X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Black View Post

Can you pls explain the process of painiting? Did you use water based color, and did you spray painted it or did you use handbrush?
    Yes, I did use regular polycarbonate spray paint together with low adhesion masking tape.
    It really was easier than I thought as you can nicely cover the parts with the tape and also use newspaper or some other plastic to cover larger parts to prevent the tiny color particles / spray mist to attach to these parts.
    Then just spray in fine layers with enough distance to the object. Do 3 or 4 layers and let the color dry a bit between each layer. This should give you a nice covering color that you can also top with clearcoat for more shine (but I did not use clearcoat myself)

Comment

• Originally posted by McLogo View Post

Yes, I did use regular polycarbonate spray paint together with low adhesion masking tape.
      It really was easier than I thought as you can nicely cover the parts with the tape and also use newspaper or some other plastic to cover larger parts to prevent the tiny color particles / spray mist to attach to these parts.
      Then just spray in fine layers with enough distance to the object. Do 3 or 4 layers and let the color dry a bit between each layer. This should give you a nice covering color that you can also top with clearcoat for more shine (but I did not use clearcoat myself)
      I already have the low adhesion masking tape, just need to buy some acrilic paint. Tnx for the info m8

Comment

• Hey All, new on hobby Squawk myself!

Ive just picked up this little baby and am looking to give her the Ferocious Frankie scheme. Ive got the colours sorted but have just been playing around with masking tapes. Following the advice in this forum elsewhere, I have tried the Tamiya curvy masking tape on the top of the wing just as a tester... and its peeled the original silver paint right off!!! Not even pressing down hard and practically laying it on the original paint, I’ve tried it again and same thing, just rips the paint off, not good.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help before I strip my entire model of silver paint?! Is normal old painters masking tape any better? Not that the Tamiya stuff is particularly sticky, must admit I was surprised this happened. Not sure how well the paint is applied on the model :/

Thanks for any help you guys have!!

Comment

• Welcome to "The Squawk" Adam! Some paints can be terribly finicky on particular surfaces and this appears to be one of those models. Personally I would simply just paint over everything and then do your trim work once the new base coat has completely dried. Then you shouldn't have any issues using painter's or Tamiya curve tape. You can also help "de-tack" the tape rubbing it a few times on your pants. Hope this helps and be sure to add your photos once you're done!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Aros!

I think you’re right on the process of spraying the whole aircraft and then starting from there, and the tip about de-tacking the tape is brilliantly simple!

Ive done the rudder modification so thats pretty much complete, time to get spraying! I will definitely post some pics once Frankie is done, just received my stickers from Callie Graphics today and they look perfect!!

Comment

• Fantastic! Good luck and we look forward to the pics!

When it comes time to hand toss, keep in mind that this one has that "torque roll" tendency so some are countering with right trim/Flight Modes, flaps or having someone else toss it for you so you have both hands on the sticks from the start. For me, I simply go to half throttle, give it a good toss about 30 degrees or so and have a touch of right stick going on until I can get her off and running...Has been working great for me the past dozen or so times...
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey all, me again and looking for some more advice!

Ive bound my DX8 Gen 2 Tx to my new Admiral RX600SP, and everything is working apart from the throttle. No power seems to be going to the motor because it isn’t turning or doing a thing!

Ive never used the admiral Rx before so just wandered if anyone out there had any issues like this themselves? Any input is most welcome and thanks in advance!

Comment

• You will want to calibrate your ESC. Check out this link to learn how...

A very common reason a customer might call us is because they can't get their ESC to work.  They bought a new airplane from us, receive the shipping package, excitedly put it together, following the instructions, charging the battery, binding the airplane to their radio, checking their control surfaces that are working

Hope that solves it!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ive had the same problem with everything working except throttle. I dont remember exactly what I did. But, I know its something to do with the transmitter. You have to increase the throttle endpoint in the transmitter. Just a little at a time(like 5 at a time).

Comment

• Cheers all, and thanks for the tip coconut! You were right, it wasn’t the setup of the ESC but a setting essentially on the transmitter. All sorted now though and the rudder modification is all done and working! Surprisingly straightforward!!

It’s going to be a little while, but once the plane is sprayed ill put some pics up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam1985 View Post
                        Hey all, me again and looking for some more advice!

Ive bound my DX8 Gen 2 Tx to my new Admiral RX600SP, and everything is working apart from the throttle. No power seems to be going to the motor because it isn’t turning or doing a thing!

Ive never used the admiral Rx before so just wandered if anyone out there had any issues like this themselves? Any input is most welcome and thanks in advance!
                        Mine did the same thing. Re calibrating the ESC fixed it.

Comment

• Comment

• Here’s some pics of my Ferocious Frankie, still got the stickers to put on but fairly happy with it! The masking tape peeling off the original silver paint proved a massive nightmare, lots of stressful moments getting it to this stage!

I will post pics once the stickers are on. I did the rudder mod on it and it was very straight forward and good fun converting the model!

Comment

• Nice work!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looks great Adam!

Comment

• Comment

• This is the FlightLine P-51 Mustang With RECKEM ROYS RC on the sticks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                                      This is the FlightLine P-51 Mustang With RECKEM ROYS RC on the sticks.
                                      I really like the yellow. Thanks for the vid, enjoyed it much, watched the whole thing. W

Comment

• Ferocious Frankie is complete! Now the first flight to come...

Comment

• Beautiful work! Looks fantastic, nice job!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X