X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more pic's
    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• pic's
      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• last bunch of pic's

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
          last bunch of pic's
          Great photos, do you rent your son out? Definitely looks like the "real McCoy".
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Paladin's photos just accentuate the iconic profile this bird has in the air. I have to thank Alpha and the rest of the design team at Motion and Flight Line for coming out with the absolute perfect foam electric warbird; Perfect size, well balanced, powerful enough motor and all the bells and whistles you need for a decent price (and the ability to add any modification you want). My only complaint would be the engine cowls, but I'm sure the foam mold for that would be difficult and add to the cost, but I'm not patient enough or talented enough to modify it like Bobaroo, or it would be 100%. I've always loved this plane above others since the Black Sheep series and it is a true joy to have one. Wish they'd bring back the series, but I guess everyone is only interested in Naked and Afraid.

Didn't realize until I was doing some research for my build out that the wing configuration design was to keep the massive propeller from striking the carrier deck while still having normal length landing gear and not some new aerodynamic innovation. Of course that, coupled with the long "Jimmy Durante" nose made it impossible to see what was directly in front of the plane while the tail wheel was down. I too have problems seeing where I'm going, but that's with all my planes.

Now Alpha, stop resting on your laurels (OK, the F4 and F-18 were pretty cool too) and get busy with a tricked out B-17 for my other favorite series, 12 O'clock High.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
              And Obviously your elevator trim is dependent on throttle/speed setting. I like to set trim for normal level flying with the Corsair at 60-65% throttle, my standard cruising speed with this plane. For take-off flaps, I like it slightly nose down attitude at 50% throttle (which allows me to lift off at a time and speed of my choosing), and for landing flaps, I trim the elevator for level flying at 40% throttle, giving me a slow decent rate to the strip at my control. Using the trim Setup menu with Flight modes makes it simple to configure the attitude to your preference on the first flight.
              Tis a good idea man...think I will try it tomorrow. I have always set tones for landing throttle but never thought about trim setup in flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post

Tis a good idea man...think I will try it tomorrow. I have always set tones for landing throttle but never thought about trim setup in flight.
                Takes the worry out of wondering what it's going to do when you deploy flaps, certainly one of the best setups on the transmitter for me. I also have the ailerons trimmable in flight for each flap, so if they don't deflect at the exact same distance, any roll can be corrected. The only way I know I've deployed the flaps is that the plane slows down, absolutely no indication in change in pitch or roll.

I changed my timer tones for landing throttle to voice which also helped me greatly, never got it through my thick skull what a beep was for as I confused it with the timer countdown beeps sometimes. Now it shouts "timer stopped" and I know I'm at my preset "warning" throttle speed for landing.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh, I like that idea on timer, changed mine, will give it a go tomorrow.

ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                    Hugh, I like that idea on timer, changed mine, will give it a go tomorrow.

ken
                    It really made a difference for me, I've used the timer for about 7 years already but just with beeps (to let me know when my battery is low) and never thought about using it to let me know when I hit a predetermined low throttle setting-what a dope! Thank God you guys out there showed me the light. Now that I have the timer set for each plane at my low throttle glide-in for landing, I love it. I clearly understand "Timer Stopped" instead of a bunch of stupid beeps. No more stalls and just the right speed to be able to maintain whatever orientation I want without bouncing. Each plane requires a different low throttle setting for landing, but it only took me a couple of flights to dial it in. Since then, I must have over 75 flights in the last 2 months and for the first time in forever (let's face it, never), my landings are decent (hate to say perfect or I'll jinx it) and haven't had to replace a main or nose retract. All of a sudden, the Corsair lands like a dream, no more premature stalls (now what do I do with all the spare retracts I've accumulated for each plane-if you wondered why Motion is always out of retracts, just look to me, my inventory puts theirs to shame). I realized the retracts were not the planes weak link, the pilot flying my planes was (who me?) As I said previously, I use 40% throttle for the Corsair (with Master Aros's insane landing flap deflections), 30-35% throttle for the F4's and 1700mm P-51 and only 25% throttle for the Spitfire, B-24's and Stinger, while the 60" Extreme Flight planes only need 15%. When I get about 6" off the deck and level, I just slowly reduce throttle and always get nice, smooth 2 point rolls out (or keep the nose up for the F4's and B-24's and get a high alpha touchdown). I think "Mikey Likes It"!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Yes, I agree with everything you said, I too have found the sweet spot (airspeed) for landings. I must have hit the right spot today I was landing at about 15 mph, with about 30% throttle, actually had to add a little down trim. The air was cool & calm, just a beautiful morning.

