• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A verse from RUSH: The Wreckers....

"All I know is that sometimes, you have to be wary
    Of a miracle too good to be true.
    All I know is that sometimes, the truth is contrary
    Everything in life, you thought you knew.
    All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary
    "Cause sometimes the target is you!

Comment

I follow the P-61 over on RCG and the number of problems with the plane and the Meteor are crazy! I'm so glad Motion opted out from selling this plane as the issues would have caused me to immediately return it.

Check out these pictures.
      RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

Wow. Bad stuff.....:(

Comment

That's really too bad. Dynam once had so much potential. It was a good value "economy" brand. Sad to see what's happened with them.

Comment

This is the final reply from Grayson Hobby after I found severely bowed wing panels in a brand new Dynam P-61....... Don't touch these as they are still in testing!!!! I requested replacement wings and got this email instead!

Hi Barry
            I am sorry, but for the price Dynam airplanes are a lot of plane for the $ As for the bow, there is absolutely nothing we can but accept a return. I have check 1 other and it also has a slight warp. That is what happens when this foam is painted. I am very sorry, but keep in mind this is not a $300 - $500 model - I have been flying the Dynam Line for over 10 years and they fly great and are great for the wallet but some runs require some TLC :)

Regards
            Basil

Comment

You know, when I started back in the hobby it took me a bit to discover Motion. So like you I figured out quickly that Grayson is not exactly top shelf, but there trying to make a living like everyone else. They did say you could return it. No, this isn't the way it should be.

I use a technique for straightening foam. You might or might not try it. It's up to you. I will take the warped part and come up with a make shift way to shim it back into the correct position, then coat one side, usually the under side with a thin coat of 1 hour epoxy. I usually score it or make a few penetrations in the foam to make sure it has a firm place to grip onto the effected part. Let the epoxy set, making sure it doesn't drip all over the place, and stays smooth. Once set, "let it get hard" remove the shims and see what you get. It usually works for me. What ya got to loose. Welcome to Dynam.

Best Regards
              Woodcock

Comment

Originally posted by artistwood View Post
                This is the final reply from Grayson Hobby after I found severely bowed wing panels in a brand new Dynam P-61....... Don't touch these as they are still in testing!!!! I requested replacement wings and got this email instead!

Hi Barry
                I am sorry, but for the price Dynam airplanes are a lot of plane for the $ As for the bow, there is absolutely nothing we can but accept a return. I have check 1 other and it also has a slight warp. That is what happens when this foam is painted. I am very sorry, but keep in mind this is not a $300 - $500 model - I have been flying the Dynam Line for over 10 years and they fly great and are great for the wallet but some runs require some TLC :)

Regards
                Basil

:Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Angry:.
                AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

:Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Angry:.
                  Well I'll say it ..............unadulterated BS to say to a customer "That is what happens when this foam is painted" :wacky
                  AGAIN....... I call BS on Grayson.:P And he's a veteran owned company too :Thinking: Thanx again to Tom/Mark for setting a standard ethics boundary line.;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, if that's the way they pave their road to success, there's going to be a lot of pot holes, ending up in a big wreck!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

If they would have said, "this sometimes happens in steel overseas shipping containers do to heat and moisture" I would have been more inclined to believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Well I'll say it ..............unadulterated BS to say to a customer "That is what happens when this foam is painted" :wacky
                        AGAIN....... I call BS on Grayson.:P And he's a veteran owned company too :Thinking: Thanx again to Tom/Mark for setting a standard ethics boundary line.;)
                        RIGHT. :Sick2:
                        AMA 424553

Comment

I had already decided a while ago to avoid anything from Dynam. Too many planes just don't fly well. They do have a couple that fly fine, but I will never by anything from on Dynam until it has been fully vetted by the community.

Flight line, on the other hand. Any plane that they release I know is going to fly well. I'll preorder anything from flightline.

Speaking of which... Isn't it about time for the next FL release?

Comment

Yes, it's been 6 months too long.

Comment

well bummer, I was now ready to buy the beloved P-61 , so I started to read up on it, and find this news... ok, so Motion ...please make one worthy of having "Black Widow' on its title! Now I have to wait even longer ,cause I aint buyin a black twin foam stick, or any other foam stick from Dynam.
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't call it a "foam stick" by any means. True, it oozes with the Dynam "quality" we expect... very similar to the B26 (same motors, props, goofy pilots, and construction
                                problems). This one was a basket case, I purchased the prototype from Bitgo at the Toledo show in April. I tore it completely apart and rebuilt it - over 6 months.
                                Callie made new decals from me and I repainted and clear-coated it for good measure.
                                Anyway look, I think it turned out pretty well. It flies very nicely.
                                That being said, obviously I would obviously still buy a new Freewing version that doesn't require any work. I hope they still plan to make one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190104_200023.jpg Views:	1 Size:	171.3 KB ID:	170461

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Strange, it won't let me edit my post.... It should say "Callie made new decals FOR me". My typo.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                    Strange, it won't let me edit my post.... It should say "Callie made new decals FOR me". My typo.
                                    Yeah, that's weird. The "edit" button is missing in this thread. :Confused:

But it's back for this post as I'm able to edit it.
                                    Last edited by xviper; Jan 5, 2019, 09:06 AM. Reason: checking the edit function

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Yeah, that's weird. The "edit" button is missing in this thread. :Confused:

But it's back for this post as I'm able to edit it.
                                      Marc explained on post# 6 &11 of the "Report any forum issues here" thread that the edit window had been limited to 12hrs which was a change from unlimited time frame. ;)

Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Got my P61 from bitgo about 5-6 months ago. It was one of the third batch to hit the states. I didnt have any of the issues i had with my first batch Marauder. The fit and finsh was good (not as good as freewing but very acceptable,espescially for the money).The rat nest wiring in the battery compartment was cleaned up. The landing gear even work in the cold (at least the low 40's). It flies great, looks good on the ground and in the air and an easy 9min flight time on 4000 mah 30c CHL batts. I did buy" lady in the dark "graphics from callie. The included nose art just didnt look right. If (when) it meets its end i will purchase another one.
                                        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Hey folks In new here On this Black Widow I have about 16 dyna, plane and the BW is by far the worst build i have done. Fit and finish, well it sucks.. wire were left unhooked in side the wings one small canopy is missing then when I do get it together one motor does not work and I don't want to mess with those wires at all. I'm currently waiting to see what they are going to d o about this pig

Comment

Working...
                                          X