X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Here is some panel work to go below the color coat for weathering....
    HW, Beautiful prep work, Sir. :Cool: Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I installed the 3.5 inch Robart wheels today. Ended up using the two extra weights in the cowl and it still goes tail heavy when the gear are up, even with my 5500ma battery in it. Gets worse with my 4500. About right with gear down so I guess it will be okay to fly a maiden with the gear down and see how it reacts when the gear go up. May have to make a couple more weights or bum a couple off of someone who doesn't need them. I think it will be fine but I can always reinstall the original wheels if it doesn't like being so overweight. I seem to remember Yosemite Sam riding an elephant and he didn't much like that beast. lol

Comment

• Redbarn, I bought the 3.5" as well, do you think you can lighten the wheels some? LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Don't really think so LB.

Comment

Here is some panel work to go below the color coat for weathering....
            Nice job on the prep work Bro. Also,I already knew I was going to cut those side panels down before I would EVER build up the sides of the office. No chance!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by 727 Dude View Post
              Howdy everyone! Just joined the forum here as I recently received my Birdcage and wanted to learn as much as I can from you folks here. I LOVE the Corsair and have a bunch of 'em! I saw alot of posts about the gunsite and I just happened to have a Mk8 mod8 gunsite on display with my Hobby Master 1/48 Corsairs. Here are a couple of pics:
              Welcome 727Dude. Could this be a sequel to the Star Wars saga? Corsairs go back in time to avenge Luke's death.LOLOr ...a starfighter flies into the future to help the U.S. Marines at Saipan?:Cool:Remember Final Countdown?:)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Welcome 727Dude. Could this be a sequel to the Star Wars saga? Corsairs go back in time to avenge Luke's death.LOLOr ...a starfighter flies into the future to help the U.S. Marines at Saipan?:Cool:Remember Final Countdown?:)
                Ahhhh yes! Final countdown! One of my favorite movies of all time!! Time travel, Zero's and F-14's. Man it just doesn't get any better!! Thanks for the welcome! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Welcome 727! What a great piece of warbird history, very cool!:Cool:
                  Thanks for the welcome, boomer! :Cool::corsair

Comment

Very cool indeed!!! I need one in my truck.... Oh, nevermind!!! Welcome Bro!!
                    Thanks Hardway! Hmmm, hadn't thought of mounting it in my car. It's a Mustang....could a Corsair sight work in a Mustang? I think the Mustangs had a gyro stabilized gunsight...Confused::corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Wow now that's what I call a "Gunsite" Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Squawk. You'll find a lot of real valuable information and resources here not to mention great guys and comradery. Welcome again - Grover54
                      Thanks Grover!! Seems like a good group of guys here!! Glad to have found it!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

That is a very cool thing to be sitting in your house. Love it!
                        From looking at it, the Mk8 is a match to the gunsight that is attached to the 3D-printed instrument panel - and its easy to see where you could attach a piece of clear plastic to the angled part on the model, to replicate the display screen.
                        Thanks Mudduck! I have to find a place to print out the cockpit parts here and then I will do just that! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Very cool! Welcome!
                          Thanks for the welcome Beeg! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                            I installed the 3.5 inch Robart wheels today. Ended up using the two extra weights in the cowl and it still goes tail heavy when the gear are up, even with my 5500ma battery in it. Gets worse with my 4500. About right with gear down so I guess it will be okay to fly a maiden with the gear down and see how it reacts when the gear go up. May have to make a couple more weights or bum a couple off of someone who doesn't need them. I think it will be fine but I can always reinstall the original wheels if it doesn't like being so overweight. I seem to remember Yosemite Sam riding an elephant and he didn't much like that beast. lol
                            Hey redbarn, did you get the Robart's set #135?

Thanks!

Comment

Very cool indeed!!! I need one in my truck.... Oh, nevermind!!! Welcome Bro!!
                              LOL.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hardway;n176749]
                                Originally posted by apmech1 View Post

Hey Bro.... Still have you and your family in our prayers!!! It is a hard thing to go thru, but we all have to do it!! Hang in there. My Dad died in 1997, and I still miss him!! Big ole R/C hugs!!! ;) Jerry
                                I know this is the Corsair thread, but I wanted you guys to see the finished product for My Dad's A-4 Skyhawk the my kids and I did. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190207_031110.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	177261

Comment

• Nice tribute to your dad. God Bless.

Comment

• Looks great! Very cool! Thank you for sharing the pic. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by 727 Dude View Post

Hey redbarn, did you get the Robart's set #135?

Thanks!
                                      No, They're the straight treaded ones. #116. I think they would probably weigh about the same though, unless there's more differences than the tread design.

Comment

• Yep, same weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                                          [QUOTEI know this is the Corsair thread, but I wanted you guys to see the finished product for My Dad's A-4 Skyhawk the my kids and I did.
                                          APM1, An outstanding remembrance and tribute, my friend. Bravo Zulu to you and your apprentices. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X