X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danal View Post

YAY! That worked! All ESCs now programmed and responding THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

The key in the video is to power everything up with the Throttle Channel unplugged from the RX. Then, do whatever it is you wish to do, such as put throttle stick high (for calibration and/or menu), etc, etc. Only then plug in the Throttle Channel cable.

Or, watch the vid.

Mikdys, thank you again!
    I'm pleased that worked for you :)

This was my first multiple engine plane and, seeing how the ESCs can run with different settings, I always check the motors are in synch and have brakes off as a pre-flight check. I'd guess it is unlikely they would go out of synch or activate brakes without an external cause, such as a prop' strike maybe, but I'd hate to take off or land and find it going sideways!

Comment

• A visitor stopped by our filed a while back and took photos of some of the planes and put them up on his Flicker account. While looking through them I was surprised to see my Barney's Buzz Wagon in flight!

(I don't know why it's showing that pic all pixelated but I can seem to change it)
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
        A visitor stopped by our filed a while back and took photos of some of the planes and put them up on his Flicker account. While looking through them I was surprised to see my Barney's Buzz Wagon in flight!

(I don't know why it's showing that pic all pixelated but I can seem to change it)
        I really like your choice of markings, NoDirt! I remember building a Revell kit years ago and ended up modeling the exact same bird!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I really like your choice of markings, NoDirt! I remember building a Revell kit years ago and ended up modeling the exact same bird!
          Cool! I thought I may be the only one that ever saw the Buzz Wagon. I like the yellow and wanted something different.

Comment

• Anybody know about adding doors for the nose wheel bay? I've found the stl files and I can get them 3D printed via an online service in either Graphite-SLS or PA12 (MJF) material. The latter is half the price, would it be OK or should I pay (a lot) extra for the SLS material? Also, how would I advance/delay the door open servo's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikdys View Post
              Anybody know about adding doors for the nose wheel bay? I've found the stl files and I can get them 3D printed via an online service in either Graphite-SLS or PA12 (MJF) material. The latter is half the price, would it be OK or should I pay (a lot) extra for the SLS material? Also, how would I advance/delay the door open servo's?
              Mikdys The cheaper stuff will be fine. I use cheap PLA that I find here in China. Just be mindful of ground clearance... I noticed in your avatar that you're flying your B-24 on grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikdys View Post
                Anybody know about adding doors for the nose wheel bay? I've found the stl files and I can get them 3D printed via an online service in either Graphite-SLS or PA12 (MJF) material. The latter is half the price, would it be OK or should I pay (a lot) extra for the SLS material? Also, how would I advance/delay the door open servo's?
                I'm not sure if the doors will clear a grass runway, it's pretty low already.

But regarding the door delay, it's built into the control board - see post 1381

Comment

• Thanks for the replies - I now have all the information I need to get gear doors working

As for the grass then yes, it might be an issue, but I can take off using a concrete track if I need to and I can also mow a landing strip with really short grass (I did this in the summer this year and the others seemed to like it as well - used quite a bit of mower gas up though!).

Comment

• Hi Folks ,

hope u r doing well.

Just received a Freewing B-24 and already assembled.
                    i will use some 4S 4000mAh Batterys , but i am not really
                    sure about the cg. The manual shows 76mm, but with the
                    installed batterys its really tail-heavy at 76mm.

I ve got only 7mm to move the batteries forward or backward.

Iam not sure if i need to add some plum ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbfan1980 View Post
                      Hi Folks ,

hope u r doing well.

Just received a Freewing B-24 and already assembled.
                      i will use some 4S 4000mAh Batterys , but i am not really
                      sure about the cg. The manual shows 76mm, but with the
                      installed batterys its really tail-heavy at 76mm.

I ve got only 7mm to move the batteries forward or backward.

Iam not sure if i need to add some plum ?
                      Superbfan1980 Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Superbfan1980! I hope you find a nice hobby home here.

Where and how are you measuring the CG for your B-24? Model upright with gear down? Or? I've been flying this bird for almost three years and have never needed to add any ballast (I assume that's what you mean when you say "add some plum). Would you be able to post a photo of your current pack location and CG measurement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Superbfan1980 Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Superbfan1980! I hope you find a nice hobby home here.

