X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Callie could make those in a New York minute. Or should that be a Toronto minute?
    She made these. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	199296
    I still love the way that one looks 6B!

W

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I bought one yesterday! Should be fun!! :Cool:
      I sincerely hope you like it Jerry!

W

Comment

Callie could make those in a New York minute. Or should that be a Toronto minute?
        She made these. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	199296
        Really? I didn't see that one in her website. I hate to have her do a "one off" just for me.
        I'm in Calgary, aka "cow town". We do things reeeaaaal sssslllooowwwww. A minute could end up being a couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Really? I didn't see that one in her website. I hate to have her do a "one off" just for me.
          I'm in Calgary, aka "cow town". We do things reeeaaaal sssslllooowwwww. A minute could end up being a couple of days.
          She doesn't seem to have much objection to doing one offs. She took the F-4 scheme I requested, and posted it for sale on her site. That Canadian C-130 is sharp! I bet she would do the same with that one. Send her a email and ask, very nice person!

Comment

She doesn't seem to have much objection to doing one offs. She took the F-4 scheme I requested, and posted it for sale on her site. That Canadian C-130 is sharp! I bet she would do the same with that one. Send her a email and ask, very nice person!
            I better wait till Hardway's report first. ;)

Comment

• I got the bird yesterday. Put it all together and programmed my DX9 and everything worked perfectly. I turned it on with the Throttle cut engaged and all the servos went to max deflection and are trying to go even farther. Ailerons, elevator, and rudder are at max deflection and the servos are screaming for more. The flaps are fine. What is going on? I tried it with the throttle cut off and they are all still at max deflection. HELP.

Comment

• I'd say it has nothing to do with your throttle cut. Something else is going on. At what point did "everything worked perfectly"?

Comment

• If you havent, try re-binding. Sounds like it didnt initialize properly?
                  What radio/receiver are you using?

Comment

• Spektrum DX 9 with Admiral 10 Channel Receiver.

Comment

• It might still be useful to know how you determined it was working "perfectly" BEFORE you turned it on.

Comment

• Mine came this morning. Grey scheme. Callie Graphics decals in the mail (Canuck military theme).

With all this talk of late about having to hide this plane and that plane from the wife, I thought I'd relate my story .....................

Wife: Oh, look. A FedEx truck is pulling up to our front door.
                        Me: OK, I'm on my way.

After I take the big box to the hobby room and unpacking everything to check for damage ...............................

Wife: Is that another plane?
                        Me: Yup!
                        Wife: Oh, good!

This was the 3rd big box of planes that showed up in the last month.

Of course, this was right after I got the laundry going and was about to do the vacuuming. I guess I'm not really the boss in our household!? I can live with it.
                        ;)

Will soon see what everyone is posting about - the good and the bad.

Comment

Mine came this morning. Grey scheme. Callie Graphics decals in the mail (Canuck military theme).

With all this talk of late about having to hide this plane and that plane from the wife, I thought I'd relate my story .....................

Wife: Oh, look. A FedEx truck is pulling up to our front door.
                          Me: OK, I'm on my way.

After I take the big box to the hobby room and unpacking everything to check for damage ...............................

Wife: Is that another plane?
                          Me: Yup!
                          Wife: Oh, good!

This was the 3rd big box of planes that showed up in the last month.

Of course, this was right after I got the laundry going and was about to do the vacuuming. I guess I'm not really the boss in our household!? I can live with it.
                          ;)

Will soon see what everyone is posting about - the good and the bad.
                          Hey!!! I resemble that stuff!!! I hardly ever get on Facebook, but my occupation is MAN WIFE!!!! Get you some of that!!! In reality, I love this way more than being in corporate life. I miss my employees (family really), but it sure beats the hell out of sitting in traffic every day!!! ;):Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Doing the dishes and laundry and running the terrible vacuum is not so bad!!! I have a boatload of planes, and the only thing I have to do is move them to clean around the ones in the house!!! :Scared::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Hey!!! I resemble that stuff!!! I hardly ever get on Facebook, but my occupation is MAN WIFE!!!! Get you some of that!!! In reality, I love this way more than being in corporate life. I miss my employees (family really), but it sure beats the hell out of sitting in traffic every day!!! ;):Cool::Cool:
                              I hear ya. I tried the corporate life for 15 months once. Never again. Hated working downtown. My last job, I took out all my aggression at work. I broke the speed limit, blew through red lights, made lots of noise and drove down the wrong side of the street. The best part was - nobody seemed to mind. Once I got home and the heart slowed down, I was happy to say, "Yes, ma'am. No, ma'am!"

Comment

• I resemble that description also I'm retired and after all the years my wife took care of the home front because I was working and flying all around the world with the Air Force, I give my wife a break but still fly my planes and do what I want.

Comment

• The big bird makes wish a B52 was in the works. Or a B36.

Comment

• Got it all done. Just waiting for Callie's decals. It all went together very well. Nothing serious to remark about. Fit and finish is quite good. Everything tested out good, nothing sticky or binding (like the V1 flaps). Programming flaps was fairly easy. Used an 8-ch. RX. Got a HobbyEagle A3-L in there in case it's a "roller coaster". Retracts are a marvel to see in action. 3 out of 4 props needed a little tape to balance, not too bad at all. Even got the cargo door to open and close real slow, not that I plan to drop anything out of it. It's just cute. Using a 2200mah, 4s Turnigy Graphene, it's a little nose heavy, but I'm good with that. Will see if it flies OK like that. If not, I can put in a lighter battery or add a little lead to the tail.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3400.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	202681Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3401.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	202682

Comment

Got it all done. Just waiting for Callie's decals. It all went together very well. Nothing serious to remark about. Fit and finish is quite good. Everything tested out good, nothing sticky or binding (like the V1 flaps). Programming flaps was fairly easy. Used an 8-ch. RX. Got a HobbyEagle A3-L in there in case it's a "roller coaster". Retracts are a marvel to see in action. 3 out of 4 props needed a little tape to balance, not too bad at all. Even got the cargo door to open and close real slow, not that I plan to drop anything out of it. It's just cute. Using a 2200mah, 4s Turnigy Graphene, it's a little nose heavy, but I'm good with that. Will see if it flies OK like that. If not, I can put in a lighter battery or add a little lead to the tail.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3400.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	202681Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3401.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	202682
                                      She looks awesome Viper.

W

Comment

• Looks good viper!

Can you take some pictures of the new v2 flaps and how they work? I would like to see how different from my v1.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
                                          Looks good viper!

Can you take some pictures of the new v2 flaps and how they work? I would like to see how different from my v1.

Thanks!
                                          Having never seen a V1 in person, I'm not sure they work any differently. I thought they were just binding up along their travel (mostly the inboard ones). This V2 seems to have been "fixed" of that problem. Don't know if they cleaned up the molds or just cleaned up the channels/flap pieces during assembly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X