X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
    Just easier to switch two and be done, then color code the ends to match the change. R.
    That is what I normally do. I also like the idea of all the ESC's being programmed the same. That way if I have to do a change in the field with a spare, they are all the same.... ;) Thanks for the input!! Do the numbers look better now? I think they are much better than the 13 x 8 props.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JFandL View Post
      Ok party is over, what ya doing?

Just making sure you hit that dead line you know. Love seeing her updated.
      This is what I have been doing!!!! LOL I had an infestation of fire ants in the kitchen yesterday. They are looking for water. It is sooooo dry. Anyway, had to clear all the counters and use ant spray and then treat the outside of the house too.... Really not in the plan!!! Ha!!! Anyway, they are gone now....

Comment

• Hope for good!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          Now I am going to drill the 13 x 12 3 blade REVERSE pitch prop and install it. Then, do the same readings. Do you guys think there is any benefit to reversing the direction via the ESC programming or just switch the two motor leads??
          OK. Just ran the same set of tests. The reverse pitch was 63.3 amps / 1440 watts. A few watts less than the normal pitch, but still close...
          Last edited by Hardway; Jul 26, 2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

This is what I have been doing!!!! LOL I had an infestation of fire ants in the kitchen yesterday. They are looking for water. It is sooooo dry. Anyway, had to clear all the counters and use ant spray and then treat the outside of the house too.... Really not in the plan!!! Ha!!! Anyway, they are gone now....
            Hardway, "Man plans, God laughs." Best Always, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

OK. Just ran the same set of tests. The reverse pitch was 63.3 watts / 1440 watts. A few watts less than the normal pitch, but still close...
              Itll still work

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hardway, "Man plans, God laughs." Best Always, LB
                Amen!!! I just roll with the punches and go with the flow... Still just happy to be alive, free and in Texas!!! Woo Hoo!!! Really, very blessed and thankful!!!!! :Cool:

Comment

Amen!!! I just roll with the punches and go with the flow... Still just happy to be alive, free and in Texas!!! Woo Hoo!!! Really, very blessed and thankful!!!!! :Cool:
                  Even with the fire ants WTG! :Cool:

Comment

• Yes yes indeed my son and I got in 15 flights today :)

Comment

• Fantastic!!!

Comment

• I forgot to give the RPM's on the tests.... Both 13 x 12 x 3 Blade props, both normal and reverse, were running about 8800 RMP at full throttle.... Just verified it again. I still have not tested the thrust yet. I will build the rig ASAP. I need to know just to be sure. ;)

Comment

• Yes indeed, I'm stoked to see what you get

Comment

• I asked my son for his digital fish scale this weekend and he forgot to give it to me. Every day since, he comes home from work and I forget to remind him to find it.... I may just make the trip to Wal Mart or Academy.... I can buy ammo while I am there!!! LOL

Comment

• On the test stand, I am using a 1/4 inch piece of aircraft birch plywood. When I go over half throttle, the plywood starts to bend quite a bit, so I am hopeful for good thrust numbers!!! If I get 11-12lbs from each motor, that is a 1:1 for a B-17G!!! Woo Hoo! Do a trick!!! LOL

Comment

• Rolling harriers!! LOL:Cool:

Comment

I asked my son for his digital fish scale this weekend and he forgot to give it to me. Every day since, he comes home from work and I forget to remind him to find it.... I may just make the trip to Wal Mart or Academy.... I can buy ammo while I am there!!! LOL
                                  Ammo makes everything better!:Cool::)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Ammo makes everything better!:Cool::)
                                    So does Myers Rum.LOL

Comment

• :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

• YES!!!

Comment

• Good morning!!! Getting an early start today. The first thing on the to-do list today is to email some old friends about the CG location on this bird. The last time I set up the CG was in 2008, so I want to refresh my memory and be certain before the test flight. :Thinking: If any of you can help, that would be great. It is a WESTCRAFT B-17G with 120" wingspan. Full fiberglass fuse, manufactured in the late 80's or early 90's. Any CG data that you can gather would be of great value!!! If any of you have an account on RC Groups or RC Universe, could you please pass my question along? Thanks so much and have a great day!!! Psalm 118:24 :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X