Where and how are you measuring the CG for your B-24? Model upright with gear down? Or? I've been flying this bird for almost three years and have never needed to add any ballast (I assume that's what you mean when you say "add some plum). Would you be able to post a photo of your current pack location and CG measurement?
                        Hi Alpha, thx for ur fast reply.
                        i measured 76mm of the front-wing.
                        I mixed up the languages , J.
                        “plum“ is the latin word for „lead“.
                        ( i am from Germany)

pictures attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	5-27-18.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.7 KB ID:	218578

Hey there Superbfan1980, welcome to the group. The manual specifies that the CG should be 76mm back from the LE of the wing.
                          Exactly as in your picture.

With this model, there is not a big difference with the landing gear up or down, but most of us feel that you should balance with the landing gear UP (since that is the flying position). With the gear down, the CG will move slightly backwards but only a very small amount and its not enough to make any difference with this model.

So at 76mm... with this model you will find that if you set it here, it is actually nose-heavy. You will have an easier time pulling the nose up for landing if you balance it a little further back, say 78 or 79mm. Motion tends to recommend a nose-heavy starting point on most of their planes, which is an excellent way to start. Nose-heavy planes fly very well. But you can move it back a little.

Where does your model balance with the batteries positioned as shown in your picture?

If you need to move the batteries forward, try using a bigger battery instead of lead (plum).

Many of us have found that this model flies very well using 3-cell packs. With the 4-cell pack that Motion recommends, this model flies at about 600mph (scale speed) and will go straight up vertical and accelerate. With a 3-cell pack it is still overpowered. With 3-cell packs the plane is lighter and flies for a long time.

One piece of advice from me to you..... be very careful during takeoff, avoid letting the outboard propeller hit the ground. That is the only thing you need to worry about - this plane is a really nice flying model, very easy to handle, it is stable and responsive and easy to land. (My advice is worth at least 2 cents!)
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• themudduck thx for your tips.

All my rc-planes are equipped with 4s batterys , so i will stay on 4s with the liberator to keep it simple for me :-)

Right now i added 30g lead( 15g each side) on the back-console at it seems perfectly balanced with the 2 x 4S 4000mAh. ( just a little „touch“ of nose-heavy)

( unfortunately i had to insert the machineguns to fit the b-24 fully into my car)

Just waiting for better weather conditions to peform the next flight. Germany => always rain :-(

Click image for larger version  Name:	7D7F85D8-EA31-4027-A28B-1F8054023899.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	219139
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbfan1980 View Post
                              themudduck thx for your tips.

All my rc-planes are equipped with 4s batterys , so i will stay on 4s with the liberator to keep it simple for me :-)

Right now i added 30g lead( 15g each side) on the back-console at it seems perfectly balanced with the 2 x 4S 4000mAh. ( just a little „touch“ of nose-heavy)

( unfortunately i had to insert the machineguns to fit the b-24 fully into my car)

Just waiting for better weather conditions to peform the next flight. Germany => always rain :-(
                              Superbfan1980, we will anxiously wait for your flight report as soon as it stops raining!!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Put 2 flights on my B-24 yesterday on 3S. Flew for 6 minutes, landed and checked voltage and had 70% left in the pack! Really love how this bird flies. I hope Flightline has another bomber in the pipeline soon!

Comment

• hey ho,

we had perfect weather conditions yesterday and i performed 3 perfect flights. Nice plane but i need to keep in mind to
                                  release the retracts before landing :-)

thx 4 ur help guys

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3145A05-A119-4B82-8C6A-14BBA4F2A3A4.jpeg
Views:	526
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	221010
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Minor detail!

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Great job! Jerry

Comment

• Good weather is getting scarce around here. Had some sun the other day and woke up to the B24 calling my name so we went to the field for a quick flight or two. It didn't go as planned...

Last edited by WrightBrosRC; Dec 4, 2019, 07:14 AM. Reason: having problems with the link, night be youtube.
                                        There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Funny... Close call on the other bird... Wow

Comment

Working...
                                          X