X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Did a test stand motor run... Eflite Power 60. 8mm prop shaft adapter. Master Airscrew 13x8 (3) blade. 10 gauge wire all around. EC-5 connectors. Admiral 5000 mAh 6s. 44.97 amps, 1007 watts, with 9270 RPM full throttle... CC 100 ESC... What do you guys think??
    What's the C ratting on the 5000 6's?

Comment

A 14" prop would be closer to scale (11' 7" full scale dia down to 1/10 would be 13.8"). The amp draw is pretty low for a Power 60. If you've got the clearance, even the MAS 15x7 might be a good choice. They come in tractor and pusher so counter rotating would be possible.

Comment

Going larger than scale prop diameter tends to create clearance issues. Scraping prop blades against the ground or having props interfere with each other.

"Too small" of a prop on an electric motor is never a problem to the motor.

The Power 60 can turn some pretty large props, but you don't have to.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thank you all for the input... Clearance is THE issue. I bought 14x7 for a test. It just barely clears the fuse, but it is so much closer to scale... If they make a 13x10 somewhere, please let me know!! I will buy them right now!!! LOL Thank you all for the inputs... Racing the clock, but very excited!!! Jerry

Comment

Did a test stand motor run... Eflite Power 60. 8mm prop shaft adapter. Master Airscrew 13x8 (3) blade. 10 gauge wire all around. EC-5 connectors. Admiral 5000 mAh 6s. 44.97 amps, 1007 watts, with 9270 RPM full throttle... CC 100 ESC... What do you guys think??
            Have to revise the data. I was doing it from memory... LOL 49.8 amps and 1103 full throttle... But there is an almost two feet of ten (10) gauge extension to the outboard nacelles... Resistance!! :Sweating:

Comment

How many cycles do your batteries have on them?

Comment

About 6 cycles for the one I used in testing...

Comment

My other 5000's have been used in the CZ Cub and the A-10, so we are at 20ish cycles on them...

Comment

Perfect

Comment

Thank you all for the input!!!!! Find me some 13x10 three blades!!! LOL LOL Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Comment

Master airscrew has 13-8 or 13-12 three blade.

13x12 - 3-Blade Propellers for Model R/C Airplanes FB - factory balanced propeller - for more information click here 3 blade model airplane propellers specially developed for the most demanding hobby professionals. Great performance and scale look both for electric motors and glow engines. Carefully crafted from Glass
                        AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                          Master airscrew has 13-8 or 13-12 three blade.

https://www.masterairscrew.com/colle...3x12-propeller
                          I was just on their site searching last week.... Found the 13x8 but not the 13x12.... Thank you , thank you!!!! I appreciate the help of my experienced brothers!!! Thanks!!!:Cool::P:)LOL

Comment

wow I never knew they had a 13x12. Nice

Comment

On order!! 4 normal, 4 reverse..... :P

Comment

Awesomeness!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post

What's the C ratting on the 5000 6's?
                                  They are the Admiral 5000 mAh 6s from Motion. They are rated at 50C. Sorry I missed your question.

Comment

They are the Admiral 5000 mAh 6s from Motion. They are rated at 50C. Sorry I missed your question.
                                    Very good C ratting for your set up.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                      What props you planning to use with the Power 60s?
                                      Now that they are located, 13x12 Master Airscrew standard and pushers....

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                                        From everything stated, your getting there but it seems like your under proping the motors. I would expect a bit higher amp draw at WoT. After test flying my CZ T-28 with the 500Kv Power 60 that comes stock, I switched to an MA 16x10 Beechwood two blade prop. I’m right around 13lbs on that airframe and it rips with lots of extra power. I use a 6s 8000mAh battery and come in at 80Amp at WoT.

Do do you have any way to test how many pounds of force your developing on the 13x8’s...?
                                        I am going to make a rig using a digital fish scale and see what we get for thrust... Will advise when that is done. It will be this week for sure!

Comment

OK.... I think I am caught up on answering questions.... Going back to bed for an hour or two. Then on to soldering some more motor leads and other fun stuff... :P Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X