X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spitfire4life View Post
    Got to agree with all the recent post about landing, there is indeed a sweet spot and when you find it its pure butter every time. I have a lot of questions regarding flying the Corsair and operations from grass at recent events here over in Europe and I'd assume that quite a few of you in the US fly from grass also, so in case you missed it, here's a recent video show not only how amazing this model is, but especially so from grass.

Agree with you 1000%. First 20 flights on concrete, last 40 on grass and won't go back. Once I learned the few little extra tricks of grass (and spent 2 months working on my landing skills), since going to grass I have yet to need a single repair (to the gear especially-so what do I do with all these spare retracts ). Everyone says Corsairs are tricky to fly, but not this one; I call it my tail dragging warbird trainer. I learned to keep the nose slightly down for takeoff so it doesn't lift off too soon and stall and do my landing approach at 40% throttle and slowly reduce it from there at 6" off the runway and it is indeed pure butter every time. And in the air it is truely iconic. It flys so smooth and the power plant is all you could ask for. Cruising at 50% throttle and if you want it, kick it into high gear and it seems to whistle. My absolute favorite (but then they all are).
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• ​​ ​​
      Bonjour à tous.Cockpit enfin terminé. Je n'ai pas pu insérer toutes les pièces que j'ai imprimées. L’intérieur du Corsair n'ai pas vraiment au 1/8ème. Le pilote est un peu​ plus petit, pour pouvoir l’insérer à l'intérieur.
      ​​​​​​​Petit problème de peinture, pour faire les retouches. Impossible de trouver la bonne teinte dans mon secteur. A plus, Christian.

Comment

• Did the tri-color scheme on my D Variant and also some weathering. Kinda proud of the results being my first attempt at such an undertaking.

Tom

Comment

• I like it! You did a great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian62580 View Post
            ​​ ​​
            Bonjour à tous.Cockpit enfin terminé. Je n'ai pas pu insérer toutes les pièces que j'ai imprimées. L’intérieur du Corsair n'ai pas vraiment au 1/8ème. Le pilote est un peu​ plus petit, pour pouvoir l’insérer à l'intérieur.
            ​​​​​​​Petit problème de peinture, pour faire les retouches. Impossible de trouver la bonne teinte dans mon secteur. A plus, Christian.
            Chrétienne.
            Le pilote semble un peu petit, mais je ne suis pas inquiet. Les couleurs de peinture que nous avons assorties au magasin Home Depot. Vous pouvez prendre le morceau de queue de votre Corsair afin qu'ils puissent scanner les couleurs.
            riche

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
              Did the tri-color scheme on my D Variant and also some weathering. Kinda proud of the results being my first attempt at such an undertaking.

Tom
              Nice job I fly.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Still more to do but getting there.

Tom

Comment

• If you look closely you probably will recognize 3 or 4 items on my Hellcat. Thank goodness for the Flightline Corsair and her parts to help make this Hellcat look much better. Haven't flown it yet but hopefully soon, and then we'll know for sure if it likes this setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                    If you look closely you probably will recognize 3 or 4 items on my Hellcat. Thank goodness for the Flightline Corsair and her parts to help make this Hellcat look much better. Haven't flown it yet but hopefully soon, and then we'll know for sure if it likes this setup.
                    How's the clearance for the prop? Looks to be minimal.

Tom

Comment

• Am I the only one who’s ESC get very warm or down right hot? After 2 batteries it is very hot to the touch, I fly at or little over 1/2 throttle. I will admit it seems to get hotter & faster at low speeds such as doing touch & go.
                      My air temp is about 77 to 83 F. not that hot but with the humidity lately it feels much warm.

Ken
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Redo, new color, Mr. Rc sound, 2

Comment

How's the clearance for the prop? Looks to be minimal.

Tom
                          Tom, It's 2.5 inches sitting on the tail wheel and 1.5 with the tail level. Yeah, it's not a bunch of clearance but should be fine on a nice enough runway. I heard a pilot that flies a Hellcat say that you have to take off and land em on a three point so you don't hit the prop on the ground.

