X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Hawker Typhoon

Hey guys I just bought this plane I have an AR636 with as3x and safe select receiver that came out a eflite valiant would it be possible to use this in the typhoon without reprogramming, I looked in the valiant manual but it doesn;t say whether it is locked or not . I don't want to lose the SS feature or if anyone has if any of the setups on spektrum site will work. Thanks I am pretty new to this and this is my first pnp model.

Hello Brita. Welcome to squawk! It should work fine. You should rebind the receiver after you install it in the Typhoon though. Your settings will have to differ from a high wing aircraft to a warbird. But there should be no problem using the AR636. Swap it over and bind it up and then repot back, we will make sure to help you get it going smoothly.

Going forward though, you will want to grab some extra receivers so you aren't always swapping them for each aircraft.

Again, thanks for joining the squawk!

Comment

Actually I crashed the Valiant and got a replacement so I stripped down the Valiant and kept everything that was good. Thanks for your reply it will help me out . I will let you know this weekend. I can make those changes in my transmitter that should be ok?.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the crash.:Crying: But when it comes to RC, if your aren't crashing, you aren't flying. As for your question yes, I assume you are on a Spektrum transmitter like a DX6, DX8 etc? I would just start a new model and go from there. Easier to add flaps, gear etc this way and also helps you learn more. There are plenty of YouTube vids to help you if you get a bit a lost but you can always come here. Good luck!

Comment

Yep I have a Spektrum 6 . The valiant is pretty much setup the same way it has flaps. I will probably need to adjust the throws but the manual gives me the adj. I read if i put expo on the low rate it won't be so twitchy is that right i know now just any little movement on control sticks it is pretty touchy. I guess I don't quite understand what expo does, does it make it so it is not as sensitive until you get past that point? thanks I'll be testing tomorrow if it isn't raining

Comment

Be careful when installing the used receiver and make sure the orientation is correct. If you have the programming cable you can make changes to the receiver but you cannot change safe select. Since you want to install it in a different plane I would set up a switch to turn off/on as3x. After installation, increase your throttle to activate the as3x and make sure all the surfaces are moving in the correct position. Just to let you know I just got through installing a Valiant receiver (safe select) into a P-51 warbird. Haven't flown it yet but I did have to make some changes using my programming cable and laptop. :Cool:

Comment

I would be really interested to see how it turns out, and yes i was planning to use a switch to be able to turn it off, I was comparing the valiant specs with the typhoon and also the p51 they are pretty close set up wise anyway, would you mind telling me what changes you had to make. I do have a setup cable when first hooking up I need to transfer from receiver to app? otherwise my setting would be wiped out am i correct on this. Iv'e been watching the you tube videos on setting up the receiver but it is a new receiver on them.

Comment

You are talking about being able to turn safe off correct I was not going to setup my flaps and use that channel I might use the high rate switch to turn safe off that way i think i can still use my flaps and retracts.

Comment

When I installed the Valiant receiver in the P-51 some of the surfaces were reversed. Since it isn't a high wing I installed a different aircraft that mostly resembled the p-51. I believe I programmed it for the E-Flite Commander. I only did this as a starting point for the programming. When I get the plane 3 mistakes high I will turn on the as3x and go from there. I will also turn on the Safe Select and see what happens. If you only have a Dx6 you wont have enough channels for all the switches. I use the PC programmer software and not the phone app. The phone app doesn't work nearly as well.

Comment

I have the pc version to I'll give that a try tonight. I almost thought of selecting new model and installing a pre program from spektrum i was going to use the eflite p51d with safe select but now it sounds like the receiver is locked and only can adjust a few things. I need to quit reading some many post from different forums making myself really confused lol

Comment

The receiver is only locked for the "safe" part. You should be able to change everything else. I had no problems making the changes. Good luck. :Cool:

Comment

I forgot to tell you that I noticed that you are living in Fort Wayne Indiana. I grew up in Lafayette

Comment

That isn't very far away been to football game there at Purdue

Comment

Comment

This is the stting on my receiver now do you think these are good enough to fly with

Comment

your settings didn't appear to get uploaded.

Comment

That was the Valiant setup I installed the eflite p47 warbird it is pretty close in size and weight as the typhoon.

Comment

The valiant settings may not work well in a warbird. Warbirds fly very different compared to a Valiant type plane. The valiant is a high wing which usually makes it a much more friendly flier. I would find a E-flight warbird program and load it into the receiver and start from there. Be sure to bench test the AS3X system and the Safe system first before your maiden.

Comment

I loaded in a eflite p47 was bird it is similar in size and dimensions as the typhoon. I'm just waiting for fed ex to drop it off. For sure I'll make sure all the surfaces go as there supposed to. Thanks for help I'll let you know if I crash it beyond repair lol. Of this doesn't work I'm ordering one from horizon a regular 626 and have them program it.

Comment

Best of luck on your maiden and have a Merry Christmas. :):Gift:

Comment

Working...
                                        X