J-E-T-S JETS!  JETS!  JETS!  Find Yours Today at Motion RC.

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time For Some Holiday Flying!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For Some Holiday Flying!!

Greetings Gang,

Today was the last day of school!!!!!!

Off until monday and I've already gotten some of my babies primed and ready for the runway!!

All I need now is an assist from Mother Nature and it's Game On!!!

Clear Skies and Holiday Happy Landings To All this Thanksgiving Season!!!!

I am truly thankful for all of my forum friends and of course for MRC!!!

Bill L.
    in Okla.
    Attached Files

RE: Time For Some Holiday Flying!!

Have fun Bill, hope Mother Nature cooperates, she's not doing a great job here, the wind finally stopped blowing today, it was strong enough to pick you up this morning, it stopped and decided to start snowing!* Dang, whats a guy got to do??
    Anyway, I'm just waiting, for five uninterupted minutes to fly during the four days I have off, probably be great weather at 2 am!!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

:D You know Bill I use to like til I saw your hanger !!! What's your address and when will you be gone ????????*
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Greetings G64,

Sorry Buddy, that's classified info. Definately Need-To-Know!!!!!

Hope you have a great time at your daughter's. Again, safe travel.

Bill L.
        in OKla.

Comment

Hey Bill,
          Have fun if you can. It's snowing here in SW PA with about an inch already. Think I may take out the HK Skipper tomorrow & maiden it off the snow.

Denny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5GUWv6hqrw
          *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Greetings Yorkiepa,

Man that it some gorgeous snow!!

The awesome Skimmer is perfect for that set up.

If we ever get some snow here I've got the Sky Mule skied up and ready to go!!

Bill L.
            in Okla.
            Attached Files

Comment

Greetings and Happy Thanks Giving from the Pacific NW**Oh I see a Waco in Rocketeers hanger, Oh yea looks good.
              Just lots a rain here, next day off for me is this coming Monday and Tuesday. Hoping for clear skies so I can take up my new Dynam SU-26, Just installed a Hobby Eagle AL-3 Gyro into the plane. Hoping this smooths out the wind bucking and weather vane action it has at times, and its very twitchy to. If it works well going to up grade into a A3 gyro and put the AL3 in my Waco. Happy flying every one.
              Pacific NW Flyer *

Comment

The weather was perfect here today...........except for the 60 mph winds!!!
                almost into the 60's temp-wise, darned wind!!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings G56,

I feel your anguish!!!

We are in the same boat with awesome temps but stupid winds!!!
                  Most frustrating.

Hang in there.

Bill L.
                  in Okla.

Comment

Now, if I was a spending man, I'd start spending some money on gliders.* I'll tell you one thing, I ordered a couple of Eagle A3L's and if it can tame some of the Wyoming winds, its a heck of a deal.* I'll let you know, one is going into one of the Pandoras and we'll see.* I originally wanted to put one in the Waco, but, short of having to pull the bottom wing off, I don't see how thats possible.* And pulling that wing off with all the rigging, well, its just not going to happen in my world.

And just so you know Bill, the sun went down and the winds disappeared, who's side is God on anyway?

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings, I would have to agree on the Waco comment by Grossman. After checking where I would put a gyro in that bird, Forget it. I need easy access to the gain controls to dial it in. My only option is to install it in the very tip of the nose and make a hatch for it. What makes this only option possible is I use Admiral 3000mah batts that require the batts to be slid way aft in the batt compartment. An AL-3 will fit in the nose in this configuration and wont effect Cg to much. Or I think if I went with light weight 2200 mah slid all the way forward giving room towards aft in the compartment. But who likes short flight times. Food for thought if your into being creative. For myself? Not today.*
                      Pacific NW Flyer *

Comment

yes, she's a tough one and its too bad as she's the one bird I'd really like to have tried one in.* Maybe the only option is to use a Spectrum AR635, that one you control with inputs from your transmitter sticks.* Although a little more complicated, it would seem to be the only way practical.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Grossman56, I did look at those, yer right, complicated. But it just dawned on me as I right. My current receiver in my waco is installed in the lower part of the fuse. Accessible tho thru the top hatch. Its been a while since I've had the bottom wing off, but correct me if I'm wrong, theres plenty of room there. to avoid the hassle of removing the lower wing every time a guy needed to access the gyro. Why couldnt I incorp a access hatch in the lower fuse, just forward or aft of the lower wing. I have some old plastic batt cover hatches left over from other plains. Oh I need to check this out. Let u know. :huh:
                          Pacific NW Flyer *

Comment

Hey Flyboy, now thats a thought, let us all know if you do the mod, in the mean time, I think I might end up putting the Ar 635 in the Waco and using the A3L/AR610 combo in the mustang.* I want to try it in my low wing Pandora as well, although she's a great flyer as she is, its just the winds around here can come up suddenly and powerfully.* Both Mustangs (BBD and Shangrila) are going to have A3L's as well.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
                              Hey Flyboy, now thats a thought, let us all know if you do the mod, in the mean time, I think I might end up putting the Ar 635 in the Waco and using the A3L/AR610 combo in the mustang.* I want to try it in my low wing Pandora as well, although she's a great flyer as she is, its just the winds around here can come up suddenly and powerfully.* Both Mustangs (BBD and Shangrila) are going to have A3L's as well.

Grossman56
                              Ok so I found an old batt tray and cover from an old 182 sky trainer I use to have. After checking the Waco. Must give it more thought. *My concern is that I will compromise the structural integrity of the landing gear mount area if I mount it forward of the wing cutting the foam away. The instructions say to mount the gyro as close as possible to the CG. So forward of the wing would have been perfect. So I'm looking behind the wing in the tail area, this will work to. So I'm going to find out if the gyro needs to be mounted in CG area for weight reasons? or proper operation of the gyro. Logic dictates the gyro would be pitch sensitive if mounted towards the tail. Will keep u informed.* :huh:
                              Pacific NW Flyer *

Comment

I wonder if the answer might lie in making the upper hatch bigger to include both pilots.* Just a thought, but it would give better access to the floor of the fuselage. I'll have to take a look at mine and see. Hopefully the new Waco coming out willl have better access, of course , being a bigger bird with 10" more wingspan, she undoubtedly will

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings Guys,

Believe it or not, the battery access area of the bigger Dynam Waco at 50" is more cumbersome to work with the the smaller, 40"*Roc Hobby Waco.
                                  The upper wing sit very low to the fuselage and getting under it comfortably can be tricky.

Bill L.
                                  in Okla.

Comment

Does it have a separate hatch for receivers Bill?* Is there a place that would be good for a Gyro?

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Bill!* Have you got a minute?
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings G56,

I'm not sure how much access space is required for the gyro but, at first thought I would think not, post assembly.
                                        Like the servo settings, it might need to be addressed prior to attaching the lower wing.

I will try to take a few photos of the battery area*tomorrow at school/hangar to give you an idea if it will help you.

Overall, it's pretty tight for such a big plane.

Bill L.
                                        in Okla.

Comment

Working...
                                        X