X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

MDC, Those look more like 'compression' wrinkles in the skin. Happened to me starting at about age 35 and is a continuing process even today. Best, LB
    Haha, wait till he leaves it out in the sun a few times and then see it develop foam melanoma. Or, like most of those UNreal housewives of xxxxxxxxxx, nothing a high paid plastic surgeon can't fix (or make worse).

Comment

• Like the guys are humorously saying, nothing to be concerned about. Looks pretty normal to me.
      Rich

Comment

• https://www.worldwarphotos.info/

Hey Y'all, While doing more research for my Corsair, I ran across this gallery website of WW II photos. It is truly amazing and contains photos of aircraft, though it has photos of many/most aspects related to all branches of service. Incredible. Sadly, I cannot find a "Search" function to focus the work, so grab a beverage and enjoy. Best LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4U-1D_936.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	210872
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, Cracking myself up...Some things will never change, nor should they (pardon my grammar). Best LB

Name:	Marine_pilots_of_VB-82.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	210875
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
            Got my Corsair out today for a few flights. On my first flight I was kinda playing around doing inverted banked turns, not tight ones, but I was inverted. Nothing extreme. However I found the hairline cracks in the paint on my preflight for the next flight. Wing still looks fine and they don’t follow the foam bead lines so I’m assuming all is good. I guess it will be till it ain’t lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	34044C4F-C585-41B4-A0F4-9BE200F0F64A.jpeg
Views:	1304
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	210692Click image for larger version

Name:	7608F43E-E3A9-4786-A8A2-4460D4ECD6E0.jpeg
Views:	1339
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	210693
            when I was young and foolish I had the opportunity to put engineering upgrades on our military planes. one of those days there were two f-16-c's just outside the hanger, waiting to have the tanks drained, in the blazing Florida noon sun in july with two guys in kaki onesie's (what these guys called their flight suits) and marine core ball caps standing in the shade of the wings smoking. being young and foolish I walked out to talk to the pilots. as I got under the wing I pointed to the spots on the runway of fuel that had leaked out of the wings and said with a smile. you'ld think that pilots would know not to light up in close proximity to leaking fuel tanks. the two of them looked at each other for a moment then one said "PILOT'S! we're garbage men. we're here to take these two air force rejects to the dump." the other pilot then started in "yup, could happen today, tomorrow, or twenty years from now, but rest assured we'll get her there." then dropped his cigarette on the ground in a dry spot and put it out with his shoe.

that's how you should fly a corsair.

Joe

Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Now Joe, that's a great story. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                https://www.worldwarphotos.info/

Hey Y'all, While doing more research for my Corsair, I ran across this gallery website of WW II photos. It is truly amazing and contains photos of aircraft, though it has photos of many/most aspects related to all branches of service. Incredible. Sadly, I cannot find a "Search" function to focus the work, so grab a beverage and enjoy. Best LB

Name:	F4U-1D_936.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	210872
                Nice find LB! Thanks for posting.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This is for whomever was going to add the 'rocket launchers'. Great Pic of "Pappy", too. Best, LB

Name:	Rocket_Loaded_Wings_of_Vought_F4U-1D_Corsairs_aboard_Aircraft_Carrier_USS_Bunker_Hill_1945.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	210924Click image for larger version

Name:	Pappy_Boyington_of_Black_Sheep_Squadron_Munda.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	210925
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• "Do you see that port-side dark green bush next to the last coconut palm near the end of the runway?.....Yep, that's the only one, Ma'am." Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U_Corsairs_1944.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	210927
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A friend took this pic of my bird at a warbird fun-fly this past weekend at the Alliance Ohio Balsa Bees club - and I like it, so I'm posting it!!

Name:	68388177_2335269446590699_6930908765596155904_o.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	211185
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Great shot!! If it wasn't for the servo linkage I would swear that was full scale!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                          A friend took this pic of my bird and I like it, so I'm posting it!!
                          TMD, Yeah Baby, lookin' guu-ud. I am a bit envious of that 4-Bladed Prop, however. D@mn Man, very nice. Best LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yeah, great angle to shoot from and nice slow shutter speed to show movement on the prop. Like Todd said, the only giveaway is the servo linkage and the airfoil is a little thicker in the area of the main gear. This plane is an excellent representation of the bent wing bird!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                              This plane is an excellent representation of the bent wing bird!
                              Agreed! Now they just need to release a 2000mm version!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Don't I wish!!! If this was a test marketing plan for the bigger bird, I think it worked. Hurry up someday brother.

Comment

• Well, I finally joined the Corsair Club. I’m a warbird nut, but almost entirely focused on the ETO and MTO. I’ve never been much of a PTO enthusiast admittedly, but the beautiful Corsair has always been a plane that I wanted in my collection. When this 1.6m F4U-1 was released, I knew that I’d have to get one. I just hadn’t popped on one yet. Yesterday, that changed. A buddy of mine had bought, and flown 4 times, the Marine Birdcage Corsair. He’s not a warbird guy, and flying the big Corsair was giving him more stress than enjoyment. So, yesterday, he made me a deal that I couldn’t pass up, then threw in the 3 6S-5AH-50C batts that he’d bought for it. It was a major score!! I’ve now programmed the F4U-1 into my DX9, and everything looks great, electrically and mechanically. If the rain holds off this afternoon, I hope to get her airborne.
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Agreed! Now they just need to release a 2000mm version!
                                    MMMM 2000mm Corsair...just take my money already

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post

MMMM 2000mm Corsair...just take my money already
                                      I'll double down on that comment but just make it 2050mm to keep the elitists that still hold on to the defunct IMAA rules for their large scale events off our backs .
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'll double down on that comment but just make it 2050mm to keep the elitists that still hold on to the defunct IMAA rules for their large scale events off our backs .
                                        I test flew my black horse Macchi200 (2m ws) this weekend and had it at the field Friday and Sunday. Friday the guys said they had changed the rule to allow smaller planes in. then Sunday one of the guys while fondling it in my van said "to bad its to small for the annual fly in" i'll worry about that next year.

Charlie I hope you are coming to the warbird event on sept 21?

Joe
                                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I maidened my new-to-me Corsair this past Saturday. The maiden was fantastic! Easy to take off, flew beautifully, and easy to land with half flaps and throttle. Nothing at all spectacular about the flight. It was a typical maiden...

Then, on the second flight, it fed me a huge slice of humble pie. Easy take off and flight. Lined up on a nice approach. Half flaps as I was turning on to base, then final. Then, as I approached the threshold of the runway, I flipped flaps to full (4-sec deployment). I noticed the drop in speed and drop in altitude. I was throttling back up to compensate, but didn’t get on the throttle aggressively enough. She tip stalled about 6’ off the ground and did a somersault landing. Man! Was I ever mad at myself for dumb-thumbing that approach so badly. Cracked the wing in the saddle. It’ll be an easy Foam Tac repair. My pride is damaged waaaaaay more than the plane.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X