X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I feel for you man. Getting old is not for the young. I am staying in the game due to a drug that would cost me $4000. a month if I didn't have insurance. Sounds like yours is osteo arthritus. I have that plus Psoriatic(a form of rhematoid) arthritus and some other stuff for good measure. Don't let it beat you!!:Cool:
    I have that too Brad. It flat out sucks. I can barely walk this morning. I am 53... :Straight-Face: But, praise the Lord, I can still walk and fly! Hang in there Bro! Praying for you all!

Comment

• Feeling for you Hardway and Dwl.

Getting old does suck but it's better than the alternative. Some don't get to be old.

Boy, not one comment on my cockpit.

Tom

Comment

• Sorry about the no comment Tom and thanks for the kind words. Yes we're lucky to still be on the right side of the grass. Your cockpit looks great...nice detail. I've got everything to do my cockpit but haven't had the time. On top of everything else we just got a new puppy. Cute little mini aussie but she is turning our world upside down. Busy with the invisible dog fence and so on.

Comment

• I got a new insulin pump...$12,500. Every 3 months 1,500 out of pocket just for the stupid plastic pits to hook my self to the pump. Doesn't count insulin (300 a vial w/o insurance), test strips, etc. I'm only 31.
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Praying for all of us! Hang in there and have faith! It will all work out! Love you guys! ;):Cool::Cool: jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
              Finally have my cockpit in the Corsair...modified the 3D Pup files (scaled them down).
              Only printed the head rest from the seat back. Also scaled up the seat.
              Printed an image I found online for the gauges. Cut each gauge out and glued in place behind the inst panel.

Tom

PS: next stage will be weathering.
              Nice! Love the Corsair. What a great canvas for weathering! :Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20190605_194431.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	202653 A little off topic but here's the new puppy. She's pretty much why I'm getting nothing else done right now. Three weeks tomorrow that we've had her and she's fifteen weeks old.

Comment

• Oh my. Cute!!!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• DWL: We have a new puppy also. We got her when she was just 12 wks old. She's now 16 wks.

Ok, back to the Corsair. I'm about ready to do some weathering and maybe add cowl flaps. Undecided if I should use thin balsa or thermo plastic for them. Both can be curved but balsa wouldn't take much at all to break.
                    Since I need to remove the wing to load the plane in my vehicle it has to go on my stand. Thinking thermo plastic would take more abuse than balsa.

Tom

Comment

• I would go with thermo plastic. I would be happy to be the guinea pig? LOLLOL;):)
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190626_213137.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	202853 Had a few real good flights tonight with the Corsair, I'm loving how smooth this bird flies. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190626_192614.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	202854

Comment

• I've done this before I made them out of ~.020 steel from McMaster carr. I bent the hinged edges over by clamping it in a vice, bending it over and burnishing a sharp corner with some scrap pine. you might have to rotate the jaws in the vice to make them stand above the vice so the second ear can be bent. then got a can about the size (now it would be plastic). filled it with expanding foam then put two slots in it to clear the ears and burnished it to the curvature I wanted. drilled the hinge holes then used one peace of .032 dia music wire through the ears of the flaps. connections to the fuse where between the flaps. used a nyrod to open ad shut them placed close to the hinge and also going through the hinge edges. the nyrod would expand as the engine got hot and the flaps would react.

Joe
                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                            I've done this before I made them out of ~.020 steel from McMaster carr. I bent the hinged edges over by clamping it in a vice, bending it over and burnishing a sharp corner with some scrap pine. you might have to rotate the jaws in the vice to make them stand above the vice so the second ear can be bent. then got a can about the size (now it would be plastic). filled it with expanding foam then put two slots in it to clear the ears and burnished it to the curvature I wanted. drilled the hinge holes then used one peace of .032 dia music wire through the ears of the flaps. connections to the fuse where between the flaps. used a nyrod to open ad shut them placed close to the hinge and also going through the hinge edges. the nyrod would expand as the engine got hot and the flaps would react.

Joe
                            Good thinking. That may work on a plane with an IC engine. I'm not thinking it would work in this case.
                            Don't think I'd go with operating cowl flaps, just partially open for the effect.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by simonslim View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20190626_213137.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	202853 Had a few real good flights tonight with the Corsair, I'm loving how smooth this bird flies.
                              Wow what a great ocean-side shot!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Wow what a great ocean-side shot!
                                Agrees with Aros.

Comment

• Before I install thermo plastic cowl flaps I'll do some homework. Namely painting the plastic dark blue and leaving it out in the hot Georgia sun to see if it will deform.

Tom

Comment

• Can any of y’all tell me if this plane will fit in a mid sized ford suv fully constructed, a Ford Edge to be Specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_53_70 View Post
                                      Can any of y’all tell me if this plane will fit in a mid sized ford suv fully constructed, a Ford Edge to be Specific.
                                      I have a Ford Flex which is pretty roomy but I have to angle her in to get her past a couple elements before I can sit her straight forward and back. Not sure how much room the Edge has compared to the Flex.

Although just looking at a photo of the back of the Edge it sure looks like it would fit, especially assuming those back seats fold down flat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	71xSijWcCGL._SX425_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	202904
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                                        Before I install thermo plastic cowl flaps I'll do some homework. Namely painting the plastic dark blue and leaving it out in the hot Georgia sun to see if it will deform.

Tom
                                        Hey what about finding a plastic bottle, like a small bleach bottle or something with the same radius as the cowl and cutting the cowl flaps out of that assuring the curve of the flaps match? Just a thought.:Ligthbulb:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Hey what about finding a plastic bottle, like a small bleach bottle or something with the same radius as the cowl and cutting the cowl flaps out of that assuring the curve of the flaps match? Just a thought.:Ligthbulb:
                                          You know what? That may work.
                                          I'll see if I can find something when I go to the recycling center this week.
                                          Thanks for the idea.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X