Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be possible for the maker to come out with a PB4Y2 Privateer version in the same scale?[/QUOTE]

Or possibly a conversion “kit” perhaps 🤑 ?

Comment

• Already posted in "What did you Fly" today, but thought I should mention in this thread that my green "Bombshell Baby" B-24 won best World War II plane at our annual Warbirds Festival. Definitely did not expect it, I guess everyone liked the custom paint job, Callie graphics, built out cockpit and gunners with moving servos and the multi-engine sound system. Thought maybe my F-4 Blue Angel may have a shot at some category or my Corsair with sound system and warbirds pilot with moving head might have a chance in something, but this was a surprise. Took both my B-24's (I like the other better-a silver with a lot of customization) last year and not even a "sniff".:Thinking: You can see from this crummy little photo video that there were some nice planes there (and some good pilots flying them, unlike my "run for cover" usual piloting method).:Silly:So anyone out there with a B-24 (or thinking of getter one) you're my bother from another mother!:Cool: Seems spectators like them too! Here's the link also if you want a big screen: https://youtu.be/7eyrUD4nhes

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Already posted in "What did you Fly" today, but thought I should mention in this thread that my green "Bombshell Baby" B-24 won best World War II plane at our annual Warbirds Festival.
        Hugh, I congratulate you, Sir.:Win: Bravo Zulu. Best, Steve
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E4A100AC-4AD7-4C26-BB64-86A613E973B5.jpeg
Views:	842
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	198576 “Net Results” and her crew prepare for a mission.

Remember the sacrifices made to keep us free - 6-6-1944...

:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
            Click image for larger version

Yes, Never Forget! Omaha, Utah, Sword, Juno, Gold.

Where did you get those pilot and crew figures?

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha,

The two pilot figures and the sleeveless ground crew member are 21st-century ultimate soldier products. The other two mechanics I found on eBay under 1/18 action figures - search for mechanic & lady mechanic.

Lady Mechanic on break...

Name:	86ECFB0A-50E5-4D3F-A159-F022F144B812.jpeg
Views:	787
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	198718

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post

TOA, Your Liberator is gorgeous, Sir. The "Net Results" Nose Art is amazing. The figures are cool, too. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB :Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	D7498AD3-2C77-4351-84BB-0E5CE879AD60.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	236.1 KB ID:	199905
                  I am currently in morning. My F7F Tigercat bit the dust due to “electrical problems.” So before I fly the B-24 again, I am going to test for functionality, tighten all the connections, and then silicone the connections so they don’t work loose - like I suspect was the cause for the demise of this Cat. I’ve had three crashes with the two F7Fs that I’ve owned - all due to electrical connections working loose. :Angry: :Angry:

so the moral to that sad story is CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS and silicone them in place. These bigger aircraft are complex and need thorough preflights.

Comment

• So sorry to see that happen! Big Bro hugs! Wow. :Straight-Face: Jerry

Comment

• Barney's Buzz Wagon made it's first trip to the field for this year today. Two flights with multiple take offs & landings. It flew well and survived the gusty quartering crosswind and my bouncy landings. Aside from the less than perfect landings it was all good.

Comment

• Hi guys , I wonder if anyone can help me ? I have just received my b24 and am having problems with the radio set up . I have got everything working but the flap/elevator mix . I am using an early spectrum dx 8 and a spectrum AR8010T receiver and when I go to the flaps section it is showing inhibit and when I click on it to change to mix page it will not let me . It just changes back to the flap system heading . Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Comment

• It sounds like you need to set the wing type in system setup for that model.
                          Set it to 1 aileron, 1 flap and normal tail. That should enable the flap system.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                            It sounds like you need to set the wing type in system setup for that model.
                            Set it to 1 aileron, 1 flap and normal tail. That should enable the flap system.
                            +1 that enables the flap menu and it's all a breeze from there.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• thanks to NoDirt and MikeT you guys are spot on and really sharp , its all singing and dancing at me now . A few tweeks and I will soon be ready for my maiden . Thanks a bunch, you have saved a 68 year olds sanity . I had been fooling around with that darn transmitter for ages .

Jonnikins

Comment

• Glad that helped. I would re-bind after you're done setting up.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnikins View Post
                                  thanks to NoDirt and MikeT you guys are spot on and really sharp , its all singing and dancing at me now . A few tweeks and I will soon be ready for my maiden . Thanks a bunch, you have saved a 68 year olds sanity . I had been fooling around with that darn transmitter for ages .

Jonnikins
                                  Welcome to the Squawk! Flap settings are fun! :Cool: Glad you are here!

Comment

thanks to NoDirt and MikeT you guys are spot on and really sharp , its all singing and dancing at me now. Thanks a bunch, you have saved a 68 year old his sanity. Jonnikins
                                    JK, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Post pictures when you get a chance. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi guys , Im back , just noticed a strange anomaly on my flaps . The starboard flap is working but does not move as far as the port flap . I solved the problem by moving the brass control ball fitting in one hole on the flap horn , now both flaps move equally .Is this a known problem or have I got a duff servo . I am unsure whether to fly like this or ask motion to send me a new servo to be on the safe side . Any thoughts please ?? .

Comment

Hi guys , Im back , just noticed a strange anomaly on my flaps . The starboard flap is working but does not move as far as the port flap . I solved the problem by moving the brass control ball fitting in one hole on the flap horn , now both flaps move equally .Is this a known problem or have I got a duff servo . I am unsure whether to fly like this or ask motion to send me a new servo to be on the safe side . Any thoughts please ?? .
                                        I don't think it's a common problem. Mine work equally and has been OK so far. Did you disconnect the rods and move both of them manually to see if either one is binding anywhere along their travel?

Comment

• It may depend on the location of the control horn on the servo. Are both at the exact same angle when fully retracted and fully extended? I've had that issue on other planes where I had to re-adjust a control horn so the travel was the same. As long as you end up with the same travel on both flaps, you should be ok. I did have a P-51 a long time ago that had that issue and I couldn't remove the control horn without taking the servo out, which was glued in. Did the same as you, put it in another hole to get the same travel.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X