Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped trying to outsmart the designers a long time ago. The B-24 design and construction is rock solid. I fly mine with mostly rudder. Needs alot if rudder in the turns to swing that big arse end around. My Dad, who was a tech sarge/ flight engr. told me the full scale flew like that. Great scale replica!
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Well, no flying weather all weekend. AND probably the rest of the week :P

I did get in a range check which failed so I swapped receivers and added telemetry. Better now.
      And I found my mods made it tail heavy. So as much as I didn't want to, had to add some nose weight to hit the 3" C.G. But, I'll get there yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
        Well, no flying weather all weekend. AND probably the rest of the week :P

I did get in a range check which failed so I swapped receivers and added telemetry. Better now.
        And I found my mods made it tail heavy. So as much as I didn't want to, had to add some nose weight to hit the 3" C.G. But, I'll get there yet!
        Interestingly, I've found that this model is pretty tolerant with the CG. With 3S 3600 batteries in mine, the nose is light and it's most likely "tail heavy" according to what's recommended. I installed one battery in the tray and the other one fully forward to the front of the foam shelf... but it flies beautifully and flares nicely during landing.

So another way of looking at it is, they stock setup is probably somewhat nose-heavy, which results in a stable airplane. Moving the CG back a bit makes the model more maneuverable but its still a very nice flyer.

I haven't tried it with 3S batteries in the middle of the tray. You know what they say about tail-heavy planes! "Nose heavy planes fly badly, tail heavy planes fly once!"

If you add some weight, make it so that you can remove it later... after you get some flying time you may find its not needed.

Hoping for a nice weekend (as always)….
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hey folks...PSA...We now offer STL files for the nose gear doors. For the left gear door .stl file click here. For the right gear door .stl file click here.

You can thank Santa Alpha. ;)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Hey folks...PSA...We now offer STL files for the nose gear doors. For the left gear door .stl file click here. For the right gear door .stl file click here.

You can thank Santa Alpha. ;)
            Just an FYI, the file names are backwards. Right is left and left is right. ;) But the good news is the parts themselves have L and R printed on them, so once printed there will be no mistaking which goes where.

Thank you Santa Alpha!
            Pat

Comment

• I've already given the STL files to one of my guys to print.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                I just purchased the B-24 and joined Hobbysquawk because of all the great info. here. I was thinking of going the 3s rout , I have some Admiral 3700 that I use for my FMS B-25. What kind of flight times can I expect with these? Thanks in advance.
                Regards,
                Frank

Comment

• If i ever get to the point i can afford this plane, im definitely going 3S on it. Just to keep her tame and more scale in effect

Comment

• Originally posted by skrez View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    I just purchased the B-24 and joined Hobbysquawk because of all the great info. here. I was thinking of going the 3s rout , I have some Admiral 3700 that I use for my FMS B-25. What kind of flight times can I expect with these? Thanks in advance.
                    Regards,
                    Frank
                    Hey Frank,

I'm at work (ha ha, they don't know I'm on here) so I can't tell you what my timer is set for. But I'll say that I haven't really wrung it out yet to see how long I can fly. I'm using the same Admiral 3700's. The plane flies with the throttles cracked and I fly and fly until I get tired and then the batteries are at 3.9v per cell or something, so they obviously can go for a long time. Now if you fly like a maniac at full throttle, doing stuff this plane wasn't meant to do, I suppose it will use the batteries up a lot quicker!

I'll check when I get home and amend this post with what my timer is set for.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by skrez View Post
                      Hi Guys, I just purchased the B-24 and joined Hobbysquawk because of all the great info here. Regards, Frank
                      Welcome, Skrez! This is a great forum and the feedback is quick and accurate. I am envious of your purchase, :Cool: though there is a WWII bomber in my 2019 Buy List. Best to you and yours, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Welcome, Skrez! This is a great forum and the feedback is quick and accurate. I am envious of your purchase, :Cool: though there is a WWII bomber in my 2019 Buy List. Best to you and yours, LB
                        Basically what he said. Welcome.

Woody

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind words of welcome and friendly advise. I can`t say enough about MotionRc, I ordered the plane on Sunday and it arrived today. I briefly looked at the contents and it looked great and very well packed. I will spread on my workbench this weekend to take a parts inventory .
                          Regards,
                          Frank

Comment

• On our last bit of fall sunshine in Western Washington, I was able to take to the skies with my recently built 78" wingspan Consolidated B-24J Liberator. This one in particular has been custom-painted and given a livery that matches a real bomber that flew in the South Pacific from 1944 to 1945 in World War II. This particular aircraft is from the 372nd Squadron, of the 307th Bomb Group. Known as the "Long Rangers" they flew missions that spanned thousands of miles, at night, over what was mostly open-ocean. My grandfather, Elwood T. Lippincott was Squadron Commander of the 372nd, and flew with many brave crews, including that of famed Olympic Runner, and the Subject of the film "Unbroken", Louis Zamperini. This is the first of two builds, with my next B-24 project will be an accurate representation of the plane that my grandfather flew on his first, and notable mission to bomb Wake Island in December of 1942.

Comment

• Photos of my B-24.. :)

Comment

• Its a beauty, Cap'n, awesome pictures and video. I think you are ready to make a full-length movie. You just need some actors!

Comment

• That’s awesome Captain Awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Awesome View Post
                                    Photos of my B-24.. :)
                                    CA, Beautiful job on your LIberator and Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm going to buy the silver version soon and use a single 3s 8000mah Lipo for it

Comment

• Welcome Captain! That plane is beautiful. :Cool:

Comment

• How do you get the nose gear doors to go up or down when the gear retracts

Comment

Working...
                                          X