Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Hess, don't hold your breath, Dynam isn't fixing anything and certainly can't do anything about the pig you already have. You may want to consider selling it to someone else on this forum. It does take a lot of work to fix up Dynam planes, but they fly well and look good once they're fixed. I agree with you but some of us enjoy the challenge. I removed & re-did all the wiring from mine and eliminated about 6 ounces.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

This really surprises me because Motion Rc offers most of the other Dynam planes and from what I've seen on youtube, it ain't like the Black Widow is any different quality than the BF-110... Why offer other Dynam products when they aren't of appreciably better quality than the P-61? :-/

Comment

Originally posted by jazzma3121 View Post
        This really surprises me because Motion Rc offers most of the other Dynam planes and from what I've seen on youtube, it ain't like the Black Widow is any different quality than the BF-110... Why offer other Dynam products when they aren't of appreciably better quality than the P-61? :-/
        I have to ask, Did you read from the beginning? if not then you should read from then and can go over to RCG and read the stories over there and you will understand why they don't, won't sell it. Ron
        AMA 424553

Comment

I just finished assembling a new Dynam P-61 that I just bought from General Hobby and I can tell you that they have obviously updated the model. It appears to be a V2. Most of the quality issues have been resolved. I have not seen the quality issues that people mentioned in the original release. They even fixed the oversized turret guns. They are now more accurate sized-ish.

Of course, I have still moded it quite a bit.
          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

Nice work, Karl!

Comment

Comment

Just got mine last week.......

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Just got mine last week.......
                  Keep us posted on your build and first flight. I'd love this one, but I have to stop getting all the planes you get. Simply no more space. I hung up my last plane today in the only spot I have left. The one coming in Sept. has it's place reserved.

Comment

Bought a mini P-51 from Bitgo, and there were parts missing. They sent the parts, but the plane still has the same issues. No more Dynam for me (unless they beat you guys to the XB-70). As for the Black Widow, I know that it being black is part of how it got it's name, and that it was a night fighter. But I Googled it and did some image searching and they did make a few in camo green like the B-17 and bare metal, like the P-51 and B-29. So why not offer it in "bare metal" and let the hobbyist decide if they want to take a chance and paint it black?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Keep us posted on your build and first flight. I'd love this one, but I have to stop getting all the planes you get. Simply no more space. I hung up my last plane today in the only spot I have left. The one coming in Sept. has it's place reserved.
                      It will be awhile... Wayyyyy backed up on builds! But I see you got the new Eflite cargo bird. I like that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                        Bought a mini P-51 from Bitgo, and there were parts missing. They sent the parts, but the plane still has the same issues. No more Dynam for me (unless they beat you guys to the XB-70). As for the Black Widow, I know that it being black is part of how it got it's name, and that it was a night fighter. But I Googled it and did some image searching and they did make a few in camo green like the B-17 and bare metal, like the P-51 and B-29. So why not offer it in "bare metal" and let the hobbyist decide if they want to take a chance and paint it black?
                        The P-61 is going to get the olive drab paint job. Bare metal would have been cool as a paint base! We shall see if the quality of assembly has been improved...

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

It will be awhile... Wayyyyy backed up on builds! But I see you got the new Eflite cargo bird. I like that one!
                          She's a beauty. A bit pricey but you can't beat Eflite quality and their R&D on this one was well done.

Comment

I love the P-61, and certainly wish Flightline would come out with one comparable to the Tigercat in size. However, my bet is that they come out with a DH Mosquito first (hint-hint-wish-wish). That said, I felt compelled to buy the Dynam Widow when it first came out, assuming I'd be doing a nearly complete rebuild. It was just awful, and too much to go into. I replaced the retracts, motors, props, ESC's and one servo. Added a lot of additional details, and opted for "Midnight Mickey", one of the early olive drab/neutral gray aircraft that fought in the Pacific, downing two Bettys. How does it fly? With appropriate power (and not "just enough"), it's pretty amazing. But I thought then, and I still think now -- MotionRC made a very wise decision not to carry this airplane. You know the old 80/20 rule, right? Their poor customer service people would have spent all their time dealing with complaints on this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1205.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	213564Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	213565Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	585
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	213566Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	213568Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	213567Click image for larger version

Name:	P-61Sunset2.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	213569

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
                              I love the P-61, and certainly wish Flightline would come out with one comparable to the Tigercat in size. However, my bet is that they come out with a DH Mosquito first (hint-hint-wish-wish). That said, I felt compelled to buy the Dynam Widow when it first came out, assuming I'd be doing a nearly complete rebuild. It was just awful, and too much to go into. I replaced the retracts, motors, props, ESC's and one servo. Added a lot of additional details, and opted for "Midnight Mickey", one of the early olive drab/neutral gray aircraft that fought in the Pacific, downing two Bettys. How does it fly? With appropriate power (and not "just enough"), it's pretty amazing. But I thought then, and I still think now -- MotionRC made a very wise decision not to carry this airplane. You know the old 80/20 rule, right? Their poor customer service people would have spent all their time dealing with complaints on this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1205.JPG Views:	0 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	213564Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1206.JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.7 KB ID:	213565Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1203.JPG Views:	0 Size:	264.6 KB ID:	213566Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1210.JPG Views:	0 Size:	226.9 KB ID:	213568Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1235.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	213567Click image for larger version  Name:	P-61Sunset2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	213569
                              I agree about the Mosquito, though not quite as big. I had the old Parkzone one, but by the time I wore it out, it was out of production. A Flightline one the same size would be nice, but there may be an alternative. It looks like Arrows RC may have gotten hold of the old Parkzone molds and has put out several planes so got two sets of fingers crossed.
                              ADDENDUM: I forgot to mention that Freewing also did a Mossie, but I guess they're out of production. You can still find them on the web, but they are VERY EXPENSIVE.

Comment

Mr smoothie that looks awsome. The translucent nose is an incredible scale touch. Got mine from bitgo (third or fourth batch to hit usa). It was put together well,the wiring was cleaned up, no glue fingerprints. Made minor mods to strengthen wing attachments. The rest is stock. Only malfunction was tearing the gear loose one at a time on three occasions at my club field. (Standard dynam issue)The geotex is quite bumpy. Of my various aircraft it gets the most attention at the field. I painted mine gloss black and havent had any gatoring problem although i do take great pains to limit direct sun exposure (shade or white sheet).
                                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post

Name:	IMG_1205.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	213564Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	213565Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	585
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	213566Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	213568Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	213567Click image for larger version

Name:	P-61Sunset2.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	213569
                                  I've never seen one in OD. Neat scheme and great work on the refinishing.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

I've never seen one in OD. Neat scheme and great work on the refinishing.
                                    Here's some "live" pictures, though MrSmoothie's seems darker:

Name:	BlackWidows55.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	213605

Name:	Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	213606

Comment

Here's some "live" pictures, though MrSmoothie's seems darker:
                                      The first shot is just a game rendering, unless I'm mistaken. And yes on the second! Olive drab started out one way and ended up another, especially in severe climates. I did a lot of fading on mine, but never came close to that photo (which I've seen). Since doing this model, I've worked on some techniques for approaching that super-faded look in the photo -- so characteristic of OD finishes! The other thing I've learned since -- US "Neutral Gray" was far darker than what I used. I now reference FS595 colors, and use BEHR latex exclusively. The P-61 was Testors flat enamel.

Comment

Here is my build & maiden flight of the Dynam P-61 Black Widow! Super scale & smooth flier. https://hobbyshop247.com/videos/Dynam_P-61%20Maiden.mov

This is also for sale for $260 PNP if interested.. PM for details
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X