem long enough anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                Thankyou for the tips xviper. I did primarily buy this foam board kit for the snow. Was thinking of 3d printing some snow skis for some of my other planes. My brother lives in St. Albert AB. He said Calgary was expected to get snow this week. Summers just don't seem long enough anymore.
                Weather guy says we will likely get snow Thursday or Friday or both but it's supposed to melt soon after it lands. The older I get, the shorter the summers get and the longer the winters gets. Wife loves winter. She's one of those nut cases who loves being outdoors in winter. I would rather be a snowbird but just as well, this hobby takes up most of my money so can't afford it to go south for months.
                Very soon, my "skidders" come out and I fly whenever it's not too cold or windy through the winter.

Comment

Working...
                X