Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, the stall beep sounds like a great idea, never sure when I'm at or below 20-25% throttle. What menu do you use to set up the warning. I'll need a fairly specific step by step in programming that cause I'm certainly no computer geek, just turning the transmitter on is a big step for me.:Silly:
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That one would be transmitter specific. I have a spectrum 8 that will actually talk to you at set points but I prefer the "beep" because I am deaf as hell from planes and guns. All of them should have a timer tone you can set. Look into your timer and set the "tone" at 20% throttle..Heck that will remind you for almost every plane. I only have this setup on 6 planes but the timer throttle tone should do it on everyone's. It is a life saver on this one. After I bounced mine off the ground the first two flights...thank God it was only a foot or so up when it stalled..I set up the tone and it's been worry free since. The P38, Tigercat both go at 20% too..have it on a couple of P51s but it's really not needed those are so floaty..with the exception of Flightlines 51. That thing will crush itself in a heartbeat...ask me how I know smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        OK, the stall beep sounds like a great idea, never sure when I'm at or below 20-25% throttle. What menu do you use to set up the warning. I'll need a fairly specific step by step in programming that cause I'm certainly no computer geek, just turning the transmitter on is a big step for me.:Silly:
        What transmitter are you using?

Comment

• As I said, I'm not too sharp with transmitter programming. I have a timer set, but it is for flight time that counts down from a preset time to 0 when throttle is above 25%. This is only a warning for when the battery is getting low and it's time to land. I have a DX 6, so I'm sure I can program it to what you described, just can't figure out how. Played around with the "timer" menu but couldn't figure out how to add a beep when throttle is below 25%. As I said, I'm a bit daft with the "new fangled electronics". If it's more than winding a prop with a rubber band and throwing it in the air, I'm lost.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I started printing the 3Dpup cockpit files and removed the canopy. The inst. panel is too wide. Do I carve out the foam to make it fit?

Tom

Comment

• I was the same way until I got this 8..I will look at my old 6 and see. If no one else chimes in I will have an answer for you tonight. Where that timer set up is there should be a line that says either alarm or tone if you click on it you can set it to two or three different things. My 8 is just ON for below 20%...I think there is an always too. Try clicking on tone or alarm possibly the section under it that says on or off. I use a spektrum8

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                I started printing the 3Dpup cockpit files and removed the canopy. The inst. panel is too wide. Do I carve out the foam to make it fit?

Tom
                Do you have the Bubbletop? The 3D fits the Birdcage fine, but needs some tweaking for the Bubbletop. Check with Elbee and see. I think he has the updated files. We measured everything out.... ;):Cool: Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Do you have the Bubbletop? The 3D fits the Birdcage fine, but needs some tweaking for the Bubbletop. Check with Elbee and see. I think he has the updated files. We measured everything out.... ;):Cool: Jerry
                  Yes, I have the bubble top. I think I found the correct files now. If I have any more problems I'll contact Elbee.
                  Thanks

Tom

Comment

• Hi guys. I also have a DX8 and have my timer that starts when above 20-25% throttle. This sounds a beep and starts the timer to count down. Anytime I go below that throttle setting it beeps again, an again when I go above it. I also use this as my landing throttle setting with full flaps. I also adjust it to accommodate the wind conditions. I’ve been busy this past few weeks and haven’t flown much. I’m Jonesin for some air time.
                    happy landings!!

Comment

• My timer is the same as yours Md-cobra. I also have it set for voice alert at 1:00, 30 sec and expiration, with tone at 20 sec, 10 sec and every 1 minute after expiration. I think prestonowtm has a continuous beeping tone when below 25%, or maybe not? Mine only gives a single tone when I first go above 25% or a single tone when I go below 25%, which I can change to voice saying timer start or timer stop. Unfortunately, on top of being blind, I'm also deaf from playing in a jazz and rock band for too many years in an earlier life and going through massive amounts of ammo with my gun collection in preparation for the next revolution so I need to figure out how to make my transmitter whack me over the head with a 2X4 at these important times (yah, get in line with the thousands outside my door with a 2X4-the wifey is at the head). :Silly:
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Mine only gives a single tone when I first go above 25% or a single tone when I go below 25%
                        That's all it's supposed to do.

