Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Cool!!!

Grossman56
    I've been to Jackson .. That was Awesome !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
      It's snowing in Tucson right now.

One of them Snowbirds BROUGHT IT WITH THEM, dadburnit!
      Excuse me!! I Resemble that remark...
      Lon

Hanger 9 Spitfire
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, P-51D Iron Ass
      Fliteline P-38L ,Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings,Freewing Pandora

Comment

• One more flight from Arizona with the A-10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A10 23feb.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	183808

Lon

Hanger 9 Spitfire
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, P-51D Iron Ass
        Fliteline P-38L ,Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings,Freewing Pandora

Comment

• I fly at The Villages, Florida. The flying club flys on the polo fields. Here is a picture of a buddies and my L39's. Early morning, that's dew on the grass in the background.

Name:	Villages L39 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	183972
          Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, Tundra, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, Corsair, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson.

Comment

• Another place I fly is at Lake Harris, FL. Here I am flying a Timber on floats.

Name:	20180605_111401.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	184492
            Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, Tundra, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, Corsair, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson.

Comment

• A unusually wet winter has finally alleviated our multi-year drought and transformed our hills to lush green. Butterflies fill the sky as I maiden newest warbird to my collection - Avios Spitfire.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
              Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
              RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

• Is the Spitfire now coated in butterfly parts?

Comment

• Surprisingly, Nary a splatter anywhere on the Spitfire! The four coats of polyacrylic that I put on her probably had something to do with it.
                  Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
                  RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                    A unusually wet winter has finally alleviated our multi-year drought and transformed our hills to lush green. Butterflies fill the sky as I maiden newest warbird to my collection - Avios Spitfire.
                    Nice flight. Did you use gloss, or semi-gloss acrylic. Currently coating my Spitfire and most likely going to use Semi-Gloss as the Gloss seems to show the foam alligator skin more.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FlightLine-F4 Phantom, F-4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair, Red Bull Edge. E-Flite-2-Beast 60's, P2 Bi-Plane, Yak 54, 2-P-51's, Apprentice, 2-Super Cubs w/Floats. Spare Parts for each plane to crash at least 3 times-I need them.

Comment

• Hugh,

I used the gloss polyacrylic. Have had a can of it for years. This was the first plane that I start using polyacrylic. Thanks for letting me know that semi-gloss works better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post
                        Hugh,

I used the gloss polyacrylic. Have had a can of it for years. This was the first plane that I start using polyacrylic. Thanks for letting me know that semi-gloss works better.
                        Just had a change of heart. Said what the hell, use the gloss. I just finished 4 coats of the exterior Spar Urethane gloss on my 1600mm Spitfire, the Corsair and both my F4's. Glad I went with the gloss, as the foam on all 4 of these is quite smooth. It's almost impossible to tell this is a foam plane now unless up very close. Looks like monokote when standing a few feet away. Keep using the gloss. Next up are my 2 B-24's, just love the look. I'll post some pictures of the before and after of some of the planes, quite dramatic. I originally did one of the F4's in the blue angel livery, and that paint was a semi-gloss, so the difference isn't quite so dramatic with one, but still love the look and just as importantly the foam is now much more durable. A friend told me to use the minwax polyacrylic, but a lot of guys in this forum also recommended the water based exterior spar urethane with the UV inhibitors, so that's what I used.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FlightLine-F4 Phantom, F-4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair, Red Bull Edge. E-Flite-2-Beast 60's, P2 Bi-Plane, Yak 54, 2-P-51's, Apprentice, 2-Super Cubs w/Floats. Spare Parts for each plane to crash at least 3 times-I need them.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1B73251A-A6DA-44CD-9299-11077AA6FBD4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	186030Click image for larger version  Name:	30546810-293F-4BAA-89B8-676F9489C007.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	135.5 KB ID:	186029 The Ryan and the Sophisticated Lady both got a successful maiden done today. Didn’T get any video of the glider as I was on the sick’s for that.

https://youtu.be/Ecadsu1hfvo

Comment

• That take-off kept me guessing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                              That take-off kept me guessing!
                              That was when we learned there’s way too much aileron authority...

Comment

Working...
                              X