X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texan finally up

I got the Freewing Texan up last weekend . I had to do a edit on it because the buddy of mine who filmed it with my phone was a little "verbal" with some words so to say .

http://vimeo.com/111368858***
    But Crashing is Landing

RE: Texan finally up

Greetings H64,

SWEET!! Buddy, you've got that texan dialed in!! Decent flight time as well.

Must be nice to still be able to wear shorts!!! (I say that as jealously*I turn to gaze out my*office window at the latest snow)

Thanks for sharing another fun video.

FYI, I*received your e-mail and I will be getting to that here shortly.

Keep up the awesome vid's.

Clear Skies (which you seem to have plenty of...... again jealous)

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

YAY Brian!! I was cheering for you through the whole vid, an awesome moment to finally get her up in the wild blue!!!
      Wish I could be flying at this time of the year, maybe I'll see what the weekend brings.* The weather hasn't been too bad, but the wind around here is something to deal with.
      Congrats my friend!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments especially after my F9F attempt . I was very nervous on the first flight*with this beast but feel good with it now . So much so I bought extra batteries !!!! I have decided my next one will be the Freewing Focke Wulf 1120 mm size . Partly because I have batteries to fit it . Maybe that shouldn't be a consideration but when it comes down to cost*of batteries they add up quick .**

Bryan*
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hi H64

Awesome video and flight!! That was more enjoyable watching than the f9f vid. Hope you get that one figured out. I have a few more propeller planes to go through before I dive into the edf planes. Hopefully when that time comes, you will have them mastered and I will know right where to go for advice!

I too am jealous of the shorts. Nothin but cold and wind here. Its been windy for days. Starting to hate the weatherman. I know he cant control the weather but he sure as heck doesn't have to smile when he gives a bad forecast lol

Jeff

Comment

Lol sorry for the shorts. It was 60 here Sunday . But I most confess I also wear shorts year round . It's about to get cold here again we've just had a small warm streak .
            I love the Texan . My first flight with it I thought I would pee my pants I was so nervous . I found myself talking to remind me to relax . What a Goober !! I started with a high wing Pandora and went from there . I still fly it in low wing and really enjoy it . Also the Dynamic Grand Cruiser , great scale flier . Lots and lots of simulator time also and it really helped . Helped eliminate the second guessing my actions and gave me reactions .*
            Time and practice is the secret*

Bryan*
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Good Deal, looks like it flies real well. I saw your other posts about the F9F and was surprised you had that kind of problem. I had been looking at that for awhile and every review I read made me think it would be a good next step. Now I'm glad I didn't get one a month or so ago when Motion had them on sale.

Hate to tell you this but I lost the Calypso you were helping me with. I got 5 good flights with it and loved it. Two weeks ago, on my 3rd flight of the day the control arm on the servo came lose and I got to watch it plow in after I lost elevator control. Everything forward of the wing root is in little pieces in my car trunk. The good news is everything else seems to be ok. It'll fly again though, just need a new fuselage. In the meantime I've got mini-popwing I'm going to play with.

C'est le Vie

Comment

Sorry to hear that ! Hope your back in the air real soon .*
                Santa is coming early , hoping Monday or Tuesday . I have the Freewing Focke Wulf in route , MRC notice that it shipped today . That's seven waiting for my wife to say that's enough !!*
                Good luck and get that bird back in the air soon . What I've found is that every crash is a learning lesson , no matter what the reason for it was .*

Bryan*
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                X