X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Lest anyone ever think our new product releases are reactionary to any external force, here are two photos of the final molded B-24 flying back on September 2, nearly three months ago. This bird, like many others, is ready months before we actually release it. There are many other forces at work. Patience pays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170902_144006.jpg
Views:	1208
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	105095

Name:	IMG_20170902_144316.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	105096
    Alpha, Great shots of the new bird. The paino stand in your picture has given me a idea. I have a mog paino stand that doesn't get used much, so now it will. Bending over to attach and unattach batteries is hard to do for 'this ole boy'!

Comment

• Originally posted by eli5539 View Post

Thanks for the speedy reply. The second part of my question is when will you folks be taking orders for spare parts or are you waiting for the container first?
      We'll list the spare parts and upgrades within the next couple of weeks, before the containers arrive. But only the PNP aircraft is on pre-order. The parts are standard process: enroll in "Notify Me" to be notified when they're in stock and ready for purchase/shipment that same day. As with every aircraft, we discourage ordering spare parts in the same order as a PNP pre-order, because when the PNP boxes arrive, usually everyone wants us to ship that same day as soon as the containers are unloaded, and cutting open boxes to insert spare parts and then repackaging everything would take a lot of extra time.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• That's very cool .

Comment

Thanks, Roys001! The Squadron has many Liberators on the way. Remember when we had 10 or so P-38s on the flight line together?

Office party!

Name:	IMG_20171124_170813.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	105232

Nose comparison. Sleek or Brute?
          Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20171124_160251.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	105231
          Yep, that was fun to have all those planes up at once. I can't wait to do it again. It was a great example of putting a lot of birds up at once without any casualties. Let's do that again soon.

Comment

I can confirm that the container with the optional suspension main struts did leave less than two weeks after the initial containers with the B-24s in them... so, short gap in between. Not that they're needed.

Great video, Mike and Ryan! I really love the silver version, especially in that light. I'm thinking an aluminum tape treatment would be worth the effort on this bird, plus appropriate weathering, or leave it factory fresh.
            Would the upgraded A-10 struts be arriving with that shipment?

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• More flights on ours yesterday as we gather video for the Model Aviation review of this model ... to appear soon ...

Comment

• Beautiful plane, but what the glass nose call for is the pic that TI did for the B-17, it looks as if you're looking into the fuse, really cool

Name:	image_11087.png
Views:	565
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	105454

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• I agree! We've asked TI do to the same for this B-24.

Comment

• one thing Im considering is swapping the nose wheel for a smaller one, for a bit more scale look.
                    www.TSHobbies.com
                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                      one thing Im considering is swapping the nose wheel for a smaller one, for a bit more scale look.
                      Yep, planning on doing the same.

Comment

• Be careful not to change the aoa on the ground too much. Might have issues rotating.

Comment

• This is simply awesome! About 5 years ago when I started dating my girlfriend, The Colin’s Foundation called her adopted Dad and asked if he would like to fly on a WWII aircraft from Riverside to Santee Ca. since he was a WWII vet. He readily agreed. He got to the airport and realized it was the Witchcraft on which he flew many many missions over Germany as a top turret gunner. It’s been awesome sharing stories and going through memorabilia and logs he has saved over the years. Sadly, as many other WWII vets he is currently in the hospital in Riverside. I hope he gets well soon.

Comment

• I had my Freewing B-17 out today, got 10 flights on it. If the B-24 flies as nice at the 17 does they will have a winner!

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                              one thing Im considering is swapping the nose wheel for a smaller one, for a bit more scale look.
                              Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Yep, planning on doing the same.

I was thinking maybe changing all three wheels for slightly smaller ones... like Rifleman said, it will be important to keep the AOA the same.

I am wondering if this bird would fly well on 3-cell packs? Since its so over-powered, that might result in a nicer scale flight. It will be very interesting to see.
                              If any of you guys who are testing the models would let us know if you've tried that, it would be great.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I was wondering the same thing.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Sneak peak at our initial 3DP Detail Sets for the B-24... I'll post installed photos tomorrow from the factory. To those of you who contacted me about receiving files to play with on your 3D printers, I'll send those out within the week. We also encourage tweaking or additional detailing.

Name:	mmexport1511759386500.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	105805

Comment

• Me too! I'm interested in the files.

Comment

• Me Three, on files.
                                      AMA 424553

Comment

Sneak peak at our initial 3DP Detail Sets for the B-24... I'll post installed photos tomorrow from the factory. To those of you who contacted me about receiving files to play with on your 3D printers, I'll send those out within the week. We also encourage tweaking or additional detailing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mmexport1511759386500.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	105805
                                        Although I'll admit I don't know an awful lot about this, my impression is that there can be a really big difference in quality from "home" 3D printers and professional models, and not only that, there can be a big difference in output quality depending on how the machine is maintained. So I'm really not very keen on trying to do this myself on a cheap printer. Or, having it done for me by someone who owns a cheap printer or a poorly-maintained printer. I'd be more interested in getting these printed by a professional outfit or getting them through Motion RC. (That being said, I think its fantastic that these parts are being designed! Its also really great that we can collaborate and share the files.)
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• This is fantastic. Our next generation flying models are going to have the cockpit details of static plastic models!!! This is awesome improvement to our hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X