Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here on an Avios Seafury. As long as they move the same speed and geometry, you should be good! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
      I couldn't remove the control horn without taking the servo out, which was glued in.
      For future reference ........................... Some people may not like this idea so if you are one of those, please disregard the following.
      Most new planes now have an "access trough" for getting at that Phillips screw that holds the arm on the servo. On models that don't have this trough, you can make one with as little damage to the plane as possible. First, you take a sharp blade (like a razor or Xacto) and cut an angled slit down toward the screw on the arm. Then take a small a diameter shafted screwdriver as you can find and press it into that slit you just cut. If you put a magnet on the shaft of the screwdriver, you can extract the little screw easily and also hold it on the end of the driver till you get it into the servo arm hole. Once you're done, you have a couple of choices. 1. Apply a hot, moist cloth on the slit and the foam will expand mostly back to fill in the trough. 2. Cover the trough with tape that is similar in color to the foam around it. 3. Leave the trough as it and paint it the same color of the foam around it.
      I do #2.

If you have to remove the servo, use an Xacto knife and cut all around the servo to free the glue. The glue on the underside, you can do much about it. Grab the whole servo with hemostats and wiggle it out. You can fill in the hemostat dents later however you like. If a layer of foam comes out with the servo (on the underside), cut it off cleanly with a razor blade and glue it back into the hole with FoamTac. It'll be just as strong as the foam around it. The glue the new servo in its place, using minimal glue on all sides, so it can be more easily extracted next time (if there is a next time).

Comment

• Roger the above. I actually used the tiny but long screwdriver to drill the angled hole and the followed the above procedure... Worked fine and it was on the bottom of the wing, so........ ;)

Comment

• Sometimes, you just have to move the control arm. :Straight-Face:

Comment

• XV, when are you coming to Texas and having a Shiner Bock and a giant steak with me? :Confused::Cool:

Comment

• Any time on me Bro!

Comment

• Jerry, thanks for the invite - most kind of you. I'm afraid my travel budget is usually spent on planes. Additionally, travel insurance at my age is starting to get expensive. My pension only goes so far. :Crying:

Comment

• I will have to send it air mail! :Cool:

Comment

• hi guys ,thanks for the advice .The arms were both in very similar positions ,it seemed that length of travel was the cause of the problem . As it all seems to be working fine now I will fly it and hope for the best
                    regards Jonnikins .

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnikins View Post
                      hi guys ,thanks for the advice .The arms were both in very similar positions ,it seemed that length of travel was the cause of the problem . As it all seems to be working fine now I will fly it and hope for the best
                      regards Jonnikins .
                      Is this a brand new plane that you are about to maiden? If so, the control surfaces can be a bit stiff out of the box and all should be "exercised" manually (without the rods attached) before completing assembly.

Comment

• THanks for the invite Marc,

What's up guys checking in this thread. A Proud Owner of the Liberator. Love flying this thing on 3s for long range missions

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017_12_31_21_44_34_2017_12_31.jpg_6000_4000_.png Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	202898

Comment

• Hey there Teng.... That is an absolutely AWESOME picture. Now, I have to chuck all of mine In the trash.... LOL
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                            THanks for the invite Marc,

What's up guys checking in this thread. A Proud Owner of the Liberator. Love flying this thing on 3s for long range missions

Click image for larger version Name:	2017_12_31_21_44_34_2017_12_31.jpg_6000_4000_.png Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	202898

Its a gooney bird!

Comment

• Hi guys , was all set to maiden my b24 when about to load plane into car ( it fits assembled into my Hyundai IX35 suv , very handy ) I was fiddling with the props (as you do) when one motor made a grinding sound and seized solid . Not a good start with 25% failure rate on motors .Have e-mailed motion and got a ticket number and am waiting to hear back from them . sounds like the motor has dropped a magnet or some such .I have removed motor and checked for foreign bodies jamming things up but can find nothing . will let you know outcome of this sad saga . Does any body know if the are still selling the 3d printed part set as I can not find it in the spares section of motion website
                              Regards Jonnikins.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnikins View Post
                                Hi guys , was all set to maiden my b24 when about to load plane into car ( it fits assembled into my Hyundai IX35 suv , very handy ) I was fiddling with the props (as you do) when one motor made a grinding sound and seized solid . Not a good start with 25% failure rate on motors .Have e-mailed motion and got a ticket number and am waiting to hear back from them . sounds like the motor has dropped a magnet or some such .I have removed motor and checked for foreign bodies jamming things up but can find nothing . will let you know outcome of this sad saga . Does any body know if the are still selling the 3d printed part set as I can not find it in the spares section of motion website
                                Regards Jonnikins.
                                The 3D printed parts are under "Upgrades" not spare parts!!

LURCH

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                  Hey there Teng.... That is an absolutely AWESOME picture. Now, I have to chuck all of mine In the trash.... LOL
                                  How are you sir, i sincerely apologize in the much delayed, my baby girl was just delivered on the first of July, and i was essentially engulfed with maternity tasks, i literally just logged on right now this is the second post since i logged in.

Hows it been going? hope all is good.. its going to a busy streak to check in on squak posts due to the new change in pace. i just hate leaving people hanging and it had to happen on this thread....its consistent with my luck... anywhooo thank you for the kind comments but im sure you have some very cool photos which i still need to skim this thread once things "die down over time"

Take good care man and thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                                    How are you sir...
                                    Hello again,
                                    I'm up to no good as usual, I guess! My club is having a "EDF Jet Jam" on August 10 so I am getting ready for that. I post on a bunch of threads here, not just this one! So you may catch me elsewhere here on the squawk.
                                    I don't have a lot of pics of my B24....
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hello again,
                                      I'm up to no good as usual, I guess! My club is having a "EDF Jet Jam" on August 10 so I am getting ready for that. I post on a bunch of threads here, not just this one! So you may catch me elsewhere here on the squawk.
                                      I don't have a lot of pics of my B24....
                                      thats good news , have a good time at the jet jam

Comment

• Greetings from the UK!

I fly RC at Seething airfield in Norfolk UK, where B-24s were stationed in WW2, and I thought it would be neat to buy the Flightine model because of the connection. Model flew for the first time a few days ago, flown by my friend who always helps me with first flights and trim set-up etc, and we took some video from the front turret. The plane looked great flying above the old peri' track and you could imagine it being 75 years ago! I've uploaded some photo's below and here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgj...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• 2 more pics

Comment

Working...
                                          X