• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New E-Flite AT-6

Wiil MRC be selling this plane?

Curious minds want to know?

Comment

Motion has it on their website, but has not arrived yet. Probably in the next week or so. Also Horizon has it on their site, but are not available yet. They say early December. I'm getting one as soon as they are available. I like/trust Eflite out of all the manufacturers.

Comment

Looks like a pretty nice AT-6, or SNJ or Harvard, or Whirraway.
        Depends on which country you associate the plane with. Interesting tidbit, the Australians even used it as a fighter against the Zeros, which is somewhat ironic as it was used extensively by the movie industry to portray a Zero.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Rather peculiar offering from E-Flite. It was not just that long ago that Freewing discontinued their 1450mm AT-6 for no apparent reason.
          The ones I saw were good fliers powered by 4S. The only reason I can imagine for the shut down by FW is because they were not a huge market share.
          They were also not Newb RC warbird pilot friendly due to the tip stall characteristic design of the AT-6 wing which was very similar to the full size.
          Be interesting to see how this E-flite at same size will do on 3S.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll be doing this one as well. It has more true to scale lines and proportions than the Freewing version which I have as well. I'm looking forward to enjoying it being the same size with a lighter loading and split flaps. Lights and total repaint in order. Callie already has this scheme on file. I asked for it two years ago when I did the Freewing version.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1054.PNG Views:	2 Size:	417.8 KB ID:	107021

Comment

Who's gonna be the first to mod it into a Zero. LOL

Comment

YES! ^^ hahaha

Comment

Ryan, you need a little Ryan in the back cockpit, seriously!!

The good old Royal Canadian Airforce
                  insignia as well, too cool, but remember, it would be a Harvard then.........

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Remember

Comment

I had one of those, had to put 47lbs in the nose of it.
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Still got her Ryan??
                        I remember it well, and it does look like a handful.
                        Hippie 64 (Bryan) had one too, I remember he had some 'fun' with it as well.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

I do still have it. Hangar Queen status. I'm going to modify the mess out of the eflite one and fly the thing to death. I like that it will be the same size but lighter wing loading.

47 pounds balast lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            Looks like a pretty nice AT-6, or SNJ or Harvard, or Whirraway.
                            Depends on which country you associate the plane with. Interesting tidbit, the Australians even used it as a fighter against the Zeros, which is somewhat ironic as it was used extensively by the movie industry to portray a Zero.

Grossman56
                            I did not know that!
                            Still Learning:D

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                I do still have it. Hangar Queen status. I'm going to modify the mess out of the eflite one and fly the thing to death. I like that it will be the same size but lighter wing loading.

47 pounds balast lol
                                Yep, that's one that should be hanging from the ceiling in your house Ryan..

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  Still got her Ryan??
                                  I remember it well, and it does look like a handful.
                                  Hippie 64 (Bryan) had one too, I remember he had some 'fun' with it as well.

Grossman56
                                  Thankfully there was a build video by RC Informer which indicated that this plane needed a lot of weight added. I do not know why that bid of information was not shared by the manufacturer.

I would likely had my hands full with an erratic flying plane if it had not been for RC Informer. The RC Informer build videos were excellent, especially when they contained important information.

Comment

I recently picked one of these fine models up at the AMA West convention in Ontario, California....

I'm here to report she's one fantastic flying plane! I'll be shooting more video in the days to come...this one's a keeper for sure:Cool:!

Comment

Picked one up over the weekend. Really fun to fly. Were kicking the idea around about pylon racing them in the stock configuration.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

My favorite warbird! I have one on the way from Motion RC. On my first trip to Oshkosh Air Venture many years ago I was astounded to see a gigantic flight of Texans and I have been hooked ever since. I have flown the Top Flite AT6, Midwest AT6, and Ziroli AT6. I'm looking forward to many flights on this plane when the spring thaw come to Minnesota!
                                        Larry
                                        Last edited by At6 Flyer; Apr 13, 2018, 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Working...
                                        X