X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In memory of my Dad (1943-2017) who was a pilot rescueman aboard the USS Forrestal 1963-64.

Attached Files
    No, I'm not a pilot. This is a restored 60's era helmet from the VA-46 squadron that was onboard the USS Forrestal at the time of the tragic fire on July 29, 1967. Obviously the mask is not period...
    www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

CVA59, Welcome to the "Squawk'. I very nice tribute to your father and we all thank him for his service. Best, LB
      Captain: Got any ideas?
      F/O: Actually not.
      — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
        #1 JEMCO P-47l
        CVA59, Had this kit and like a jackass, sold it. Looks great. Best, LB

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          CVA59, Welcome to the "Squawk'. I very nice tribute to your father and we all thank him for his service. Best, LB
          Thanks LB. He was a great man and really enjoyed his time in the Navy. He used to tell me he got to see an airshow everyday. His favorite was always the F4 Phantom. One of these days the Freewing F4 will be mine and I will decal it up as the VF-11 Red Rippers who was on the Forrest and flying the F4's during his time in.
          www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

It is a very interesting kit. For it being so small, it has a ton of detail and scale realism. Mine is probably from the late 70's and appears to have never been crashed. I cannot find any place where there has been a repair done. I've actually had it up for sale lately. It has spring air retracts also.
            www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

Finally the old girl in her final resting place. Need to find a static prop and the wing pod covers.
              www.23T.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

Finally the old girl in her final resting place. Need to find a static prop and the wing pod covers.
                CVA59, Bravo Zulu! Best, LB

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	E082FCDE-972B-40DF-A62B-25DBD7007881.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	177416Click image for larger version  Name:	D0ED6A6F-C2F3-47CE-9923-B7E1A4F2DAB0.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	177415
                  Last edited by F22trainer; Feb 7th, 2019, 06:45 PM. Reason: Add text: From the Jan. 12 maiden flight.

Comment

Working...
                  X