Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved the podcast! Motion rc is the best ! Excited to see it being held In a picture. That will show its true size

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post

I think many lack the imagination that Warbird Lovers do as they don't try to imagine what it was like for those who actually flew them. Same thing on like Veterans Day I try to imagine what it was like in the trenches of France or storming the beaches of Normandy and if I would have made it out alive. I think too many just think of having the day off and not the why we have it. IMO
      Very true. Several of the guys out at our field love the old balsa pattern airplanes and have asked me why I fly a B-17, F-104, or other Warbirds/EDFs, saying they can't even do x or y maneuver. My response is generally "because it is that airplane". There is no sport model that you can compare to a heavy bomber. You aren't going to fly over the runway and imagine a chain of hundreds of them in tight formation, full of young men headed toward Germany. You aren't going to stare at it and think about the insane amount of engineering done in such an incredibly short time, and the lessons learned from that design. With non-scale models, you can't imagine Bob hoover demonstrating an F-86 in the Philippines, Chuck Yeager pushing for an altitude record in the F-104, or the first low wave of Apaches sneaking in at low level to take out an Iraqi radar station.

Our models are living, flying, tributes to the men and women who flew/maintained them, the engineering that created them, and those who worked to build them. We don't for the performance, or perfect handling qualities. We get them and build them because they represent such an amazing part of history.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Model does not have to mean static.

mod·el
        ˈmädl/
        noun

1. a three-dimensional representation of a person or thing or of a proposed structure, typically on a smaller scale than the original.

Call them what you like. They are flying models but still models none the less which I have never equated to being toys even though I built plenty of static models when I was a kid.
        I have to agree on your comments... A "toy" to me is something that looks like a plane or car or whatever. A "model" is something based of the real thing and this is an outstanding model based on how it is made and it's price point.. No one can tell me that an "engineers model' is a "toy"

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
          Our models are living, flying, tributes to the men and women who flew/maintained them, the engineering that created them, and those who worked to build them. We don't for the performance, or perfect handling qualities. We get them and build them because they represent such an amazing part of history.
          Well said! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Subd. Great job motion/flightline. Wow, awesome plane. Thank you for listening and making bigger models! Gonna have to grab one of these I think. :)

Comment

• going to pass on this one,now if came with suspension landing gear and lights for that price ya but not if i have to purchase better landing gear.our field is grass and not that smooth will tear up in no time without the suspension spring loaded gear.looks nice but for me the price is alittle high.

Comment

• You guys owe me a new monitor. I broke mine throwing money at the screen.

Comment

• This model has great detail, Awesome job motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                    Hands up all those who remember the B-24 balsa kit by Jack Stafford. This was a 90" model built up from balsa and ply designed for 4 X 0.19 size glow engines. I remember building one for a guy back in the mid-70s. After I'd finished it I always wanted one for myself but never had one until now. I've also ordered the "T" shirt from Bunker 27.

Martin.
                    I had a chance to buy one at a swap meet back in January. I passed on it because I didn't think I had the right skills to finish it. It was about 50% done and what was done was done really well.

Comment

• WOW, just had to get the tape measure out to see just how big the wingspan is ..................HOLY CRAP!!
                      Nice to see that the manual is up already, I've downloaded it and will work on it over the holidays so you guys can have the 'translated' version when you get your hands on these big beautiful bombers!!
                      I think of Jimmy Stewart who flew B-24s in WWII and was a General in the Air Force Reserves. The first movie he made after returning home was, IT's A Wonderful Life. Jim was worried that he'd forgot how to kiss a girl, I think Donna Reed reminded him!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Alpha, if you're checking the thread I'd like to ask you a question. Understanding that you already did a lot of testing to get the prop/motor/performance characteristics balanced just the way you want... you said in the podcast that the plane will fly very fast and has a lot of power, which is handy when you need it. I don't have any problem with that but I am wondering if we could experiment with another prop. A slightly larger diameter and lower pitch would slow it down but still provide a lot of power without the speed. Can you tell us the spec on the prop the model comes with (DxP and hub size) so we can shop around?

Or perhaps you can chime in and say "well I tried doing exactly that but I didn't like it because of X". I am thinking you went with the current prop because its a good all-around choice for the "typical" modeler, but I would be interested in trying to fly this plane a little more scale-like. What do you think?
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Pre ordered and subscribed. I've been waiting for one of these for a long time. Had the Stafford kit way back when, that was a builders kit!:Whew: This is just beautiful, quite a work of art Thank you mrc. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

Wow, that plane is both Beautiful and Ugly at the same time.
                            That would've been a game changer had it been produced earlier in the war. I'd love to see one of those now that someone mentioned it! IL-28/TU-14/B-57 Canberra/AR-234B would be some pretty sweet EDF's also.

Comment

• Thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!!!! Been waiting on this one for a lifetime!

Preordered and subscribed.

Comment

• The EMS models are not well built as far as I am concerned. I have B25 Mitchell and it never flew because the rudders were poor quality and the gears doors were non-functional for the most part. I am still working on the rudders and will just forget about doors.

Comment

• This is killing me. A great plane that I would love to have only to find out that it is not recommended for grass fields. It's just not fair feel like Santa just took away my Christmas present

Comment

• Originally posted by eli5539 View Post
                                    This is killing me. A great plane that I would love to have only to find out that it is not recommended for grass fields. It's just not fair feel like Santa just took away my Christmas present
                                    Did you watch the video? They are flying it off of some pretty rough stuff with the stock gear... You might want to re-think that. What makes you think it is not recommended for grass?

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post
                                      Hey guys, in all the excitement, don't miss the interview with Alpha himself on the RCAfterHours podcast. He goes into detail about how he started, what goes into making these planes and of course the B-24. Since he doesn't like to show his face, a podcast was perfect ;)

http://www.rcafterhours.com/018-excl...from-motionrc/
                                      Remember Wilson on Home Improvement? That’s Alpha. Lol A genius always behind the picket fence.

I pre-ordered the 24 without even looking at the specs. Had to. Such an important airplane.

For West Coast guys, there’s a nice one at Pima in Tucson. Can go inside.

I stopped in while on business and called my Dad on the mobile. “ Hey Dad!” You’ll never guess where I am” “I’m inside a B-24 !”

By memory, he gave me a tour, told me what to look for, etc. On the floor level we’re a couple geezers his age sitting on lawn chairs.
                                      I passed the phone over to them and they talked for about a half hour. Very touching.

Turned out one one of the guys was in the same 93rd bombardment group that went from Hardwick to North Africa and back. Then Poelesti.

Cant wait.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
                                        going to pass on this one,now if came with suspension landing gear and lights for that price ya but not if i have to purchase better landing gear.our field is grass and not that smooth will tear up in no time without the suspension spring loaded gear.looks nice but for me the price is alittle high.
                                        Is your field worse than what they are flying it off of in the video with the stock gear? They don't recommend the optional nose gear doors for grass but that is different.

Comment

• While you're talking about actual flying the B-24, one film comes to mind over ALL other aerial footage of WWII I've ever seen. It was the Ploesti Romania oil field raid and a close up from the tail gunner's position of another B-24 following right behind them and a little lower. The pilot and copilot were looking up trying to keep it in formation when all of a sudden, flak nailed the left wing spar just inboard of the engines. It fractured the fuel tanks and that wing snapped off in a heart beat. I can never imagine what was going on in their minds during those last few seconds of life. It really hit me hard more than any other combat footage.

Comment

Working...
                                          X