Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With MRC being out of stock on both reverse and standard props for the '24, I was wondering if MAS 9x7 three blades would work. Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA is having a Poker Fun Fly event this weekend and I may try a set. BTW, they're the same props I've used on a HK B-17.

Comment

• Apollo Field in Van Nuys, Ca is having a Poker Fun Fly event this Sat., Feb.17th. I'll be flying my B-24 without any spare props (MRC has been out of stock on both standard and reverses). I was wondering if MAS 9x7 3 blades would work. I have both stlye left over from a HK B-17 I use to fly. Has anyone tried to use MAS props?

Comment

• There are some folks on RC Groups who have installed MAS 8x6's (primarily because they are concerned with prop-strikes). And the flight reports have been good. You will need to make some modifications for them to go on the prop adapter.

Here's a link to how one guy did it. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1908

Comment

• Thanks, Yeah, I had seen that and I get how he did it. Not a bad solution. I have the MAS props ready to go but was thinking about simply cutting off the stock props with my Dremel where the yellow meets the black, about 1/2 inch. So, 8.5" square props.

Hawk
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Anyone wanting an idea to make the ball turret this is what I came up with . Walmart sell a plastic light bulb filled with paper clips and when I cut it down its perfect either as a full turret or just half if you dont want to alter the fuselage ....See Photos will post more photos as its finished

Comment

• Design Change Made in the B-24?

Ordered my B-24 drab green on 2/8/18 and received it 2/13/18 and in good order. Kudos to MRC for a well-packaged quick shipment!

I haven't yet begun my assembly but I did look through the package and all included components. I noticed in watching Pilot Ryan's build video (a great vid, Ryan! Thanks! I'll be watching it when I begin my assembly!) that there were two pieces of carbon fiber (CF) support tubing used to attached the main wings to the fuse. Mine only came with one. The fuse now only has the one hole toward the front of the fuse wing attachment area to run the tubing through. There is no hole at all now at the rear of the fuse where the wings attach as Pilot Ryan's video showed. There is, however, a short piece of CF support tubing INSIDE the fuse where hole once existed. In what I received the rear holes for the CF support tubing DO still exist in the wings.

Not sure if this will be a strength issue but thought I'd note that I noticed the change in design. With the wingspan being 79", quite a wide span, will one less support tube affect the strength? Flightline and MRC may have felt the additional horizontal tube at the rear was no longer needed. I'm relatively new to RC flying so I don't speak from experience but only in what I've visually observed.

Comment

• In your second pic, just to the left of the plastic mounting tab, the rear hole is there covered by a piece of tape. Pull the tape off to expose the hole. You should still have two carbon fiber wing tubes. If you don't have the smaller one, submit a support ticket with Motion to have one sent out.
                Attached Files
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  In your second pic, just to the left of the plastic mounting tab, the rear hole is there covered by a piece of tape. Pull the tape off to expose the hole. You should still have two carbon fiber wing tubes. If you don't have the smaller one, submit a support ticket with Motion to have one sent out.
                  Check the outer edges of the foam packing for the two wing tubes. They are not together in the same location.

Mark

Comment

• Thanks to you both for bringing that to my attention. Totally my fault for not investigating further. I just looked and you're both correct. Everything is there except...my lack of attention and detail!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by ArielCrusader View Post
                      Thanks to you both for bringing that to my attention. Totally my fault for not investigating further. I just looked and you're both correct. Everything is there except...my lack of attention and detail!:)
                      Most of us have done the exact same thing...welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by ArielCrusader View Post
                        Thanks to you both for bringing that to my attention. Totally my fault for not investigating further. I just looked and you're both correct. Everything is there except...my lack of attention and detail!:)
                        Glad that never happened to me!!! LOL Welcome to the Squawk and glad to have another B-24 pilot!!!

Comment

• First thing I do when I unpack a new plane is check every nook and cranny in the foam packing to make sure I got all the parts out. It's amazing the amount of planning that goes into the packaging now. They stick stuff everywhere! :)
                          Pat

Comment

• Thanks to all for your input....I'm feeling a little foolish about now when I knew better. I had done a quick cursory inspection of the 24 parts and just didn't look close enough. You're right, Pat. Components are stuffed everywhere. But a lesson learned...a lesson I won't soon forget. Onward into the wild blue with this gorgeous B-24. I'm anxious to get her together! Such a quality aircraft. Thanks again for all the comments.

Comment

• At least they're covering the wing spar holes with tape before painting so that the spars will slide in easily.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by stu View Post
                                Anyone wanting an idea to make the ball turret this is what I came up with . Walmart sell a plastic light bulb filled with paper clips and when I cut it down its perfect either as a full turret or just half if you dont want to alter the fuselage ....See Photos will post more photos as its finished
                                Interesting. I shall look forward to your updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  Thanks, Yeah, I had seen that and I get how he did it. Not a bad solution. I have the MAS props ready to go but was thinking about simply cutting off the stock props with my Dremel where the yellow meets the black, about 1/2 inch. So, 8.5" square props.

Hawk
                                  Hawk, I went one step further. By trimming the existing prop adapter with a Dremel saw and sanding flush with a 80 sand paper bar, I was able to use a 9x7 MAS prop which is the same size as the Lib props. As you can see in the attached pics there was no need for a longer screw to attach the spinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post

Hawk, I went one step further. By trimming the existing prop adapter with a Dremel saw and sanding flush with a 80 sand paper bar, I was able to use a 9x7 MAS prop which is the same size as the Lib props. As you can see in the attached pics there was no need for a longer screw to attach the spinner.
                                    Brent, how was the fly in yesterday?

Bob

Comment

• Bob,
                                      Thanks, looks like a nice solution.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• So while waiting on parts for bomb bay doors, decided to do some turret spruce ups. Got my bay parts but decided I needed a break and did nothing yesterday--so bomb bay doors still waiting. Maybe this weekend will finally have them in...Pete M

Comment

• Your turrets look great. What did you use for the receiver portion for your guns ? They look fantastic.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X