X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DYNAM TEMPEST!!!

Mark me down also, dropped an email tonight. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

I shure wish the ball could get rolling with Dynam..<smiley image="smiley_sad.gif"/>..They have some really cool offerings,like the new Smarttrainer,''funky - cool,'' 60'in.wing,, pattern type plane.. The twin EDF turbojet,and the twin prop Grandcruiser,are very cool also,and both have retracts..Dynam would sell more if they didn't have N/P poor customer service,and high shipping.Grayson hobby is a factor also, because of their lame shipping disclosures.And killerplanes is nuts,with their ''supposed'' crash proofing ,that you have to accept on some of their models,for $46+ extra dollers,or you can't check out..<smiley image="anim_rules.gif"/> ''Anyway guys'',,,,PLEASE keep sending the E mails to Dynam !!! Maybe at some point still,,they might reconcider MRC...<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/> ...Thanx I74

Comment

I keep sending them emails; however, no response from them. I have a Tempest from a friend in HK. It is a great flyer with much power from the stock motor. The only thing I had to do was increase the rake to keep from nosing over. I simply love flying this plane :).

Comment

I think the front doors of Dynam,need to be knocked down with bags of mail or somthing....<smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>

Comment

buying Dynam products from MRC...would be like Christmas all year long !

Comment

I sent off a letter to Dynam a few minutes ago. I'll throw in my thoughts on Dynam products. I have seven Dynam aircraft - 1270mm F6F Hellcat & F4U Corsair, the 1280mm Cessna SkyTrainer, Grand Cruiser (Cessna 310), and Waco, the 1170mm Dynam Peaks, and the 1470mm PBY-Catalina. With the exception of the Waco, the build quality has been good. <i>(The Waco's fuselage halves were not glued together properly. NP sent a replacement at no charge)</i> I have had no issues with the Dynam electronics. Cost wise, the Dynam models are a good value, but the savings shows in some areas. i.e. You have to put on the decals. Dynam models often include lights but there is no driver circuitry or LED connectors. Even if you connect the LEDs, they are of such low quality the light generated can barely be seen. The retracts are often sloppy...my F6F & F4U don't close tightly and flop around under the wing and there is really no way I've found to correct the problem (other than to fly inverted...lol). That aside, the Dynam aircraft all seem to fly well, they offer a few unique models, and there are some I would still like to purchase.

Comment

Just finished flying my Tempest today. It is a great flying. I agree there are some little issues with quality but these are small when compared to the very reasonable prices. I usually made small modifications to all my planes. The first thing I do is replace the wheels with Dubro low bounce wheels. The other thing I do is coat the model with either clear flat or clear satin to add some protection to the covering. It is also a good idea to remove the motor mount and gear screws and add either little CA or lock tight (blue). Sent another email to Dynam today. Let's flood their mail boxes and see what happens. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

''Right-on guys''!!!<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

I really had to shim my landing gear forward quite a bit to stop the nose overs, I used 3 popsicle sticks glued together to make the shim thick enough to prevent the nose overs, but I also had quite a bit of weight in the nose to help with penetration. I tried to use less weight, in an attempt to gain power to weight ratio, but found that the plane flies much faster with more weight in the nose.
                    I added about 2 1/2 ounces and was flying with a 3000mah battery.

Comment

I added about the same weight but I use a 2650 battery with a Master Air screw prop. The prop has much better pitch and is stronger than the stock one. I added some shim but not enough to prevent me form using my retracts. I have not have any nose overs after the changes. The plane really flies great now and I have all the speed I need.

Comment

Yelp, NP and BH will not get my business. I have an A10 I purchased last November from BH and it is still on the floor. am slowly rebuilding it by replacing all the servos and adding a protective cover as the plane is made of coffee cup material :(.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a Tempest I purchased from another vendor (not NP or BH) and it is simply a great flyer <smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/>

Comment

The Dynam Meteor II,70mm edf jet,w/ retracts,,looks pretty interesting also....Nobody in North America carries it,at this point though..This definately would be a hot item here,especially being a Habu type jet......''Please keep sending those emails''..<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

Working...
                            X