X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Aros;n202903]

I have a Ford Flex which is pretty roomy but I have to angle her in to get her past a couple elements before I can sit her straight forward and back. Not sure how much room the Edge has compared to the Flex.

Although just looking at a photo of the back of the Edge it sure looks like it would fit, especially assuming those back seats fold down flat.

Click image for larger version Name:	71xSijWcCGL._SX425_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	202904awesome thank you, and yes the seats fold down, man these planes get much bigger I’m going to have to get a trailer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by John_53_70 View Post
      awesome thank you, and yes the seats fold down, man these planes get much bigger I’m going to have to get a trailer lol
      Tell me about it! LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian62580 View Post
        Bonjour à tous.
        Je viens de terminer le montage de mon Corsair, mais après vérification de l'ensemble, je me suis aperçu que mon moteur n'est pas monté droit. De ce fait, l'hélice n'est pas parallèle au capot du fuselage (2mm de différence par rapport au capot moteur). Pensez-vous que cela aura une incidence sur le vol de l'avion?
        Merci d'avance, Christian.
        Bonjour christan Votre photo montre la quantité normale d’angle de poussée droite. Cela est nécessaire pour compenser la taille de la grande hélice et minimiser le gouvernail approprié au décollage. J'ai posé la même question plus tôt dans ce forum. Je vais chercher le message et lier les informations pour vous. Bonne chance Riches

link:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1052/4162/products/17_d9b0dbec-2808-47d8-ae2c-2c241696a121_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544455296 FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well

Comment

• Success with replacing the stock main wheels with 3.5" Robarts! I did two test flights this evening with my new Robart main wheels and was quite pleased with the initial results. I was having a devil of a time making consistent full flap landings without the plane often bouncing back into the air and having to do a go around, or worse! My experience tonight was that the Robarts not only "stuck" the two landings with zero bounce, but also helped a lot in promoting the smooth directional control on the takeoff roll, too. Plus, the larger size and look of these wheels make this plane look even better! More tests to go, but I feel a lot better about making a good quality, scale looking two point, tail low landings, consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

AS someone who build for a living I will tell you step one is to never use black on anything. Pretty much never. Always use dark greys light greys browns mixed with purples.
            Do you by chance have YouTube videos on how you do your weathering?

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

You know what? That may work.
              I'll see if I can find something when I go to the recycling center this week.
              Thanks for the idea.

Tom
              I used plastic sheet that's pretty thin that I got from hobby lobby, cut them to match the indents on the plane, painted them up in blue top, black on the underside, foam tacked them on with glue on the front edge about 1/8 of an inch, then wrapped the cowl in a piece of wire..working it back into the flaps until they expanded up. Then painted the wire. Worked really well I thought. Will upload a picture tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                Success with replacing the stock main wheels with 3.5" Robarts! I did two test flights this evening with my new Robart main wheels and was quite pleased with the initial results. I was having a devil of a time making consistent full flap landings without the plane often bouncing back into the air and having to do a go around, or worse! My experience tonight was that the Robarts not only "stuck" the two landings with zero bounce, but also helped a lot in promoting the smooth directional control on the takeoff roll, too. Plus, the larger size and look of these wheels make this plane look even better! More tests to go, but I feel a lot better about making a good quality, scale looking two point, tail low landings, consistently.
                Nice! Always great when a mod enhances the experience for a flyer. Did you have to add nose weight?
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Bonjour christan Votre photo montre la quantité normale d’angle de poussée droite. Cela est nécessaire pour compenser la taille de la grande hélice et minimiser le gouvernail approprié au décollage. J'ai posé la même question plus tôt dans ce forum. Je vais chercher le message et lier les informations pour vous. Bonne chance Riches

link:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ingspan/page80
                  Bonjour RichJ53.
                  Merci pour l'info. J'ai parcouru tout le forum pour avoir une réponse, mais je n'ai rien trouvé. Pas facile avec le traducteur pour les termes techniques. Amitiés de la France.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Nice! Always great when a mod enhances the experience for a flyer. Did you have to add nose weight?
                    No, I rebalanced it with the gear down and upside down and it was spot on to the manufacturer's suggested CG location which I think was 100mm aft of the forward part of the wing. Flies great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian62580 View Post

Bonjour RichJ53.
                      Merci pour l'info. J'ai parcouru tout le forum pour avoir une réponse, mais je n'ai rien trouvé. Pas facile avec le traducteur pour les termes techniques. Amitiés de la France.:Cool:
                      Bonjour Christian

