X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4U Gear Mod

Here is how I modified the landing gear on the F4U FMS with metal trunnions and struts. I only had to modify the gear doors to fit the struts. My landing now are solid with no gear buckling. The modification cost less than $35.00 and is well with it.

Attached Files

Re: F4U Gear Mod

Did you have to trim the gear doors? If so how much and can you post a pic of gear up, and lastly where did you get the gear and the part number... Thanks Tom
    AMA 521691

Comment

Do you have any more photos and details of how you did the mods

Thanks

Ron

Comment

Yes I had to trim the gear doors to fit the struts using the struts as a guide on how much to trim. I got the gears and struts from http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath/137. Philip at PW rc is real good with helping with building strong gears and his prices are real competitive. I have been doing business with him for years. I used this same set up on my A1 Sky raiders (1600mm) and doing the same now for my F6F as the gears on this plane are awful. Hope this helps and will post more pics later.

Comment

I can post photos with the gears up and down. There was little work to do as the completed set-up was provided by Philip at PW -RC. http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath/137.

Comment

Here you go.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey man they look solid, I too have the FMS corsair which I love but it is grounded due to the poor engineering material used on the gear. I understand FMS is working on the upgrade but to what I have no idea.
              Would you please respond back with the part numbers of the gear you used so I can order and not bother anyone with it?
              Another question, does your gear have spring loaded struts? And have you looked to see if that is available?
              Much appreciation in advance!

Pete

Comment

Yes, the struts are spring loaded. Go to this web site: http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.php/cPath/137/products_id/2912 and you will find the parts needed. You can get the completed set up for less then $50.00 which is well worth it. I have had no problems with my gears now and it track like it is on rails. Philip, the owner give great customer service to.

Comment

Working...
                X