X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Actually the first FUBAR is past tense with the F part ending in ed. The second one is future tense without the ed but both acronyms have the same spelling. Anyway, I might give that a try. What the hell.
    DWL, Is like a grammatical 'double negative" then? Two (2) FUBARs in one sentence would mean, all is good, right? LOL Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• IDK, ones past tense, ones present. but how often do we get to double FUBAR something. that's like finding hens teeth?

Joe
      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• The corsair and the Hellcat shared the same engine and my two share the same motor, prop, and dummy engine. The Hellcat wound up with the Corsair wheels and got it's first flights in this morning. Setup worked just fine and no prop strikes. So don't worry, I won't be buying up all of the spare Corsair props to keep my Hellcat flying...maybe. Better hope nothing new comes out that needs this setup too. Don't know if I can resist.

Comment

• Awesome...I did the same Skyboss. Finally figured out my phone pictures. Someone here was asking about vent flaps on the front. Here they are

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
            The corsair and the Hellcat shared the same engine and my two share the same motor, prop, and dummy engine. The Hellcat wound up with the Corsair wheels and got it's first flights in this morning. Setup worked just fine and no prop strikes. So don't worry, I won't be buying up all of the spare Corsair props to keep my Hellcat flying...maybe. Better hope nothing new comes out that needs this setup too. Don't know if I can resist.
            How did the Hellcat perform with the Corsair bits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Tom, Thanks for the Post # and for the tip on stripping the bottom for White, sounds like just the ticket. I, too, will use Behr Exterior for this build. Keep those pictures comin'. Best, Steve
              More pics, still have more I want to do but flying is getting in the way.

Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                More pics, still have more I want to do but flying is getting in the way. Tom
                Tom, Good-lookin' Bird, Sir. Who's that young man in the last picture? Best, Steve
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post
                  IDK, ones past tense, ones present. but how often do we get to double FUBAR something. that's like finding hens teeth?

Joe
                  Would the hens teeth work as replacement cogs on the servo drive sprocket? Anyway, I tried the shoe goo thing but no joy. MRC is out of stock now on the gear door servos as luck would have it. Anyone have an extra laying around from a wrecked Corsair wing that I could purchase to get this bird back up in the air? I've tried many others that I had laying around but none of them work for this application.

Comment

Would the hens teeth work as replacement cogs on the servo drive sprocket? Anyway, I tried the shoe goo thing but no joy. MRC is out of stock now on the gear door servos as luck would have it. Anyone have an extra laying around from a wrecked Corsair wing that I could purchase to get this bird back up in the air? I've tried many others that I had laying around but none of them work for this application.
                    Have you tried one of the ones you have laying around, taking it apart and using the drive cog out of it? Also, what seems to not work for the application? It seems like it's just a standard 9g servo. Have you looked at what HobbyKing has in the way of a metal gear 9g servo? You can always get a pair so they match. I've used many of those for replacement in Freewing/FMS planes. They are inexpensive but the shipping for a small order may not be palatable.

Comment

• IF WHAT XVIPER SAGGESTS DOES NOT WORK, REMOVE ALL THE GEAR DOORS AND FLY THAT WAY TILL THEY GET THE SERVO IN.

WE HAD REALLY TALL GRASS AND THE SAME DOORS ON MY ZIROLI WOULD BEND AND BIND, NOTHING LIKE LANDING A 30# PLANE GEAR UP. AFTER AFEW OF THOSE I REMOVED THE DOORS AND IT FLEW THE REST OF ITS 21 YEAR LIFE THAT WAY.

JOE

P.S. SORRY 4 YELLING
                      Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I just received a small order from RC Castle and as usual, they included a small "gift" in the package. It was a free Freewing 9g digital, metal geared servo, similar to the one that is used in these planes. You should take a look at RC Castle to see if they have stock of what you need. For something small like this, RCC will mail it to you for a few bucks. It would take about a week. See what else you might need from them and make the shipment worth while.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Have you tried one of the ones you have laying around, taking it apart and using the drive cog out of it? Also, what seems to not work for the application? It seems like it's just a standard 9g servo. Have you looked at what HobbyKing has in the way of a metal gear 9g servo? You can always get a pair so they match. I've used many of those for replacement in Freewing/FMS planes. They are inexpensive but the shipping for a small order may not be palatable.
                          No I have not, but good idea. The gear/sprocket in question not only has to fit on a slotted brass shaft but the gear/sprocket itself has a limiter cog on it on the underside which is why I couldn't just rotate it to a part of the gear not damaged. Anyway, I'll try taking apart one of the other servos. They have a different sized output shaft which is why I didn't go any further because I didn't want to change out the control horn which is connected to the doors. That would have set off a whole new set of problems. If changing the sprocket out doesn't work, I'll probably just wait 'til they come back in stock. Thanks for all the input guys.

Comment

this looks like the same servo but reversed... maybe you can use a servo reverser lead to make this work for you?.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...o-md31091r-300

Comment

• Thanks for the input and the effort Rich but, at this point unless someone comes up with one out of a "bent wing", I'm just going to wait for them to come back in stock. I don't have allot of time these days for repairs.

Comment

Thanks for the input and the effort Rich but, at this point unless someone comes up with one out of a "bent wing", I'm just going to wait for them to come back in stock. I don't have allot of time these days for repairs.
                                understood

If I had one, I would have sent it up to you!

Rich

Comment

Thanks for the input and the effort Rich but, at this point unless someone comes up with one out of a "bent wing", I'm just going to wait for them to come back in stock. I don't have allot of time these days for repairs.
                                  Servos are just now in stock!!

Comment

• Thanks Rich. I'll get right on that.

Comment

• Got my Corsair out today for a few flights. On my first flight I was kinda playing around doing inverted banked turns, not tight ones, but I was inverted. Nothing extreme. However I found the hairline cracks in the paint on my preflight for the next flight. Wing still looks fine and they don’t follow the foam bead lines so I’m assuming all is good. I guess it will be till it ain’t lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	34044C4F-C585-41B4-A0F4-9BE200F0F64A.jpeg
Views:	894
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	210688Click image for larger version

Name:	7608F43E-E3A9-4786-A8A2-4460D4ECD6E0.jpeg
Views:	902
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	210689

Comment

• Got my Corsair out today for a few flights. On my first flight I was kinda playing around doing inverted banked turns, not tight ones, but I was inverted. Nothing extreme. However I found the hairline cracks in the paint on my preflight for the next flight. Wing still looks fine and they don’t follow the foam bead lines so I’m assuming all is good. I guess it will be till it ain’t lol. Click image for larger version

Views:	1302
ID:	210692Click image for larger version

Views:	1337
ID:	210693

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                                          Got my Corsair out today for a few flights. On my first flight I was kinda playing around doing inverted banked turns, not tight ones, but I was inverted. Nothing extreme. However I found the hairline cracks in the paint on my preflight for the next flight. Wing still looks fine and they don’t follow the foam bead lines so I’m assuming all is good. I guess it will be till it ain’t lol. Click image for larger version

Views:	1302
ID:	210692Click image for larger version

Views:	1337
ID:	210693
                                          MDC, Those look more like 'compression' wrinkles in the skin. Happened to me starting at about age 35 and is a continuing process even today. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X