Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi hope someone can help,i am a bit of a newbie, I have the opera 2meter , which I can fly okay. The problem is I have just got a dx6i , l have set up to the opera ok , but I seem to be having problems setting it to the p51 . To the point we’re I had a pritty bad nose dive, and smashed the nose in. I have managed to put it back together, but a bit nervous of trying it again. I was hoping someone can help me with the right settings any help would be great thanks mike,ps l like what everyone is doing with their p51

Comment

• Hi Mike welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Would love to help...What exactly is the problem? Have you set the model up based on the manufacturer's recommendations as far as rates/throws/CG?
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Window Man, welcome to Hobby Squawk! You'll find the group here eager to help. Let us know what your settings are and we can start from there. Since you're flying the Opterra, I want to clarify that you created a new model in your radio and set the Wing Type correctly. For the P-51, you want single elevator, normal tail.

Once your radio settings are correct, we can evaluate if your battery is in the correct position and your hand launch sequence is correct (throttle, launch speed and launch angle, etc).

Don't worry, you'll be flying safely soon.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          And like the Phoenix she rises from the ashes...

Click image for larger version  Name:	phoenix.jpg Views:	124 Size:	153.9 KB ID:	183084

Hey Aros, since you painted your P-51 up as "Bald Eagle", and since you love the Raptor, I thought you'd enjoy this photo of the real beasts in heritage formation

Click image for larger version  Name:	29645641800_b58dfa7cef_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	186483

Comment

• Nice!!! :Cool::Cool:
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk W M !!! Glad you are here!!! I have not flown mine yet, so I have no useful advice at this time.... ;) Jerry

Comment

• , Hi thanks for the response from everybody, I do have it set up as the manual says. I think my problem is with the dx6i the settings I have for the p51 are, mix 1 elivator to elivator , sw on , trim act, mix 2 aile to aile sw on trim act.wingtailmix ,dualaile ,inh v-tail , inh elivon,inh i think these are right. Any help would be much appreciated , thanks mike

Comment

• Hi yes I have created a new model for the p51 I have set the low rates to the al switch. The high rates are, aile 100 expo 70 .elev 100 -expo70, low rates aile 75 expo 70 elve 55 expo 70 . I will catch up later on my way to work thanks mike

Comment

• Hi Window Man, you shouldn't have any mixes in this model. Create a New Model, select Model Type, select Airplane. For Wing Type, select 1 AIL.

Also, for your rates, double-check if you're using positive expo or negative expo. With Spektrum radios like your DX6i, you want positive values, not negative values. Also, your expo is far too high. I strongly recommend trying high/mid/low expo in the range of 40/30/25. The way expo works, an expo value of greater than +50 can make a model like this feel very jumpy. Some like it, but most pilots fly in the +20 to +35 range, give or take 5.

Comment

• Hi alpha, thanks for the help .l think I got myself into a bit of a mess. I have reset the dx6i, I’ve created a new model as you suggested with no mixes. I got d/r+expo set at , aile@ 90 expo @ 35+ , elev@75expo@35 , this is high rates. On low rates I’ve got aile at 75 expo @35 ,elev @ 55@ expo @35 . Low and high rates all working on al-dr switch. I bind
                      transmitter to Plane and all seems good, let me know what you think thanks mike

Comment

• Hi hope I haven’t explained myself so badly that I have put you all off. If anyone can help with how I’ve set my transmitter up that would be great thanks mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Window man View Post
                          Hi alpha, thanks for the help .l think I got myself into a bit of a mess. I have reset the dx6i, I’ve created a new model as you suggested with no mixes. I got d/r+expo set at , aile@ 90 expo @ 35+ , elev@75expo@35 , this is high rates. On low rates I’ve got aile at 75 expo @35 ,elev @ 55@ expo @35 . Low and high rates all working on al-dr switch. I bind
                          transmitter to Plane and all seems good, let me know what you think thanks mike
                          That should work!! :Cool:

Comment

• Newbie here...to painting and decaling that is....how do you all get such tight lines when painting and how do you apply the waterslide decals?...am assuming Solvaset is out of the question?

Comment

• Ooppps

Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by Plaztiksquadron View Post
                                Newbie here...to painting and decaling that is....how do you all get such tight lines when painting and how do you apply the waterslide decals?...am assuming Solvaset is out of the question?
                                Welcome to Hobby Squawk! For the tight lines I use painter's tape..Frog tape specifically. Rub it a bit on your pant leg to take off some of the adhesive which helps it not pull up the paint. There are all kinds of methods...Some use newspaper, some use post it notes...Waterslide decals can be applied by placing the decals in a bowl of water for about 2-to-3 minutes...Then it slides easily off the paper on to the surface. Make sure the surface area has a little moisture, that way you can still slide it around until you have the desired placement. Then I dab it lightly with a paper towel. There are many methods to painting and decals...These are what work for me. Good luck!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hi dose anybody know when these bad boys are coming back in stock. Hey plasticsqaudron ,I use the tape you use for air fix models . I tape the edges and cover the rest of the plane with news paper, that works well for me

Comment

• Took my FL Mustang to the ocean last week...LOVED the ocean air and wide open space! Had a great flight. Unfortunately I forgot the proper XT60 adapter for the charger so I was only able to get one flight in but it was awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beach46.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	189891

Click image for larger version

Name:	beach46a.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	189892
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Love it and your co pilot!!! :P:Cool:

Comment

• was always going too fly my corsair off a beach cliff ,,,saw carbon z cessna vid like that
                                        on u tube////// very cool

Comment

• Thanks! She is a professional airplane chaser! :P
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X