Je suis heureux de vous aider mon ami en France. Mon Français est pauvre parce que je ne l'utilise plus beaucoup. (J'ai travaillé pour Alstom T-D / retraité) et le traducteur aide vraiment. Le moteur Corsair a d'énormes effets de couple. Ajouter lentement de la puissance pour le décollage ou le nez tirera à gauche très rapidement. C'est un bel avion et mon préféré de tous les temps

salut
                      riche

Comment

No, I rebalanced it with the gear down and upside down and it was spot on to the manufacturer's suggested CG location which I think was 100mm aft of the forward part of the wing. Flies great!
                        I believe it should be balanced with the gear up.

Tom

Comment

• Here's the full video of my Corsair beach flying.
                          #FPV, #drone, #quadcopter, #northeastfpv, #aerials, #GoPro, #immersionrc, #lrs, #longrange, #UAV, #FPVracing, #wing, #fx-79, #LongRange, #Drohne, #fx79, #bixler, #aerialvideo, #warbirds, #boystoys, #multirotor, #serioustoys, #motionrc

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                            Here's the full video of my Corsair beach flying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7gRVcZ6Moc
                            Sweet flight! Love the location and angles. :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                              Here's the full video of my Corsair beach flying.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7gRVcZ6Moc
                              Awesome shots! Very nice flight and thanks for sharing
                              Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Bonjour Christian

Je suis heureux de vous aider mon ami en France. Mon Français est pauvre parce que je ne l'utilise plus beaucoup. (J'ai travaillé pour Alstom T-D / retraité) et le traducteur aide vraiment. Le moteur Corsair a d'énormes effets de couple. Ajouter lentement de la puissance pour le décollage ou le nez tirera à gauche très rapidement. C'est un bel avion et mon préféré de tous les temps

salut
                                riche
                                Bonjour Riche.
                                C'est vrai, le traducteur aide beaucoup, mais pas évident pour les traduction Anglais-Français pour les termes technique.
                                Bonne continuation, Christian.:Cool:

Comment

Tom
                                  :Smug: For rearward-retracting gears.... everyone seems to be firmly in one camp or the other about this, as in:

balance with gear up: you're balancing for flying, and this model will become nose-heavy for landing....
                                  balance with gear down: you're balancing for landing, and this model will be tail-heavy for flying...

BUT... but but... MRC's recommended CG is nose-heavy with almost all of their planes.. (which is good for stability, but not ideal). So... with that in mind, shift your thinking a bit (shift the CG, ha!) and method #2 is probably best if you're using the manual's CG as your target. In other words, its not actually tail heavy with the gear up. Do some flight testing and you'll see.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Tom
                                    Hmmm...I've always been told the gear should be in the down position for the CG test. Does anybody else have views on this? If I've been doing it wrong, I'm sure happy to change.
                                    Thanks

Comment

Hmmm...I've always been told the gear should be in the down position for the CG test. Does anybody else have views on this? If I've been doing it wrong, I'm sure happy to change.
                                      Thanks
                                      This is always dependent upon who is telling you. Taking into consideration the following quote:
                                      Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                      balance with gear up: you're balancing for flying, and this model will become nose-heavy for landing....
                                      balance with gear down: you're balancing for landing, and this model will be tail-heavy for flying...
                                      I have ALWAYS balanced my plane, regardless of how the gear retracts, gear up. My philosophy is this ............ when I'm taking off and/or landing, I'm working the sticks more to keep the plane going where and how I want. It's not that hard to add in more stick input to compensate for change in balance due to the gear being down. Taking off and landing is a small period of time compared to the over-all flying time when the gear is up (unless you're one of those guys who seem to leave the gear down the bulk of the flight - I'm still scratching my head over this one -- I get them things UP ASAP. If the plane has a mishap and crashes during take off, there's less stuff to get damaged.). I'd rather have a "balanced" plane for flying.
                                      Ultimately, it's your decision based on how you fly. You can always find rationale (or excuses) for doing it either way.

Comment

• Personally I don't think there is a right or wrong. Like many aspects of this hobby it's all based on preference. Both sides offer compelling reasons why to CG with gear up or down. For me personally I always CG with gear down and it has worked just fine for me over the years. Another aspect to consider is to create flight modes if your radio supports it (most do these days). This "auto-trims" your model based on the configuration it is in which really takes the pressure (literally!) off.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• ^ Agreed!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X