• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough with EDFs, where’s the Bronco?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A7C6B8A7-4112-43E6-B71D-62664B1634BD.jpeg
Views:	805
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	194198 We have seen a bunch of edfs released such as F4, F22, L39, FA18 and now F35. I love all of them, well maybe not the f35 but why not have a cool prop warbird debut? I mean not another Corsair or P51 or Bearcat but a OV10 Bronco. Something different and cool that no other company has. I’m tired of these 3-4 min flights and always seem to go back to my p51 or p38 to break up those short flights with edfs. It’s a great time to be in this hobby but I feel the market is saturated with edfs and Mustangs, corsairs, bearcats etc. Need something refreshing.

While I would love an OV-10 myself, the industry is certainly on an EDF kick right now. Personally, I love it and am glad they are but I understand those that aren't as well. A few hours down on the Electric flight line at Joe Nall and it is easy to see what a ton of folks want right now.

Comment

Name:	12299363676_4f1852f80d_b.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	194193

Comment

Name:	image_39551.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	194195 Joe Nall don’t represent all of us fliers. It’s only a small portion that can make it there. A lot of fliers don’t attend those meets and while I agree the market is on a edf kick, I believe many would buy something different if it was offered. Maybe a nice 1600mm ov10 with a space in fuse for sound system, easy on/off wing tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

Name:	image_39551.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	194195 Joe Nall don’t represent all of us fliers. It’s only a small portion that can make it there. A lot of fliers don’t attend those meets and while I agree the market is on a edf kick, I believe many would buy something different if it was offered. Maybe a nice 1600mm ov10 with a space in fuse for sound system, easy on/off wing tips.
          I wasn't saying Joe Nall represents everyone. I am saying it is a nice sample group of people from all over the country at one place. When you have that large of a sample group, and EDFs outnumber warbirds 3 to 1, it does say a lot.

Comment

And the Bronco Drum Corp keeps growing. I know you hear us Alpha

Name:	bronco-AV155505.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	194205Click image for larger version

Name:	drummer-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views:	559
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	194206
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Tired of jets, but mainly because they don't fly for squat at 7000 ft. alt. I want a TBM Avenger!!! By the way, that Bronco is a beauty! Doc

Comment

OK I know this is an OV10 thread but I’d like to suggest some other great twins:
                How about a 1600mm Ju88, or Mosquito or Beaufighter or Me410?
                Please!!

Comment

Ah my Bronco buddies!!
                  There will come a day when this will be all behind us and we'll be flying our Broncos and remembering the good fight we put up to get this plane to be a realityov10Cool::Cool::Cool:

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

You guys got your wish, the new Bronco has arrived.....:Cool:

Well, maybe not Fliteline or Freewing but it is a Bronco.

OV-10 Bronco 1800mm (70.8") Wingspan from Nexa - Balsa Wood ARF - NXA1000-001 The North American/Rockwell OV-10 Bronco was developed to meet the requirements of the United States Marine Corps Light Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft (LARA) program that was to provide the service with a multi-role aircraft that could operate

Comment

:) I was expecting a foamy from FL but a woody is excellent in my books too :Cool:LOL. Now the pressure is on to get the garage/hangar finished ;)
                      I like the fact that it has spare parts like the foam line of airframes have
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Too pricey with no gear doors. Pass. Not a balsa fan anymore. Spent years building them and dont Feel like ripping off covering to glue stuff back together. I’ll stivk with my FLp38 for now. Cheaper to fix or replace parts. I understand Motion wants to expand but it’s almost like they are turning into another tower hobbies. The last price increase was bad but now with these high price balsa models it’s not making me want to buy anything anymore.

Comment

Too pricey with no gear doors. Pass. Not a balsa fan anymore. Spent years building them and dont Feel like ripping off covering to glue stuff back together. I’ll stivk with my FLp38 for now. Cheaper to fix or replace parts. I understand Motion wants to expand but it’s almost like they are turning into another tower hobbies. The last price increase was bad but now with these high price balsa models it’s not making me want to buy anything anymore.
                          I had the same apprehension at first. But after reading this description "Covered in high quality Oracover " and looking at the spare parts page and seeing that even the spare parts come covered I was impressed. This has been the only balsa model I would ever consider just because it does not require the typical lengthy labor. Plus like others have said the model may not come with electronics but it can be fitted with the best so nothing requires upgrading later on.
                          It might be pricey compared to the usual 1600mm and under models but this is a larger 1800mm which typically cost $500+ in foam anyways. The old E-flight T-28 Carbon Z was a 1900mm that cost $569.

Comment

Pricing out all the needed parts puts final at around 900-1000 dollars. Sorry but that’s a bit much for my taste. I can buy 2 other nice PnP foamies with gear doors for that and have twice the fun. Plus theres no leds and would be a real pita to get in.

Comment

I really have no control, and should seek professional psychiatric help, and pressed the buy button without really thinking how much $$$$ this Project would consume.
                              :wacky
                              I can’t imagine their are Warbird pilots that can watch a well flown Bronco and not buy this offering. It’s a must have. :ov10

GIANT SCALE RC OV-10 BRONCO (Piloted by Steve Holland)This Bronco is a regular on the show circuit and Steve always displays its full flight capability in a ...

Comment

While I really would love this offering I can not justify spending close to a grand for this. I am holding out for a foamie with gear doors, panel lines and a price tag of around 549 for a pnp version.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                  I really have no control, and should seek professional psychiatric help, and pressed the buy button without really thinking how much $$$$ this Project would consume.
                                  :wacky
                                  I can’t imagine their are Warbird pilots that can watch a well flown Bronco and not buy this offering. It’s a must have. :ov10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNPcmtSKTZE
                                  When you make it that big why is he using gasses instead of turbines???? SMDH

Comment

I was close to buying one a few weeks back but decided I did not like the fact that this Bronco has no gear doors, retracts need to be sourced along with servos. I work 50-60 hours a week and really have no time to build anymore. The foamies we can buy come ready to fly. I like that since time is limited in my book. Still wishing for a nice foamie Bronco.

Comment

I was close to buying one a few weeks back but decided I did not like the fact that this Bronco has no gear doors, retracts need to be sourced along with servos. I work 50-60 hours a week and really have no time to build anymore. The foamies we can buy come ready to fly. I like that since time is limited in my book. Still wishing for a nice foamie Bronco.
                                      Agree 100%. Don’t have time to hit and miss purchasing stuff that should be available. I know, for a lot of people, that the chase is as fun as the catch, but I’d rather be flying myself

Comment

Working...
                                      X