X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repaint of Freewing Mosquito

Hi All: first time here on this site. Really enjoying reading and seeing what others are doing in this hobby. I bought the Freewing Mosquito model earlier this year, have flown it over 50 times. Great little airplane. I decided to experiment repainting it in the colors of those used by the 25th Bomb Group of the 8th USAAF based out of England at Watton during WWII. These aircraft flew solo missions, had no armament, and did photo reconnaissance and other scouting missions, too. I'll try posting a pic here.

davegee
    Attached Files

Re: Repaint of Freewing Mosquito

I like that paint scheme. Bet that big red tail stands out nicely in the air!

Comment

Yes, the tail is good, but the PRU blue when you fly late in the day as I frequently do can really get you crosseyed for a second at certain attitudes. There's a reason they used this color paint! (lol). But I really like the way it looks. It was a good experiment it repainting foamies for future projects.

davegee

Comment

NICE,have just received mine and a day in the paint booth will happen,looks like you installed the flaps as well ,any pics of that would assist , travel linkage ? Thanks Dave looks cool and thanks for any info , D

Comment

I don't have pictures available yet due to being so busy, but I should be able to post some in January. Basically I took a steel wire and bent it 90 degrees at both ends so it would connect the inner and outer flap sets. When I do this, the inner flaps, which have the servo connected to them actually extend more than the outer flaps that are just attached through this torsion bar type system. That's ok though, as everything is symmetrical. The Outer flaps extend equally on both wings, and the inner flaps are driven lower by the servo. There is absolutely no asymmetrical yaw or problems that I have encountered with this system, and they are very effective. I have to carry a good amount of power right to touchdown as otherwise the plane really likes to smack on the ground. But it is a great flyer, and a lot of fun, too!

Comment

Working...
          X