Comment

• I would like to get a scale cockpit kit, but without a 3D printer. Are there outside sources that produce a kit?

Comment

Did the tri-color scheme on my D Variant and also some weathering. Kinda proud of the results being my first attempt at such an undertaking.Tom
                              Tom, Your paint is outstanding, Sir. Which manufacturers' colors did you use for your Tri-Color livery? I had chosen Model Master match for ANA 806 and 808, (Non-Specular & Intermediate Blue) or vice-versa, I think. I am not at home for a few more weeks, so I can't look to see. Anyway, your colors look great. Best, Steve
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                                this may be more work than you want but I would take the servo apart and see which gear is stripped. its usually the gear attached to the output shaft, and the fubar'ed teeth will be on one end, cause the door was open. I would pull the gear off the pot and inspect it, looking for only 3 or 4 teeth that are damaged. if so turn it so it only uses the good teeth and push it back down. if teeth don't go all the way around the out put gear you cant do this.

Joe
                                Good idea Joe but, unfortunately, there is a slot in the shaft that gear sits on that only allows it to sit one way. Guess I'll wind up ordering a pair of these gear door servos in case it happens again.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Good idea Joe but, unfortunately, there is a slot in the shaft that gear sits on that only allows it to sit one way. Guess I'll wind up ordering a pair of these gear door servos in case it happens again.
                                  its plastic and you have drills (probably small and metric) then shoe goo it back on in the new location. its FUBAR now and you have nothing to loose if you FUBAR the drive gear again ( I don't think there is a term for FUBARed twice).
                                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Tom, Your paint is outstanding, Sir. Which manufacturers' colors did you use for your Tri-Color livery? I had chosen Model Master match for ANA 806 and 808, (Non-Specular & Intermediate Blue) or vice-versa, I think. I am not at home for a few more weeks, so I can't look to see. Anyway, your colors look great. Best, Steve
                                    Thank you Steve.
                                    I used the Behr paint from Home Depot. Their white and an intermediate blue shown in a previous post.(post 3221). I airbrushed the intermediate blue but used a regular paint brush for the white.
                                    I will tell you this. After putting three coats of white on over the dark blue I had to add 5 oz of weight to the nose plus the two extra slugs that are included with the plane.
                                    That didn't cut it for me so I stripped all the paint where the white is (it just peels off) and put on only one coat of white which in turn saved me 3 oz of nose weight.
                                    I also mixed some acrylic white and black to make a grey which I airbrushed on.
                                    I used some 220 grit sand paper to remove the blue at the worn areas then sparingly brushed on some aluminum paint.
                                    Still have more to do but been flying it in between mods.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post

Tom, It's 2.5 inches sitting on the tail wheel and 1.5 with the tail level. Yeah, it's not a bunch of clearance but should be fine on a nice enough runway. I heard a pilot that flies a Hellcat say that you have to take off and land em on a three point so you don't hit the prop on the ground.
                                      I'd be very careful, on roll out mine tends to nose down a bit so I have to give some slight up just before the gear leaves the ground. I fly from a textile runway.

Tom

Comment

Thank you Steve. I used the Behr paint from Home Depot. Their white and an intermediate blue shown in a previous post.(post 3221). Tom
                                        Tom, Thanks for the Post # and for the tip on stripping the bottom for White, sounds like just the ticket. I, too, will use Behr Exterior for this build. Keep those pictures comin'. Best, Steve
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post

its plastic and you have drills (probably small and metric) then shoe goo it back on in the new location. its FUBAR now and you have nothing to loose if you FUBAR the drive gear again ( I don't think there is a term for FUBARed twice).
                                          Actually the first FUBAR is past tense with the F part ending in ed. The second one is future tense without the ed but both acronyms have the same spelling. Anyway, I might give that a try. What the hell.

Comment

Working...
                                          X