X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

KMD, There is no doubt that you will receive many 'owner recommendations' including this one, however, I did my research and opted for the Prusa i3 Mk3, now the Mk3S. I have zero issues and print mostly with PLA and ABS. These guys update their firmware continually and have a great slicer app, Prusa PE. I bought the kit version and building it was straight-forward, fun, and took a couple afternoons plus a few "calibration" prints and one mobile call to get it just right, but it's a learning curve with any 3D Printer. Note: I have had ZERO problems since that didn't begin in my own brain. LOL The price was decent at $749USD. Took a few weeks to take delivery as it was on Back Order in April of 2018, but not a deal-breaker me as I was all in. Several of the Hobby Squawk Members have these printers and that was one factor in my decision. Check it out at the URL below. Hope this helps. Best, LB

https://www.prusa3d.com/original-prusa-i3-mk3/
    Thank you Elbee.

Comment

KMD, There is no doubt that you will receive many 'owner recommendations' including this one, however, I did my research and opted for the Prusa i3 Mk3, now the Mk3S. I have zero issues and print mostly with PLA and ABS. These guys update their firmware continually and have a great slicer app, Prusa PE. I bought the kit version and building it was straight-forward, fun, and took a couple afternoons plus a few "calibration" prints and one mobile call to get it just right, but it's a learning curve with any 3D Printer. Note: I have had ZERO problems since that didn't begin in my own brain. LOL The price was decent at $749USD. Took a few weeks to take delivery as it was on Back Order in April of 2018, but not a deal-breaker for me, as I was all in. Several of the Hobby Squawk Members have these printers and that was one factor in my decision. Check it out at the URL below. Hope this helps. Best, LB

https://www.prusa3d.com/original-prusa-i3-mk3/
      I've been researching the 3D printer market and it's overwhelming. The Prusa does indeed seem to be a great choice. Do you have any recommendation for one with a larger build area? That segment of the market is just as overwhelming.

Comment

• I use a pair of Ender 3 printers and I'm very happy with them at their cost of $200 each. That being said, the Prusa Mk3 is king of the sub-$1k FDM printer category, in my opinion. You can't go wrong with their user history and support community. As Elbee said, the Mk3 and more recent variants start at a higher price point but in the long term under frequent usage it's got a lower headache point.

As I like to say when it comes to tools and things that make things, "Quality only hurts once".
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Agree totally Alpha. I have an ender 3 and love it.....
          Now.... owning 2 .... Genius !

Attached Files
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            I use a pair of Ender 3 printers and I'm very happy with them at their cost of $200 each. That being said, the Prusa Mk3 is king of the sub-$1k FDM printer category, in my opinion. You can't go wrong with their user history and support community. As Elbee said, the Mk3 and more recent variants start at a higher price point but in the long term under frequent usage it's got a lower headache point.

As I like to say when it comes to tools and things that make things, "Quality only hurts once".
            Thank you for the information Alpha and e4dragongunner. What do you think about this one?

Comment

• When ordering decals from Callie graphics, what is the scale for this plane. Thanks for helping

Comment

• The Flighline has a wingspan of 63 inches the 1:1 Corsair is 41 feet. 41 Feet = 492 inches
                492 / 63 = 7.8 or roughly 1/8th scale
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                  When ordering decals from Callie graphics, what is the scale for this plane. Thanks for helping
                  PHX, Vought F4U Corsair wingspan is 41 Feet. Flightline Corsair wingspan is 63" (1600mm), therefore, 41*12=492 and 492/63=7.809 and some change. I'd say 1/8th scale. When I order from Callie Graphics, if I don't know, I just ask her. Callie knows all, it's kinda scary. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm a newbie so I ordered a Prusa Mk3 to avoid as many learning problems as possible.

I don't know if this will print, or if it will work, but I made a gas cap for hatch removal. I was planning for the gray cylinder to be fuel tubing, and the black one to be a push rod.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• KMD, Your design looks great. All I know is that I print and print and print until the part works, looks good to me, and then looks good on the airframe. Then I save the STL File as "Final". Looking forward to seeing pics, Sir. Glad you got a 3D Printer and you'll love your new Prusa. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice! I was going to get a printer in February, and here it is November and still no order!!! Dang.... Maybe by this coming Feb???

Comment

KMD, Your design looks great. All I know is that I print and print and print until the part works, looks good to me, and then looks good on the airframe. Then I save the STL File as "Final". Looking forward to seeing pics, Sir. Glad you got a 3D Printer and you'll love your new Prusa. Best, LB
                          Thanks Elbee. I don't have a printer yet. I ordered it assembled, because I am so strapped for time, and it's listed as back ordered

I made a drill guide for running the sharpened fuel tubing thru the fuselage. Like he base of the gas cap, the bottom has the radius of the fuselage.

Attached Files

Comment

• Still figuring out printing nuances, but I think the gas filler latch will work. And I scaled the instrument panel and printed one that actually fits.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• KatManDEW I'm excited to see your gas filler latch in action!

Also, I can update the 3DPUP file on the website, if you didn't mind attaching your STL file here.

Thanks,
                              Alpha
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Well it fits width wise after scaling it down, but it still doesn't fit right. And the top radius doesn't match the fuselage radius after scaling it down (I was afraid of that).

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Does anyone know the dimensions of the center drop tank used on some Corsairs? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find them.

Tom

Comment

• Hello Pilots,

I have joined the Corsair group having bought the model a few weeks ago and as yet not had the test flight. Its all ready to go now, and I have the Skyboss graphics from Callie. I have made some changes.

I have joined the elevator together so now I only need one pushrod. Turn Tailplane over and with full up dremel out the elevator to take the joiner. I used a hollow piece of carbon tube 10mm thick and 100mm long. Just don't cut through top surface. Now its just like the 1600mm Spitfire.
                                    At the servo end I discarded the clamping idea and drilled a hole in the plastic servo arm 9mm out from the centre. Put a 90deg bend in pushrod and I put a wheel collar on to hold it. Now the elevator servo has an ATV of 110% and DR of 95% and 100% I did this on the Spitfire also and the elevator is very smooth as the servo moves through nearly its full travel. Before this mod, the servo ATV was 55%
                                    I'm sure this will work great as you don't need much elevator movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
                                      Well it fits width wise after scaling it down, but it still doesn't fit right. And the top radius doesn't match the fuselage radius after scaling it down (I was afraid of that).

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
                                      KMD, Can you 'clip' the edges in CAD for a width fit and leave the radius and height as is? This was my first inclination when working with the OEM STL Files earlier this year. There is a "photo" of the instruments for the IP and scaling the IP will change the fit, obviously. If you can give me an accurate width measurement and/or notch dimension, I will 'clip' the IP in CAD so there is a working STL File for everyone. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• 3D printing a drop tank for my Corsair. What you all think?

Tom
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X