X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing B-17 parts?

Hi guys I really want the freewing B-17 but was informed there is no parts nor will there ever be. Does anyone know if there are any anywhere? Otherwise it’s a bad decision to buy. Thanks!

I've got one and love it. If you want spare parts you can get them from RC-Castle, I've bought stuff from them when Motion was out of stock. Shipping is fast and inexpensive.

They've also got stuff for the silver one. I'd pick up some spare props and whatever else you think you'll break. In two years of flying haven't needed any spare parts.

- Precision Scale And High Performance Aircraft.- With Electric Servoless Retract Landing Gear Installed.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      I've got one and love it. If you want spare parts you can get them from RC-Castle, I've bought stuff from them when Motion was out of stock. Shipping is fast and inexpensive.

They've also got stuff for the silver one. I'd pick up some spare props and whatever else you think you'll break. In two years of flying haven't needed any spare parts.
      Not many part there any more. FYI
      AMA 424553

Comment

Time to break out the 3d printers!

Comment

I’ve had the HobbyKing B-17 for five years and consider it to be the closer to scale of the two. 74 inch wingspan. It has around 60 flights on it now without incident and is always a crowd pleaser.

H-King (PNP) B-17 F/G Silver Flying Fortress V2 (1875mm) EPO foam, realistic scale detail, plug and fly out of the box. Flying the Big B-17 is as gentle as flying an RC trainer.

Comment

That does look nice

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              That does look nice
              I currently fly four of these HK B-17s! So very much fun!

Bob

Comment

I might have to pick one of those up!

Comment

Fast and inexpensive even from overseas?
                  I

Comment

I did some repaint as their colors were a bit off. Use MAS three blades instead of stock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	167F3777-81B1-422C-9496-75FE989920AE.jpeg
Views:	776
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	159752

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heavies.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	159776 With a little paint and some decals from Callie Graphics, you can have any scheme you want!

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
                        I
                        They also have a US warehouse as well

Comment

The big problem was (and maybe still is) HK's haphazard method of having spare parts available. This is one of the reasons that I have so many HK B-17s. I love this plane so much, I did not want to NOT have one to fly due to it suddenly being "discontinued".

Comment

Let's be honest, Bob, your bomber fleet is limited solely by physical space in your house. If you lived in a Costco sized warehouse it would be full of Fortresses and one day a few B-29s.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Let's be honest, Bob, your bomber fleet is limited solely by physical space in your house. If you lived in a Costco sized warehouse it would be full of Fortresses and one day a few B-29s.
                              You know me all too well, Alpha! (the majority of my B-17 fleet is still in boxes!)

Good to hear from you. I saw your vid on the F22 tonight! Nice one

Bob

Comment

I may have to give one a chance!

Comment

AWESOME! I might have to check that aircraft out!

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
                                    I
                                    I think you are thinking of RC Castle when you asked this question. Fast, yes. I've gotten parts from them in just over a week. The box is generally packed within a few hours of the order going in and is ready for the postal truck to pick it up. The box is usually at my port of entry in 2 days. The rest of the delay is customs. Inexpensive? It depends on what you're ordering, how big the box is and what method of shipping you choose. They usually use Hong Kong Post as their cheapest choice and it's not so bad. If you want it really quick, then you pick a courier type of shipping like FedEx (or their equivalent) at a higher cost. Then you pay brokerage, taxes and other fees when it gets to your door. That's just the way it is. If you want it "yesterday", you WILL pay. For me, nothing in this hobby is needed in that much of a hurry.

Comment

Seems they brought it back if you'll look

Comment

Working...
                                      X