X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Man, still having major problems with the retracts.
    Have you tested the retracts with a servo tester to rule out everything with the plane? I had an intermittent issue with my left main and replaced the control board in the plane and that solved my problem. When I pulled the board from the fuse it had corrosion on the bottom.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the post where you replaced them. Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

• Taz101: You were spot on with the issue of the retracts getting stuck. Flew it 4 times last Thursday and the gear worked perfectly!! One of the suspension struts had a post that was maybe 1mm too long. I would have never figured it out without your help. Motion didn't guess what it was either, so YOU DA MAN!! Back to loving this plane.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by taz101 View Post
        Sounds to me like you have put the gear leg in the trunnions to far!!
        when you put them in to far, and then cycle the retract, it will only move to half mast and then stall the retract. It may also bend the screw drive.
        It may only be a mater of 1mm, but that will do it.
        Also if it is working on the bench and then you fly it and it becomes stuck as you are describing, it could mean the gearleg was slightly loose and a small bump on takeoff could have pushed it that 1mm.
        Ive seen it happen many times. People replace the retracts, but don't check for clearance between the end tip of the gear leg and the screw drive.

LURCH
        Once again Taz101, I have to Thank you so much. Your input on the posts going too far into the trunnions was definitely the issue. Without your help, I may have never figured it out and probably only flew the planes without ever retracting the gear. I was getting so frustrated with it, I may have left both the Olive and Silver one's in the hanger to collect dust. Motion just got back to me on the 3 retracts I sent back, 1 was bad but the other 2 that always got stuck were fine. You are my hero. The technicians at Motion didn't know what was causing it, so maybe you should rent yourself out as a consultant to the rest of us numb nuts.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Dang, Taz is right! I ad that happen on my Freewing P-51 a few years back and completely forgot about it. One to file in the memory banks, Thanks Taz!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• I just came across this awesome cockpit flight video of Witchcraft. Enjoy

Comment

• Finally ready to maiden. Would have today but a wicked crosswind came up. The airplane God's were hungry today, so I'm glad I didn't try to fly it.

​​​​
              ​​​​​​All the turrets move, and I detailed the plane with the 3D printed parts. The graphics are from Callie. The weathing is done with Tamaya panel line fluid. It leaves a nice oily sheen on the silver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                Finally ready to maiden. Would have today but a wicked crosswind came up. The airplane God's were hungry today, so I'm glad I didn't try to fly it.

​​​​
                ​​​​​​All the turrets move, and I detailed the plane with the 3D printed parts. The graphics are from Callie. The weathing is done with Tamaya panel line fluid. It leaves a nice oily sheen on the silver.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nice job!! Best wishes on the maiden!

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• A little more fiddling...
                    Cockpit's done. Waist gunners in. 3 Turrets traverse. Props balanced. It's getting close!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                      A little more fiddling...
                      Cockpit's done. Waist gunners in. 3 Turrets traverse. Props balanced. It's getting close!
                      Just great!!! I love the Co Pilot check list!!!! Everything looks fantastic!! Carry on Bro!!! :Cool:

Comment

• My 24 is still in the box, but not for long.... I did the graphics for the fuselage and then boxed her back up!!

Comment

A little more fiddling...
                          WOW, that's by far the best detailing I've seen on the crews and cockpits. The pilot and co-pilot are great and the checklist and ammo belts are over the top. It's too bad you have to put the canopy on because the window pane lines will block some of your fine detailing. Have you tried to scrape of the paint on the window panes? I did that on the turrets so the gunners would be a little more visible (see attached photos). That was relatively easy, but I tried to get the paint off the cockpit windows and just couldn't without ruining the clear plastic. Anyone out there able to do that and replace them with very very thin lines, if any?
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Incredible work, NoDirt!

Comment

• Thanks guys. HW I thought the checklist would be funny, and like Hugh said, it's a shame to cover it all up with the canopy but, whatcha gonna' do. Yours will be up soon, you've been busy with the big one!
                              Hugh, didn't try any paint removal, just glued her on. And there are others who have done more detailing than me! There's a slim chance it may be ready this weekend but I'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Guys, I’m just getting my B24 ready for her maiden flight, I’m wondering if I should disconnect the red wires from the ESCs to prevent problems with the BEC, or is it OK left as stock, what have you guys done? Thanks

Comment

• I will bet the ESCs in that don't have BEC, since it comes with a UBEC. Either that or the multifunction board isolates the + lead of the ESC.

Easy enough to test... Plug 1 ESC to a receiver with one servo and see if it will power up the receiver and servo.

Its bad practice to parallel BECs. Quadcopters use 1 ESC with BEC and 3 without. So they DO make small ESCs without BEC.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I believe the general consensus is to leave it as is. The ESC's are set up to work as they are. FWIW
                                    I'm going to fly it like it came.

Comment

I believe the general consensus is to leave it as is. The ESC's are set up to work as they are. FWIW
                                      I'm going to fly it like it came.
                                      That's the way I've been doing it. No point in trying to second guess the designers and manufacturers of this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        That's the way I've been doing it. No point in trying to second guess the designers and manufacturers of this plane.
                                        Why, thanks, we appreciate that!

You'll be just fine, Mark2. Plug your two flight batteries in at the same time, that's what I do. Calibrate ESCs and double-check that all four motors are spinning in sync, taxi test to check for any errant yaw/thrust imbalances. If all good, then you're off to the races. We have gobs and gobs of B-24s in circulation around the world over the past ten months with undoubtedly many thousands of successful flights on the the stock PNP setup straight out of the box.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great, thanks for the responses gentlemen, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                          X