ken

Comment

Yes, I agree with everything you said, I too have found the sweet spot (airspeed) for landings. I must have hit the right spot today I was landing at about 15 mph, with about 30% throttle, actually had to add a little down trim. The air was cool & calm, just a beautiful morning.

ken
                        Good stuff Ken. My Corsair is a bit heavy with all the extra stuff so I need a bit more throttle on landing but it sure flys smooth. Post any pictures or videos if you got em, love to see everyones babies. If I had room and extra cash, I'd have a full squardren of these.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I have posted these before but will be happy to do it again. I was trying to do Ken Walsh’s Lucky 13
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I had so much fun doing that one I bought another one to do up. Still working on it, here are a few photos.
                            I want to give Callie Graphics a shot out on the nose art, love ❤️ that girl, great work!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Love it! Can't get enough of the weathering I see from folks' Birdcages!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I had so much fun doing that one I bought another one to do up. Still working on it, here are a few photos.
                                I want to give Callie Graphics a shot out on the nose art, love ❤️ that girl, great work!
                                Outstanding, can't get enough of these. Looking forward to seeing #2 with Callie's work.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Ok guys, need a touch of help. Twice I have bought the plastic covers that go on the front of the landing gear legs. Twice I have broken the peg off one side trying to get it in. Feel pretty dumb. Anyone have a cure for my fumbled up fingers on this piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                                    Ok guys, need a touch of help. Twice I have bought the plastic covers that go on the front of the landing gear legs. Twice I have broken the peg off one side trying to get it in. Feel pretty dumb. Anyone have a cure for my fumbled up fingers on this piece?
                                    I had one break.
                                    First thing I did was to make sure the broken pin is not still in the hole.
                                    When installing the cover put one pin in it's hole then slide the other side just inside the housing. I should go in without breaking.
                                    Not sure if I explained the process well.
                                    They did it at the factory so can't be too difficult.
                                    Too bad they're not interchangeable.

Tom

Comment

• Here's a question for you devout MRC foam fans. A couple of weeks ago I stalled the Corsair trying to land in a crosswind. Broke both gear as stated before and one of the gear doors. All is well now but the starboard gear doors don't close all the way. Turns out the servo for the gear doors is stripped. I've been pawing through my old servos from other foam mishaps looking for a servo that will work but no luck yet. Many of them seem to have the same case size but the spline shaft coming out of the servo is different for connecting the servo horn to. I'm trying to avoid yet another order from MRC for one servo. I have parts from an A-10,P-38,and a Spitfire laying around if anybody can name a servo that would work as a replacement or a spare gear door servo from a Corsair?

Comment

• this may be more work than you want but I would take the servo apart and see which gear is stripped. its usually the gear attached to the output shaft, and the fubar'ed teeth will be on one end, cause the door was open. I would pull the gear off the pot and inspect it, looking for only 3 or 4 teeth that are damaged. if so turn it so it only uses the good teeth and push it back down. if teeth don't go all the way around the out put gear you cant do this.

Joe

Comment

• Got to agree with all the recent post about landing, there is indeed a sweet spot and when you find it its pure butter every time. I have a lot of questions regarding flying the Corsair and operations from grass at recent events here over in Europe and I'd assume that quite a few of you in the US fly from grass also, so in case you missed it, here's a recent video show not only how amazing this model is, but especially so from grass.

Comment

Working...
                                          X