Comment

• Got it, man am I stupid! :Silly:I've had it that way for years now and with all the tones going off for the timer countdown, never realized one was for throttle below my preset mark, as usually coming in for landing as the tones go off for 30-20-10 seconds, couldn't discern one for throttle below 25% from the others. Changing it to the voice for the throttle, which now says "timer off", which can alert me to throttle below 25%. Probably now just sensory overload with voice commands for gear, high/mid/low rates, flap positions, flight mode and throttle cut. Now all I need is a "master caution" alert for stall and terrain warning and I can blow my brains out with a smile on my face. :Scared:

Thanks again xviper for setting me straight.:Cool:
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• The stall speed warning is a good idea. I have a Dx9 and will try to find this function. Although I am not able to fly right now from arthritic hips, I still read the post daily and try to learn something new each time. Prestonowtm you noted that you did so with your Dx8. Would you mind sharing with me how you did this since the DX8 and 9 are very similar. Would appreciate the learning opportunity. Thanks.

Comment

• On your timer, if you set a tone or voice alarm when below a certain throttle position, say 20%. You should also hear a tone or voice alarm when you go over that same 20% setting. It's basically stopping/starting your timer at that throttle %.
                              Therefore, say your timer is set for 5 minutes and your below 20% for 30 seconds during your flight, your actual flight will be 5 mins 30 secs.
                              Tom

Comment

Got it, man am I stupid! :Silly:I've had it that way for years now and with all the tones going off for the timer countdown, never realized one was for throttle below my preset mark, as usually coming in for landing as the tones go off for 30-20-10 seconds, couldn't discern one for throttle below 25% from the others. Changing it to the voice for the throttle, which now says "timer off", which can alert me to throttle below 25%. Probably now just sensory overload with voice commands for gear, high/mid/low rates, flap positions, flight mode and throttle cut. Now all I need is a "master caution" alert for stall and terrain warning and I can blow my brains out with a smile on my face. :Scared:

As for being stupid, I think your just pulling our collective leg. Your Grammar and verbage certainly seems to indicate a not so stupid individual.

Tom

Comment

• Ok, started printing the cockpit for the Bubble Top Yesterday. Printed the inst. panel...too wide. Reduced it to 87% and fits like a glove. The side panels are too long, will trim as needed (I'd scale them down but almost out of filament). The rear plate, I forget the actual name, has the curvature for the birdcage.
                                  I just printed the head rest and will mount it above the seat.
                                  Anyway, with a bit of adjusting I'll "git er dun".
                                  I won't be entering it in any scale contests so will be "good nuff".

Tom

Comment

Probably now just sensory overload with voice commands for gear, high/mid/low rates, flap positions, flight mode and throttle cut. Now all I need is a "master caution" alert for stall and terrain warning and I can blow my brains out with a smile on my face. :Scared:

:Cool: Could one say that with too many tones, one can go "tone deaf"? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                      The stall speed warning is a good idea. I have a Dx9 and will try to find this function. Although I am not able to fly right now from arthritic hips, I still read the post daily and try to learn something new each time. Prestonowtm you noted that you did so with your Dx8. Would you mind sharing with me how you did this since the DX8 and 9 are very similar. Would appreciate the learning opportunity. Thanks.
                                      I think we should make the point that this isn't a real "stall speed warning". It might mislead people into thinking that at a certain throttle setting for a foam, electric model (in this case, a FL Corsair), that this is the actual stall speed of the model. It's whatever a pilot wants to call it to remind him/her that's what should be noted as a throttle setting for the final landing approach (just prior to touchdown) so as to achieve a better landing, given the specific degree of flap deployment. If you flew the plane at or near that throttle setting for the whole flight, it's entirely possible and likely that it will still stall in straight flight. Throw in even a slight crosswind and you could be hooped. You might want to test that up high and see what happens.

Comment

• Perhaps call it a "rate of descent" throttle percent!

Lower the landing gear, lower the flaps, set the throttle, set the transmitter down and pick up your beer. The darn Corsair will make a perfect 2 point landing.
                                        WHAT IF !!

Tom

Comment

• I call it my landing approach throttle setting beep. I drop the gear and flaps on downwind then drop the throttle on base, rather than final, to a preset beep around 30% instead of 20%. It's a higher percentage than what's been stated but the plane has a little more time to bleed off airspeed. In this scenario, I can leave it at this throttle setting 'til main gear touch down and then slowly pull back the throttle for the tailwheel to settle and let it slow down before trying to turn the plane around. For me,landings are more consistant this way. Also, at the higher setting, I don't have to worry so much about a torque roll if I have to throttle up for a go around but what ever works.:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X