X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Depends on the plane. If it's a hand launcher I have it on a switch if it has wheels I just leave it on the bind button. I'm not saying my way is the best way by any means. I just do what works for me. In regards to the gains, I've just never had to touch them, but might need to someday.

Woody
    Thanks Woody, I ask only because I've been flying since Oct 2018. You would mind sending me a picture of your RX location?
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thanks Woody, I ask only because I've been flying since Oct 2018. You would mind sending me a picture of your RX location?
      Well I have it in a few planes, what type of plane would you like to see. Remember my cell phone camera is crap, kind of fuzzy. But yea I'll send you a few pictures in the next couple of days for sure.

Woody

That's funny, I just restarted in Oct or 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

How do you launch in zero wind? Out of curiosity
        I just try to give it more of a toss so it picks up speed... I had no issues with this plane however except from one close call were I tossed it to flat. But I don't give it more throttle with more/less wind.
        As Woody did mention above Full throttle will be an issue with less wind/less stabilization at launch speed. Speaking of that, a stabilizer sure also does help.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
          Remember when you hand launch this P-51, Full throttle, "NOT A GOOD THING"! Remember more throttle, equals more torque, & roll! My friend, "Aros" figured this out the hard way! Now, this guy knows how to fly! He's probably 10x the pilot I am, but unfortunately, he is not the first exceptionally good pilot I saw that got stung by this sort of thing. Think smooth. Once you get the hang of it, it's the easiest take offs you'll ever do. Seriously! "Aros", if you can fly that Phantom around your an exceptional pilot.
          Well I don't know about exceptional unless you mean exceptionally bone-headed sometimes. LOL

I can pilot models decently. Been doing it for almost two decades now but that doesn't mean I am immune to the occasional "What was I thinking?" I should have known better than to under hand toss at WOT...Thought I could get away with it...Nope!

Ordered a new wing and spinner...Future hand tosses will be around 60% power.

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Well I don't know about exceptional unless you mean exceptionally bone-headed sometimes. LOL

Tbh... After I learned flying with a PZ Wildcat I learned flying and landing EDF's and Warbirds with landing gear, then got a handlaunch Super Scorpion 70mm and tossed it with tailwind on the 5th pack because... :Silly::Loser:

Sometimes :Poo: just happens

Comment

• Indeed my friend! If you ain't crashin' you ain't flyin' so they say. ;)
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Graphics arrived from Callie! Ready for maiden flight - hopefully this weekend! :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36421.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	182099Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36422.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	182100Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36423.jpg
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	182101Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36424.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	182102

Comment

• Looks real sharp! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Looks real sharp! :Cool:
                    Thank you! I used the same FMS pilot that others have used. It is even FAA compliant with my registration number discreetly applied on the underside exterior. All my models have my contact info, FAA & AMA numbers in the battery hatch area as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post

Thank you! I used the same FMS pilot that others have used. It is even FAA compliant with my registration number discreetly applied on the underside exterior. All my models have my contact info, FAA & AMA numbers in the battery hatch area as well.
                      EXACT. SAME. HERE. :)

Your Mustang looks fantastic, btw!!

Comment

Graphics arrived from Callie! Ready for maiden flight - hopefully this weekend! :Cool:

Name:	image_36421.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	182099Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36422.jpg
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	182100Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36423.jpg
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	182101Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36424.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	182102
                        Looks great man! want to know how ya like it.

Woody

Comment

• Hey guys, here is a video going over all the audible tones in the P-51 30A esc. Few guys need help in customer service taking off the motor brake. I went back and added the video to the beginning posts as well and the chart in the video is on the product page under the support tab

Comment

• Weather didn't co-operate this past weekend to get maiden flight in. Hopefully spring weather sorts itself out soon!

Comment

• Yeah been very windy here lately. My new wing and spinner arrives tomorrow...Hope to have Bald Eagle back in the air this weekend.
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• And like the Phoenix she rises from the ashes...

Name:	phoenix.jpg
Views:	2057
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	183084
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here's mine

Planes
                                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

And like the Phoenix she rises from the ashes...

Name:	phoenix.jpg
Views:	2057
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	183084
                                    Looks good as new!! Hope your next flight goes well!!

Comment

Looks good as new!! Hope your next flight goes well!!
                                      Thanks, that makes two of us at least! LOL

thisguy65, lookin' good! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• The re-maiden was a success (well not for the prop). A bit windy and cold as Hell (your classic oxymoron thank you very much) and my fingers were about to fall off but I went for it. Thought about hand tossing above the shoulders griping the undercarriage but that didn't go so well so I went back to the underhand toss (which I am terrible at since I am used to overhand tosses). Using my noggin' this time I went to half throttle not WOT and lo and behold she left my hand without much fanfare. Still a bit wobbly but that's just a matter of getting used to doing it.

Hard to re-trim with the winds but I got her feeling pretty good. As fun and simplistic as yank and banking can be, I am thinking about doing the rudder mod. Even at smaller size, I really do prefer coordinated turns. But for now it's perfectly fine. Flew with the Admiral 4S 2200...Nice and zippy. Unfortunately I broke my second prop on a rough landing. As much as I want to blame the prop for being a bit on the brittle side (and I do believe this is part of the equation mind you), truth is, my landing spots have been bumpy, very hard and cold from all the snow we've had. The grass is flat and stiff. Just like my ex. ZING!

So other than being on prop #3 now, all went well and Bald Eagle lives to see the next sortie! Now I just need to talk management into ordering a boat-load of these props as I have a feeling they will be quite popular.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• flew mine today..love it, fast as can be. i to would like rudder, kinda feel naked with out it.
                                          Planes

Comment

Working...
                                          X