Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great project and following your progress. Nice work.

Comment

Its gonna be awesome to see this one take to the skys.

Comment

Thanks you all for the kind words! I did some work on the project this weekend. Nothing to post pictures of though... I ordered another 5 reference books from Amazon. Three of them just came in today. I started to find and sort all the pieces and parts that I removed when I stripped it down for sanding and priming. I have several tubs with all the parts in them. I also started to organize and cut the main extension wires for the motors. After I do a little cleaning of the work table, I plan on continuing all the soldering for the motors and the remaining ESC's... :) Also, the other orders I placed will be here tomorrow. The 13x12 Master Airscrews are coming today!! So another test this evening, and then all the data that I gather will be posted here!

Comment

Well, I read the tracking data incorrectly on the Master Airscrew props... They are coming tomorrow along with a bunch of other stuff!!! So, no new test data reports today.... :( But it is getting close to quitting time anyway!! :Drinks:

Comment

Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Comment

The deliveries have started. Received the order from Horizon Hobby. www.horizonhobby.com. Found wheels there, that are close to scale and almost the right size. The 1/4" aircraft ply was in the order for the motor mounts and ESC mounts. 36 inch receiver extension. 24 inch telemetry extension for a temp sensor. Amazon sent the B-17G pilot's manual. Waiting on UPS for the Master Airscrew props, and then FedEx for the mini table saw... :):Cool:

Comment

I sorted my Tamiya paints yesterday evening to see what I have. I think all of the XF (flat) colors are covered!!!

Comment

Sure is a lot of paint

Comment

Good times?:Cool:

Comment

Comment

1/3 is a huge project!!! Good for him for finishing it!!! :Cool:

Comment

I can't even begin to feel his kind of pain 17 years!! Now Mr. Hardway get back to work sir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                            I can't even begin to feel his kind of pain 17 years!! Now Mr. Hardway get back to work sir!!!
                            Roger!!! Working on a martini now.... Oh wait.... LOL :Scared::Drinks: Just having fun!!! Blessings!!! Jerry BTW, FedEx finally brought my mini table saw. Glad I paid 28.00 for two day shipping and ordered before noon last Thursday...…..:Angry:

Comment

Well still less than a weeks time, but two day shipping took almost a week and theres no holiday to hold it back with either.:Confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Roger!!! Working on a martini now.... Oh wait.... LOL :Scared::Drinks: Just having fun!!! Blessings!!! Jerry BTW, FedEx finally brought my mini table saw. Glad I paid 28.00 for two day shipping and ordered before noon last Thursday...…..:Angry:
                                Maybe I'll join you!!:wacky:Drinks:

Comment

Cheers my Brother!!!! CHEERS!!!

Comment

Ok party is over, what ya doing?

Just making sure you hit that dead line you know. Love seeing her updated.

Comment

Ran a few bench tests this morning with the new props! Looks good so far!!! Eflite Power 60. 470KV. Master Airscrew 13 x 12 3 Blade. Admiral 5000 mAh 6S 50C. EC5 connectors. 10AWG motor extension 24" long. Starting battery voltage 25.17 V. Running at 1/2 throttle. 44.9 amps / 1175 watts. Running at Full throttle. 64.8 amps / 1501 watts. Also, I moved the watt meter from the battery end to the motor end of the extension, and the readings were almost identical... I guess that is a good thing!!! :Confused::). Heat is nominal. The wires are barely warm. The motor is the hottest, but the ambient air temperature here is 98F now. Ran for 1 minute at 1/2 throttle, then a short break, then another minute at the same setting. The battery had 80 percent remaining...

Comment

Now I am going to drill the 13 x 12 3 blade REVERSE pitch prop and install it. Then, do the same readings. Do you guys think there is any benefit to reversing the direction via the ESC programming or just switch the two motor leads??

Comment

• Just easier to switch two and be done, then color code the ends to match the change. R.
                                          AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                          X