Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered and received my model Friday. Plan on starting on it soon, as I will use some of the model as a test bed for finishing up my Jack Stafford B24 Ive been hoarding away. I must say the detail and assembly instructions of the Motionrc model is pretty good and the manual is well layed out..

Comment

• Brought out my B-24 to Warbirds Over the Johnson Space Center this weekend, and flew it in some pretty nasty crosswinds. I got a few photos next to Mike Liable’s beautiful scratch built nitro powered B-24. Unfortunately, the big B-24 was grounded due to the intense crosswind. In an interesting twist, my B-24 ended up being awarded “Best Multi Engine” the event, since I was one of the only multi engine pilots to brave the winds.

Comment

• Hey Hugh, I saw that article as well and had the same thought, I know her, at least through her dad and HobbySquawk!!

My wife has been in that magazine several times, a lot more than I have and she barely flies. But she does take some mean pics though
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14331.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	195378
        That's her with the camera, there are variations of this shot and sometimes its printed in reverse!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Hey Hugh, I saw that article as well and had the same thought, I know her, at least through her dad and HobbySquawk!!

My wife has been in that magazine several times, a lot more than I have and she barely flies. But she does take some mean pics though
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_14331.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	195378
          That's her with the camera, there are variations of this shot and sometimes its printed in reverse!

Grossman56
          How cool, clearly your better half.:Cool:
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey there fellow B24 pilots! I had what I thought was a flap servo failure recently. No noticable problems for numerous flights and then the surprise single flap deployment on final :Scared:

Recovered safely and landed without flaps. Ground testing revealed the servo operated normally until some gentle pressure was applied to the flap with my finger and then it would fail intermittently. My flaps deploy using the xmitter speed reduction. I still don't know for sure if operating them slower causes other issues such as this. When I return the flap servos to full speed the servo has no failures but still no difinitive proof that one causes the other. Slowing the operation speed may only reveal the servo is getting weak and not be causing or attributing to the failure.

For my own peace of mind, I am choosing to replace the flap servos with an option that works smoothly with the reduced speed and re-test.

I have only read of Hugh having a similar concern in the past. This doesn't appear to be a frequent failure. Has any else had similar experiences?

-Den
            There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Yes I had the exact same experience, fortunately discovered on the ground. I put it down to slowing the flap servos through the transmitter.
              I think slowing the flap servos is not recommended by Flightline. I removed the servo slow setting and the problem seems to have gone away.
              It isn’t as cool to have the flaps deploy instantly, but I wasn’t prepared to take the risk of asymmetric deployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post
                Yes I had the exact same experience, fortunately discovered on the ground. I put it down to slowing the flap servos through the transmitter.
                I think slowing the flap servos is not recommended by Flightline. I removed the servo slow setting and the problem seems to have gone away.
                It isn’t as cool to have the flaps deploy instantly, but I wasn’t prepared to take the risk of asymmetric deployment.
                Although it is a known issue to happen to a few models due to the control box, I have not seen this recommendation in print. Can you tell us where you've seen this?

Comment

• As I recall it was mentioned in one of Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike’s videos, but there certainly seems to be some truth in it, at least in my own personal experience.

Comment

As I recall it was mentioned in one of Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike’s videos, but there certainly seems to be some truth in it, at least in my own personal experience.
                    There is definitely truth in it. I would have been surprised and shocked if it was in any of the Flightline manuals.

Comment

• Hello to all !!! . I've not got my B-24 in my hands yet,but after a short trip to Tennessee and back next weekend, ill be flying high with the rest of y'all.
                      My thanks to all on here for your inputs on making this bird fly at its best.
                      Just thought I'd chime in and let yall know im here. I cant wait.

Comment

• I spent some time with my baby today! ;)
                        There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                          I spent some time with my baby today! ;)
                          That looks great Dennis! Love the scale tower and flag

Comment

• Yes sir!!! The Dragon... I have applied the graphics to mine and then had to put her back in the box. Hoping to get her ready before fall this year. Love the pics!! Great job! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdronenut14 View Post
                              Hello to all !!! . I've not got my B-24 in my hands yet,but after a short trip to Tennessee and back next weekend, ill be flying high with the rest of y'all.
                              My thanks to all on here for your inputs on making this bird fly at its best.
                              Just thought I'd chime in and let yall know im here. I cant wait.
                              Welcome to the Squawk!!! Glad you are here! Have a great weekend... :Cool::Cool::Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Congrats on the award.

Comment

Yes I had the exact same experience, fortunately discovered on the ground. I put it down to slowing the flap servos through the transmitter.
                                  First I've heard about this issue. I've slowed the flap deployment on every Fliteline and Freewing air-frame I've owned and never had this issue.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

First I've heard about this issue. I've slowed the flap deployment on every Fliteline and Freewing air-frame I've owned and never had this issue.

Mike
                                    Mark 2 subsequently posted that it was in one of Pilot Ryan's videos that this was mentioned, so it wasn't something that was "recommended by Flightline". It was a poor use of words or incorrect interpretation of an inference.

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification ,kinda left me scratching my head. Seems kinda weird.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Congrats on the award.

Comment

• Very nice, massive piece of kit, I love it! Would it be possible for the maker to come out with a PB4Y2 Privateer version in the same scale?

Comment

Working...
                                          X